Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Saunas are invigorating if you do it right; get in sauna, get all steamy, go outside, roll in snow...
In case of snow being absinth, you can always dive in a bath of really cold water...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Hey, being tired is a damn luxury for me, plus, the invigoration comes later. .w.

Added after 41 seconds:

At least, tired at the right time of the day. Meaningly, the night.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

last time sis went in a sauna she almost died.

A&D looks good, but i'm intrested not in the religion. it goes about:
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I can't see where the "fantasy themes" come in, though. If anything it's scifi, and barely, since antimatter is a very real thing in this world - if not as much as elsewhere.

Chocofreak13

are we talking about the same thing? i mean that new movie, angels and demons. there's fantasy right in the title.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

But that's just the title - as far as I read it, there sure ain't none of them in the book, even stretching things...

Chocofreak13

eh, even then, the preview leads me to believe it's a good movie. i'll see it if i get the oppertunity.

has anyone ever heard of the movie "sunshine"? good, very good.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Not heard about Sunbshine... sorry... ^_^

Also Nej, even though anti-matter isn't exactly sci-fi anymore, we have yet to produce viable quantities... and the amount produced there is so insane it makes it sci-fi...

Spoiler: ShowHide
Also in the end, when the canister of anti-matter explodes, i thought; Lame, followed by Weak and As IF... Since when the field wich was stabilizing collapsed, the animatter flowed slowly to one edge of thwe canister...For christs sake, it's anti-matter, not ketchup! also the blast that followed was way too weak, a teaspoon could level Rome, and that was half a cup. Plus the blast produced a nebula wich is unlikely since anti-matter leaves no residu)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Well, Artistic Rendition, lawl. We've never actually seen an antimatter explosion that huge, so we wouldn't know, would we?

Vaereth

today I noticed a Broken Sky novel (written by Chris Wooding) the part 1 of which I read 5 years ago...it is a shame that there has been no translates of the other parts for already 5-6 years ((
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

Quote from: "Nej"We've never actually seen an antimatter explosion that huge, so we wouldn't know, would we?

Sure we know, we know what anti-matter does when it comes into contact with normal matter; it turns into pure energy  (the anti-matter and an equal amount of matter) instantly, resulting in an explosion... now if it leaves absolutely no residu on a small scale, we can extrapolate and conclude that it won't do so on a large scale either... Plus; energy + clouds does not produce novae...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Ok, for some Antimatter 101:

Annihilation produces pure energy in huge amounts, but some of that energy will transcode immediately to matter (or in other ways procure it), so other things than energy does appear. Yeah.

Smokey

still, there's no reason to assume that a matter-antimatter reaction will produce nebulae, the producers just put it in for show, because it'd look better...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Well, I didn't see the movie yet, now did I? -w-

Smokey

go right ahead,, it won't be a waste of time, even if youér just after a general action movie...
Thanks Fedora-sama