Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

I'm guessing you wants improvs?

Give me some time... it'll come.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Well, just about anything would do for now, the feeling of impending thread doom is worse than anything else. >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Trust me when I say I have nothing on the computer at the moment for that purpose, but I have some improv sketch ideas all scribbled down that need to be elaborated on first.  Since you said the thread needs some humor (not lulz, there's no way mine'll be that good), I thought it would make for a good opportunity for me to present some sketches.

NejinOniwa

Fo sho! Go ahead, brother.

As a stageman I'll just analyze them and see how well they'd fare -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

isnt mirrors edge a game based on free running?  1st person even.. damn if its not confusing =_=

thankfully my ninja cat has a not so ninja cat friend.. the barf never touches the floor >_<  and I throw my socks out when they get holes in them <_<

also, watch out cockle... youve taken to Nejins fancy. YOUR GONNA GET RAEPED
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

I don't need to throw out my socks, they dissapear before they wear out... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quoteisnt mirrors edge a game based on free running? 1st person even.. damn if its not confusing =_=

Yeah, indeed it is.  I refrained from mentioning it due to that tenuous line between Parkour and free-running, but since we pretty much established no one here really minds either way, it most definitely counts.  I tried the demo, which was fun, but I have to agree it's pretty confusing.  Generally that comes with the territory of "open" games.

CaptBrenden

I just played the demo, DO WANT. Very much so. Its one of those games that can be fustrating, trying to figure out where to go and such, but once you get the hang of the controls it feels AWESOME pulling of some of that crazy stuff.

Also, speaking of free running and stuff, that guy in live free or die hard, is he a professional free runner?  Does anyone know?  Freaking bad ass either way.

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteI just played the demo, DO WANT. Very much so. Its one of those games that can be fustrating, trying to figure out where to go and such, but once you get the hang of the controls it feels AWESOME pulling of some of that crazy stuff.

Indeed, and the game has an awesome aesthetic - both in the FMVs and in-game.

QuoteAlso, speaking of free running and stuff, that guy in live free or die hard, is he a professional free runner? Does anyone know? Freaking bad ass either way.

Oh according to Wikipedia (because I haven't seen the movie myself), that's Cyril Raffaelli, and yes he's a professional.  I saw him in the movie District 13, which has to be one of the most badass action movies I've ever seen.  The movie is pretty much all parkouring all the time, the plot is paper thin, but the action scenes more than make up for it.  The coolest thing is that Cyril co-stars the movie with the founder of Parkour, David Belle.

CaptBrenden

You havent seen the latest die hard?  GO SEE IT RIGHT NAO. Ill wait.

Added after 4 minutes:

...i just figured out why I cant get anything done...

Cats

Every time I sit down to draw, i start workign and then some fuzzy little one starts brushing up against my legs mewing, and I CANT NOT PET THEM >_<

I need an office if Im ever gonna get some serious work done :p

IanDanKilmaster

I don't know, I liked Die Hard, but not so much the sequels.  There's also older Bruce, which also makes me not so sure I'd like to see it.

CaptBrenden

Trust me, its awesome.  Srsly.  I adore bruce, and getting old has only made him look more hardcore and grizzled. Like Sean Connery, he is getting better with age, unlike say.. Arnie

http://www.popular-pics.com/ppimages/arnold-Schwarzenegger-before-after.jpg

I always liked the original best before, but I dunno, I think I like the newest one best :3  Besides, the free runner fights in the movie are awesome! and he kills a chopper with a car!

IanDanKilmaster

I'm not a big Bruce Willis fan, but I really dig Sean Connery.  Speaking of aging action stars, a favorite of mine is Kurt Russell - he'll always be badass.  Oh Arnold, he was incredibly lucky someone decided to make a movie with a killer robot when they did...

CaptBrenden

Im a huge bruce willis fan, especialy since he isnt a dick like most movie actors :p  He actually supports the military unlike most actors, heck i heard the planet hollywood military discount comes from him.  On my first deployment we got a metric F*** ton of girlscout cookies from him. Apperently while he was sitting around trying to figure out something to do for the troops when he thought of a twofer. He donated a ton of money to the girlscouts of america to send us cookies, cus everyone loves girlscout cookies.

That and I like his movies

I thought kurt russell stopped making movies ? <_< I havent seen him in anything in a loooong time. Last I heard, I thought he was having drug problems...

Oh and factoid about Terminator.. they originaly cast arnold as the hero, not the machine. He read the script and liked the terminator more, and asked to be recast.  Originaly they had intended the terminator to be someone that stood out less, someone that would blend into crowds.. something arnie doesnt do. They went back to that with T2, where they cast that guy.. love his roles but I never can remember his name, I just say "hey look, this movie has the T1000 in it!"  Now that guy fit the role of being able to blend into the crowd and look normal.  

While Im thinking about it, on the subject of the terminator.. in the third, which id rather like to denounce, why the hell did they send a inferior unit back? Srsly, T1000... AWESOME. It took a vat of molten steel to destroy it. It was sheer luck on the good guys side that they stumbled into that situation, otherwise they would have been foxxored.  Why send something else back?  there is no way a normal cyborg like that chick in 3 could be superior. no way no how.  Doesnt make a lick of sence.  Speaking of that, why the heck would a cyborg killer from the future be programed to seductivly suck on her finger when sampling blood for DNA.  Its just stupid.

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, I try my best to separate what I think of an actor's political views from what I think of his acting.  There are guys (that I'll avoid mentioning for sake of avoiding a political discussion) whose views on politics I find complete fault with, but at the same time, I enjoy their movies because they are really talented.  It also helps that they try to avoid inserting their political views into the movies they play in.  Still, I think it's good you've got an actor you enjoy watching that supports you as well.

Kurt Russell is still acting, but I think the last action movie he did was Death Proof (as a part of Grindhouse in 2007).  I don't know anything about a drug habit, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if he had at one point (that is, he appears as if he had).

That is interesting, and it's definitely good that he was recast.  I mean, he can't blend in, but he also can't act human.  The actor from T2 is Robert Patrick, and I have trouble remembering his name too (it's just so generic, isn't it?).  I also have to agree he's a good actor, but I didn't like him so much as the replacement for Agent Mulder in the X-Files.  It just wasn't the same -__-;.

After reading that, I am soooo glad I didn't see T3.