Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i respect philosophers. go you ian, go you.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Wouldn't it be cool to play football with nukes? Well that was the first thought i had when seeing that... ^_^

Anywho... A&D is a good movie, even though i don't buy into that whole "ooh there's a conspiracy and the big bad vatican is holding secrets" thing...
Besides, if the vatican is holding secrets, so what? the world is still going, isn't it?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

why does the nuclear football right a bell...? i think something like that was on codename kids next door so many years ago....
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"Anywho... A&D is a good movie, even though i don't buy into that whole "ooh there's a conspiracy and the big bad vatican is holding secrets" thing...
Besides, if the vatican is holding secrets, so what? the world is still going, isn't it?

Yeah, I get that, but for me the movie just doesn't seem to hold any appeal.  I don't really know how to explain it, other than I watch the trailers and go "meh".  Usually the stuff I see is either sci-fi, comedy, horror, or action.  Just my thing, ya know?

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"i respect philosophers. go you ian, go you.

I wouldn't really call myself a philosopher - I'm not quite knowledgeable enough, but I appreciate that.  Nobody really seems to care about philosophers today unless your name is feckin' Deepak Chopra.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

wow, philosophy is a good thing... It goes hand in hand with science...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

As I know it can cause a new branch of science ^_^

Btw To me the secrets of vatican isn't interesting as much as finding them and  interpretation of the symbols which are involved in this finding stuff ^_^  ^_^
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

Well, if the vatican has secrets, they probably have a good reason to...
Besides, the world would be a boring place without secrets...

This just in; F.E.A.R. 2 is a cool game... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

Yeah, they have reasons which involves it bloody history *trying to act scary :D *

I never played shooter expected Doom series ;018 But I didn't like a lot of blood views so I quited.

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

NejinOniwa

THIS JUST IN

Saunas make you tired.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Vaereth

It makes me relaxed XP Btw we havn't got saunas we have Russian baths (this translation is from the dictionary...I don't know whether it has the right meaning of the word banya ;018 )

NejinOniwa

Steam/sweat/heat bathes are pretty much the same, unless you go down Turkey, afaik.

Vaereth

I like Turkey bathes but some times there is too much of steam which made it hard to breath))

VonDaab

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"THIS JUST IN

Saunas make you tired.

No, you're just weak.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"wow, philosophy is a good thing... It goes hand in hand with science...

Well, for a very long time, philosophy was a very general field encompassing not only what we consider today as philosophy but also science, mathematics, and law.  Arguably even certain religions were borne of philosophy, many of the ideas proposed by Christianity had long been explored by Aristotle (who was mentored by Plato who was mentored by Socrates).  That possibly unnecessary bit of information aside, philosophers played a very important role in the shaping of many civilizations.  Sir Isaac Newton, the famed physicist, was indeed a philosopher.  Founding Father, Ben Franklin, was greatly influenced by western philosophers, as his ideas regarding government borrowed a number of concepts from them.  Anyway, I'm kind of digging myself in a trench here, so you get the idea.  I should also mention I know next to nothing when it comes to eastern philosophy, but I'm highly interested in learning.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "Vdb"No, you're just weak.
Actually I think it's more to do with the fact that it's late evening and I haven't slept more than at most 5, usually 4 hours a day for some weeks now...also I'm having aftershocks of a cold and some bruises everywhere...

Weak, no. More like, battered?