Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Well, it does seem like we have to widen our audience a bit, and while we may be the second (after wikipedia) google result for OS-Tan, we need something to act as a magnet...to make sure they stay.

I agree. Something we have to realize and admit is that the idea of OS-tan WAS popular, yes, but not anymore... at least, not just in the form of still pictures and drawings. What we need is something different, something that actually gives OS-tans a "purpose". Something that is actually easy and simple enough to be achieved and contributed by the community, but not some over-ambitious projects (complicated games, RPGs, for example) with a 99% possibility to end in vain.

Although I am new to this forum, I would really like to contribute in this regard. I am inviting everyone to check out my "System Animator" project (this thread). It is a simple but interesting gadget to allow you to ANIMATE your favorite OS-tans corresponding to any Windows activities. Keep your XP-tan busy on your desktop according to CPU usage? It's up to your imagination!
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Bella

QuoteI agree. Something we have to realize and admit is that the idea of OS-tan WAS popular, yes, but not anymore... at least, not just in the form of still pictures and drawings. What we need is something different, something that actually gives OS-tans a "purpose"

Just because the original "canon" OS-tans may not be a fad anymore doesn't mean there still aren't artists who draw OS-tans anymore-- if you go to DA, you can dig up a ton of Linux-tans and Mac-tans, for example. I've never been huge on the "canon" OS-tans-- I've always cared more about original designs.

That being said, I applaud you for being willing to contribute to our community with these widgets...not that I could ever use this sort of sidebar widget, cause I use XP and will never touch a Vista machine as long as I live. ^///^

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Bella"Just because the original "canon" OS-tans may not be a fad anymore doesn't mean there still aren't artists who draw OS-tans anymore-- if you go to DA, you can dig up a ton of Linux-tans and Mac-tans, for example. I've never been huge on the "canon" OS-tans-- I've always cared more about original designs.

That being said, I applaud you for being willing to contribute to our community with these widgets...not that I could ever use this sort of sidebar widget, cause I use XP and will never touch a Vista machine as long as I live. ^///^

First of all, you CAN use gadgets on XP. You just have to install a 3rd party sidebar.

I know there are still artists out there who draw OS-tan stuff, and I do personally appreciate their continuous efforts and enjoy seeing some of their works, but let's face it... in general it's really far from the level of activity we saw when OS-tan was still hot. Just take a look at Vistan. It has been 2 years (I am not even counting Longhorn) but there isn't even a final design for her (don't tell me it's because Vista is not popular... we all know the "popularity" of an OS has NOTHING to do with the popularity of an OS-tan. Just take a look at ME-tan LOL).

I can see that some members are worrying about the dropping of activity in the forums. The cold fact is, keeping things and activities the way it was (eg. just posting pics), even if you try to boost the intensity, won't help anything. CHANGE is necessary if we really want to reverse the trend.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Aurora Borealis

Even though I don't even use Windows at all, I still greatly admire your efforts of making OS-tan gadgets!

Long live the OS-tans!

NejinOniwa

Best song ever...not, but still a very catchy tune.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yexeBCx7oow
ALLA SOM INTE DANSAR E VÃ...LDTÃ,,KTSMÃ,,N!

Which translates to, basically, all the people who aren't dancing are rapists.

Cheery, isn't it. That's Swedish for you. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Silentbob

Quite an... intriguing video.   @.@

Best jeg danser, ellers blir jeg arrestert.  (I'd better dance, or I'll be arrested).

* Jumps up and down while flailing arms and legs violently *

NejinOniwa

HAHAHAHAHA! DANSA FÖR MIG NORRMAN,  DANSA!!!

*spasms violently*

Tsubashi

I do believe I fixed the disappearing wiki link on the forum index, please let me know if I am just being delusional, though ^-^;
Arigatou Gozaimasu!
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

That is correct, Tsucchan. -w-

HAR HAR HAR >:3

Tsubashi

-Tsu

NejinOniwa

.-.

Upside down, you've got it, Tsucchan. I meant to say the wiki view is fix'd now. No worries there.

'-'
There you go.

NejinOniwa

I have to say one thing, and that is this:

I HATE CHRISTMAS.
Because of all that damn sucky music.
THAT I HAVE TO SING.
Stuck in my throat, bleh.
So with that said, I won't be seen for the rest of the day, since it's concert day, yan.~

Silentbob

IanDanKilmaster

Hey, it may be the commercialized bastard child of two very different religions, but I happen to think Christmas is pretty great.

Yet having spent nigh the entirety of my time in high school in chorus, I feel your pain Nejin-san.  I can only imagine what it would be like for me now as compared to then.

The Choice of a New Generation.

VonDaab

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"Hey, it may be the commercialized bastard child of two very different religions
Only two?
Christmas is a lot bigger mix of different mid-winter festives, ranging from old roman, turkish/greek and some other I cant remember.

Nowadays it's just mostly known for its cocacola santa and "must buy presents" capitalism propaganda.