Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icelilly

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"stupid counsuler, apperently they didnt have your best interests in mind like they are suppose to.

Then again Im a little jaded.  Every counsuler Ive run into from my school guidence counsuler to my marine career counsler have never seemed to have my interests in mind when they start talking.. usually it was whatever was most convenient for them so they didnt have to do any extra work to get what I wanted.  Concidering their job it to try to get people where they want to go, I feel they are wasting air.
He usually doesn't. Actually, he usually calls me out of class like 2 minutes before school is over. Because he has every single desire to help me with my problems. [/sarcasm]

But it's nice to know that it's not just me who goes through this.

In other news, Saturday was my 17th birthday. It was an okay day but the majority of people who i know probably forgot about it. As usual. ;__; I didn't do much since it was raining with thunderstorms. Fun.

Also, I still can't figure out why Moseko-sama has stopped working all of a sudden. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MAKE YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!?!?! ;___;

NejinOniwa

So.
This morning, I found my sandals. I guess they must've been shoveled off in one of the "puppy-safe" operations.
However, I did have other things than the absence of the usual foot sores while biking home from work tonight.

Most specifically, the thought that went through my head was:
FUC­K. YES. YOU ARE THE BEST COMPUTER EVER.

So DELTA is up and running, and I'm posting this first little message right off her built-in WiFi connection.
That's probably one of the more fabulous features, actually. With a few exceptions caused by ALPHA making trouble until the very end, some 100 GB of data was transferred over to DELTA while I was at work (All that's left now is to install games, codecs and programs that are easily available online), and the synchronization was made possible by DELTA's ability to act as an access point for wireless. So I set up DELTA in AP mode, and connected ALPHA directly. No wire hassle at all, and good speed (although if ALPHA had had 502.11n it'd been over 5 times as fast ^^).

The only thing that's left to see is how much trouble x64 XP will cause. Then again, it's not like changing that is very much hassle.
Although I do miss my transparency effects on native windows...

Anyway. I'm a bit ashamed of myself now that I've got a computer more powerful than all machines in the entire house together, so I'll be going now.

^^
//N
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

icerain

Sorry for being gone!

I have 12 bites on my right leg so they had to change the computer area because there were a lot of ants there. Oh and 19 in all.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Bella

Wow, Nejin, that sounds like an incredible computer @___@

And Icerain, I always hated biting ants. Were they fire ants, or what?

icerain

Nice avatar. Erm, I don't know.

Icelilly

I got my marks in the mail yesterday for my second semester. And I managed to pass all my classes!! ^_^ *dances* And I did all that worrying for nothing... XD

Justin

Where did you get the OS-tan stamps?

Icelilly

Quote from: "Justin"Where did you get the OS-tan stamps?
*giggles* I made them! ^v^

http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?t=610&sid=c260fc0c62b154cc61aed51efe9276f5

Which reminds me, since I'm on summer break... I should get back to all those requests that have been rising! ^^; *runs off*

NejinOniwa

I request you to make me a sandwich! And fix the bike you broke, too!

Damnit, that's why I can't stand pokemon trainers.

....err....

In other news, I'm just stopping by home to repack from wandering around on mountains and in Norway, to go away to the West Coast and Norway again on Monday. And I've barely got to use my computer. Sad, ain't it, mates.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

icerain

I just came back from LA(driving). I can't even stand w/out feeling dizzy.

Gummster

Quote4 hours of uninterrupted martial arts training.
That's warm up... seriously.

Also I am back for now, until the 24th at least. I have been crazy busy the last months. Having a hell of a lot jobs to fight the sickness I call boredom. But in the end It will always be useless. I've quit (or fired) most of them only to return to my lazy bore-ish bachelor life. Well at least I'm back, thought you'd be interested in that much.

icerain

What jobs do you have?

Gummster

Now I am only a violin soloist.
But I used to teach violin and martial arts, aikido to be precise, selling trees and flowers and then taking care of the church youth group.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Gummster"Now I am only a violin soloist.
But I used to teach violin and martial arts, aikido to be precise, selling trees and flowers and then taking care of the church youth group.
wow, that's pretty awesome!  

I love the sound of a violin. My sister is going to start lessons pretty soon...

in other news, i just sat through a decent shaking here in northridge, california.   Wasn't too bad, but a few things did fall off of shelves.

Gummster

Is it just me or is this board a whole lot slower than it was a few months ago?
or is everyone just away on vacation?