Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

You HAD to dance?
Heh, i usually evade dancing with the argument that i suck at it... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Bella

QuoteThe day before yesterday I finished all seven books in Harry Potter.

Wow, you are a fast reader! @__@

It took me a good couple of weeks to finish The Deathly Hollows (granted, I was working at the time and was quite busy), a friend read it with a day or two, and I thought she was really fast, hehe...

Tell me, what did you think of it? I really love the Harry Potter books...for sure, it's my favorite fantasy book series :D

In hindsight, I do think the story got better as it progressed...not like the first and second weren't great, though. And the movies really don't do any of them justice (I've been telling my friends they should read the books and compare it to the movies...)

I should really give more time to the Lord of the Rings, though...I have yet to read the books...

QuoteYeah, i know...
The thing that really ticks me off is that they even translated all of the names!!!
I mean, YOU DON'T TRANSLATE FRIGGIN' NAMES!!!

I've always wondered how the translations of books were...what gets renamed, or lost, or whatever...

Smokey

Believe, me. You'd want to read the english versions of the LOTR books...
And Tolkien wasn't even satisfied with those (english versions of the books) either since they had lost so much in the process of translating his manuscripts into books. It was a process wich lasted for decades and involved many reprints with many publishers...
If i'm not mistaken he would still not be satisfied with the current english versions and would be insulted by the translations...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

I hate dancing too. The only dances I know are the Chicken Dance, the Macarena and the Numa Numa (three of the uncoolest dances)  ;014

Something scary happened today: I found out today that someone I knew closely got arrested about 2 days ago  ;015

Smokey

well, just hope that he was arrested on minor charges, and that he'll be out soon...
Something similar happened to someone i know, she was being screwed over by a "friend"...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

Well... It wasn't a felony but still very serious

icerain

Quote from: "Bella"

Tell me, what did you think of it?

Think of Deathly Hallows or all seven?

Deathly Hallows: I really liked it... it was the best.

All: All of them were pretty good, but not really really good.

QuoteYou HAD to dance?

Pretty much. Every year our school gives a dance performance that is
voluntary.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Smokey

Oh, right...
Well i guess then that i was lucky in my schoolyears... We performed a play every year... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

Now I just realized it was the first day of June. It really doesn't look like it because I'm shivering.
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Aurora Borealis

What makes me sad is that May 30th was SUPPOSED to be my last day of school. But I have to make up for four snowdays so school doesn't end for me until the 5th :(

Snowdays seem great at first to me, because it is just so dreadful to get up and ready for school in the winter because it is so cold and gloomy. But when the end of the year approaches, I suddenly regret it all.

Smokey

Well, when you're celebrating that school has ended, I get to "celebrate"the fact that i've become yet ANOTHER YEAR older... :(
Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Congratz on levelup.

Bella

Ack, my school year goes on a bit longer...but I don't really care...I'm one of those dorks who likes school XD

As for dancing, I actually like it. And singing. I'm not sure I'm so good at either, though ^////^

And about your friend or whoever getting arrested...wow, I'm sorry to hear. I hope it wasn't too serious a charge O__O

CaptBrenden

Im back... maybe. we will see.

anyhow, my doll arived. I still need to get to sew her a 3.1 dress and get her propper eyes and hair, but for now this is her:

shes so cute ;A;  so moe im gonna die!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Good to see you back...
It was quiet here untill a couple of days ago... :D

And i can't wait to see the results ^...
Thanks Fedora-sama