Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

lol, the music!  Annabelle's a RealPlayer vizualisation.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

Ow, right... just installed RP since not using it for a couple of years...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I always thought RP was the worst thing to ever happen to media players, even more than WMP?

Then, maybe that's just the crap format.

Spiders and the like don't scare me (I dunno what does, except one of my classmates, and she does seem to be harmless, just on the same insanity scale as I am, miraculously. Oh well), and the only time I've been seriously intimidated by anything animal was in the Swiss Alps, when I encountered some freaking horde of huge alpine sheep with FUCKMADAMNSPIRAL HUEG horns. I was armed with a gangly orange plastic stick (you know what they look like) and my 14-year old body at the time, so I considered it a pretty good idea to call a retreat when they started marching towards me. Jeesh. Felt a bit shaken after that one.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Well, Real Player is an excellent media player.  I happen to think that it does a much better job at managing playlists than Windows Media Player, but the RealMedia formats really do suck - in terms of flexibility.  I mean it's good they give you more quality in a smaller size, but not being able to edit or convert the files is inexcusable.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Still far inferior to H.264, though. And I always though Real was too "wannabe hipster" for its own good. It's like excessive sugar coating. Bleh.

CaptBrenden

WINAMP = it really whoops the lama ass
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

LULZ

But yeah, Winamp has always been my player of choice (and hearing that intro once every time you update isn't exactly bad, rather it's quite amusing) - especially when I had my iPod, since there's nothing better to sync it with than just Winamp (especially with mlipod installed).

And don't even mention iTunes, that sorry excuse for a RAM hog.

VonDaab

Not to mention the bricking issue with first Vista version and iPods...

IanDanKilmaster

My favorite media player is Amarok, but the simplest player I use is probably VLC.  I've used xmms on occasion, but those occasions are really rare.  I'm just too accustomed to all the features of a jukebox, also Amarok can get extended functionality through the use of Python scripts.

The Choice of a New Generation.

CaptBrenden

Toki

winamp and VLC for Toki ^__^ Rah rah. Also, I like cheese. And hot chocolate! I've been blessed with so much hot chocolate!!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

ooh now i want hot chacolae *goes to boil some water*

Red-Machine

I like WMP.  It's the only one I use really.  Other than SIDPLAY32 and AYEmulator.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Toki

CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

I use winamp for my music... and the WMP Classic that came with SLD codec pack for movies...
(okay and quicktime for the odd quicktime movie)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^