Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Eh?

How am I supposed to read english posts in swedish? Google Translator? Hell no. And hell no this shit's got my grammar.

Or do you mean the forum interface? (if so, that's no as well)

Frankly, I so rarely use swedish online it's fascinating when I do ^^
The irony is that I rarely get to speak much english either, so my vocabulary may be enormous and I may be skilled at handling the language, but some of my pronounciations are a bit...home-made. ^^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

:] cool.
i wish i was bilingual, i speak american and broken bits and pieces of other languages :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I used to be good at speaking Spanish but I decided not to take Spanish class last year since it was so hard for me the year before and I regret my decision. I forgot most of the Spanish vocabulary and grammar I learned over the past 5 years!

At least I remember this phrase: Hasta la vista!

Chocofreak13

i took french in 6th and 7th grade......had to take summer school in 7th cause of it >__<;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

I speak fluent Dutch and fluent english (i should be damned ashamed of myself if i couldn't speak proper english, since half my family is english ^_^) and i speak a bit french plus some german... :D

Oh, and i'm also learning to drive a forklift.. Not exactly a language, but more an art... ^_^ (it's a good thing to be able to drive those things right at our company, since most pallets' cargo is worth a couple of thousand euro...)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I always had the impression that dutch sounds like you have something stuck deep down in your throat.

Then again, so does Danish. And german. Only dutch gives you a headache _>_

Smokey

Heh, yeah dutch is a pain to learn, no wonder since it's one of the most (or just the most) difficult language to master... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

How about trying to speak in Klingon? Now THAT sounds like you have something stuck in your throat!

Smokey

true, treu... but it is fun learning klingon in the train/bus... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Good thing with being able to speak 3 languages is that I can confuse the heck out of some Finnish people by speaking Swedish very quickly.

Even better if I use some strange dialect....

Bad thing with 3 languages is that you start to mix them sometimes...

Chocofreak13

speaking in languages that no one understands is fun. it confuses people.
like nadsat and esparanto. :3 and sometimes latin.
the thing i love about german (and russian) is that, while being pretty and charming, it also sounds extremely violent. gruff and angry. "ICH LIEBE MEINE GROßMUTTER!!!"

so what have all you malchikiwicks and devotchkas been up to? i myself have been all about, peeting some cola, no ultraviolence however, just spending some pretty polly i came into today.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

You don't speak german, you bark it... (Jetzt! stehen bleiben!! works wonders if you speak with a high pitched voice and look very surprised while barking german ) ^_^

QuoteBad thing with 3 languages is that you start to mix them sometimes...
Heh, i sometimes have the hardest time finding the word i'm looking for in dutch, while i do know the english translation...^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

That's a problem for anyone who's bilingual in the slightest...

Vaereth

I tired with my provider and changed it, but it is shame that this change took so long((

Quote from: "Seamore"You do gardening Vaereth?

I just help my parents to pull out the weeds and to harvest :) . Some times I prepare the beds in garden for future plants. And we raise fruit ang vegetables for cooking too but only in summer and autumn period^^

On topic. Well I speak English freely but sometimes begin to feel shy about mistakes ( hough i always told that i practicaly haven't them but i belive that i have) and forget some worlds  ;014

Nej, are you in a music band? Cool^^ Want to hear some of you songs^^

BTW examination period has began so i might disappear for a day or two cuz of reading for an exam((
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

NejinOniwa

Band, band, not really. Music class, since 4th grade, with the later years more and more professionalizing. It's mostly choir-focused, though, so we mainly do classical works and musicals, but some modern stuff sneaks in too. ^^