Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

I heard on the newz this morning that the pirate party got 1 seat in parliament...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Yeah, we've got one for certain; There's one seat that's not dealt out yet, though, since there are like 3 overweight parties (that almost reached the 4% barrier) and since we're closest to another seat, we're most likely to get that one.

Chocofreak13

go nej! and pirates! if i was 18 and the us had a pirate party i'd have voted for it :3 pirates be awesome <3

Added after 15 seconds:

.......................and smexy
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"go nej! and pirates! if i was 18 and the us had a pirate party i'd have voted for it :3 pirates be awesome <3

Who says we didn't?  Of course, we all know the massive success of third parties in the US, now don't we?  On the other hand, the representatives of this party seem capable of articulating themselves without sounding like complete nutjobs, unlike certain other third parties.  So who knows, things may bode well for them, especially given the appeal such a party would have to younger voters...

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Somewhat jealous of those guys' savvy logo.

>w>

Chocofreak13

ok fine, i'll vote pirate next march! jeebus......

go nej...woo....

i'm sick again :[
and my best friend/lover-type-person is sleeping in the park tonight. D:
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Somewhat jealous of those guys' savvy logo.

Yeah, it's nice, but I prefer the simplicity of the original Pirate Party logo - much easier to screenprint, ya know?

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"ok fine, i'll vote pirate next march! jeebus......

It's not like we're forcing you :P.

Seriously though, when you do vote, be sure you vote for a candidate that shares your ideals.  I hate to be that guy (skeptic, pessimist, etc.), but I highly doubt the party will have matured enough in time for you to register/vote.  When you find the time, just do some research to find out what suits you...

NejinOniwa

Sad, but true. As I recall, there are only established and registered Pirate Parties in Finland (last week, woo!) and Germany, aside from Sweden. Savvy logo be well, but that doesn't mean they're much for action right now. o.o

Chocofreak13

eh, i'm a democrat. if i like what the pirates have to say, i'll vote for em'. :3
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I know it's kinda lame to discuss RL stuff here, but I thought this was pretty cool.

So this morning my mom wakes me up because she's freaking out about a snake on a tree that she can see just outside the window.  So I get out of bed and look out the window next to the living room computer and sure enough, there it is... I go back to sleep.

Not much later, I'm awoken by my dad... guess where it is now.

Time for a close up...

Apparently it was being hounded by a defensive mockingbird, and guessing from its size and color, it's a black racer snake.  Any ophiologists (or aspiring ophiologists) care to give it a go?

Chocofreak13

it's kinda scary o___o;
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Eh, not really, it's scrawny and non-venomous.  Now, a young copperhead sunning near the road is scary... of course, it is much smaller than this snake.

Chocofreak13

we always joked to my friend cj that one day he was gonna find, like, a 24 ft python slithering around his car (it's a mess).

so one day he's cleaning out his car, and what does he find, but--oops!--a copperhead coiled upand hissing at him on the floor.

lol. i still laught at that, even though it happened last year.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Aim for the stars, use a bow, hit the treetops.
Aim for the treetops, use a shotgun, hit absolutely nothing.
Aim for ANYTHING, use a sufficiently powerful railgun, hit the stars. FO REALZ.