Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

yep, but we're working on that... meanwhile, why don't you look at our new and shiny Plasma arc gasification plants where we dispose of your trash in a cutting-edge kinda way... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Yeah, and getting the reactors to live long enough. The prototype fusion plant built somewhere in england not too long ago had a 10m thick heavy iron reactor wall, and it was expected to have a reactor lifetime of 10 years...which makes it damn inefficient cost-wise.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Yep... oh well, as long as we keep calling em Reaktors, i'm happy as a pea... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

And isn't the concern regarding fission reactors the amount of by-product produced (also inefficient)?

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Quotecreating an electrical arc. Inert gas under pressure is passed through the arc
electrical arc. Inert gas under pressure
Inert gas
INERT GAS
THE GAS! IT'S INERT! >_<

Added after 1 minutes:

Yeah, that too, then again getting moar deuterium or tritium is quite much easier than getting more uranium...

Smokey

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"And isn't the concern regarding fission reactors the amount of by-product produced (also inefficient)?

Naah, that's why we developed breeder reaktors...

Quote from: "Wikipedia"A breeder reactor is a nuclear reactor that generates new fissile or fissionable material at a greater rate than it consumes such material. These reactors were initially (1940s and 1960s) considered appealing due to their superior fuel economy; a normal reactor is able to consume less than 1% of the natural uranium that begins the fuel cycle, whereas a breeder can utilize a much greater percentage of the initial fissionable material, and with re-processing, can use almost all of the initial fissionable material. Breeders can be designed to utilize thorium, which is more abundant than uranium. Currently, there is renewed interest in breeders because they would consume less natural uranium (less than 3% compared to conventional light-water reactors), and generate less waste, for equal amounts of energy, by converting non-fissile isotopes of uranium into nuclear fuel.
[/url]

Quote doubles as hotlink...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

That's interesting, you do understand it's not just hippies promoting the use of carbon-based fuels, right?

Smokey

;018 Promoting? Don't you mean, protesting?
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Hotlink! Does not! Work! >_>
And the best use of carbon is fusing it up into nanomaterials. GET TO IT FGDS!

Anyway, yesterday I went shopping with my clone, and at random I found this GORGEOUS Cashmere coat, sale'd from 2500 to 800...awesome points are off the scale.

So on that note, what has /osc/ been buying lately, with the recession and all? Clothing-wise, firstly.

Smokey

And i believe that everyone who says: ooh, we have to cut CO2 emissions because that kills our trees is a dam hippie... CO2 feeds our trees, we just need to plant more of those things, because there is now more CO2 than tree-appetite...

New Adidas running shoes, from â,¬50 to â,¬12,50...

Added after 26 seconds:

BTW, link in quote does work...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

QuotePromoting? Don't you mean, protesting?

That would make more sense but based on one of your previous quotes, hippies would prefer carbon-based fuel to nuclear energy.  I don't necessarily believe that's the case.

QuoteCO2 feeds our trees, we just need to plant more of those things, because there is now more CO2 than tree-appetite...

I agree, but how will that work when everyone keeps cutting the damn things down?

My proposed solution - NO MORE HUMANS!  Well not really, but seriously people in this country are having way too many damn kids.

What clothing have I bought since the recession?  Um, I did get a Municipal Waste hoodie, but that was at Fun Fun Fun Fest last year.  Mostly I just wait for the opportunity to get free shit, like blood drives or event swag.

NejinOniwa

Don't your local stores have "PANIC ATTACK SINCE WE CAN'T GET SHIT OUT BEFORE THE SPRING COLLECTION ARRIVES"-sales? If so, goto. They are bountiful.

Smokey

yep, always buy yer shiz out of season, is lots cheaper... ^_^

And if those damn hippies were to stop and think for a second with that last braincell they haven't toked away, they'd also choose Nuclear Power...

Attack Reaktors, No walls, no permits, just Reaktors...Attack Reaktors...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Attack reactors? You mean like the ones in my powersuits?

Smokey

No, more liek walking Chernobyls....
Thanks Fedora-sama