Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

*tries to understand FateSpeak*

*realizes it's a lost cause*

However, it looks like the people on Wakachan hate us:
-- url removed by Fedora-Tan, offending content

SleepyD

well, that entire thread did seem rather confrontational. <_< And good things rarely come out of something like that. I'd personally try to avoid even using exclamation marks.

And while we do make our own in-house OS-tans, we do not in any way say that they should be generally accepted.  We welcome other designs.

And like Anonymous said, "OS-tans are not your property or the property of this board. The idea to represent computer related things (OSes, but also applications) spread and was generalized." We try to promote them. Right? >_>

And, due to the lack of people here fluent in Japanese, I can see why a bunch of info seems off and based on second-hand info.  While I do plan on learning Japanese in the coming years, I'm a long way off from being able to understand it.

I feel like I'm missing something else I wanted to say, but... welp, I'll get to that when I remember.

Kami-Tux

Ignore wakachan, lost cause.

BTW: Does someone have an idea to went off anger without getting arrested?  ;025  ;036  ;263

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

SleepyD

heh, well I wouldn't write them off entirely. They do represent a portion of the population that disagrees, and may help us view our site from a different perspective.

I don't care what they think about what we do in the forums, but I'm more concerned about the wiki, personally. It is supposed to disseminate valid information, but a lot of that is unverified. We don't have a "No original research" rule, so I think we should exploit that.

Nidas

Quote from: "NewYinzer"it looks like the people on Wakachan hate us:
-- url removed by Fedora-Tan, offending content.

o LAWD is dat sum *chan elitism?

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"Ignore wakachan, lost cause.

meh Wakachan has been fail ever since they separated the gothic/maids board imo, now gothic is just emos mostly. Sagubooru > most *chans these days anyway. Fatechan is nice though, I think thats part of Wakachan technically.

NejinOniwa

Lost cause? Not really...either that or i've lost all my empathic capability.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

really though, looking through the thread now, I'd advise not feeding the flames.

Getting all worked up about it is a bad thing.  Not just for the people involved in the argument, but OS-C as well.

The wiki is still a work in progress. If anything, I'd like to think that what will go on there will satisfy what some of the Anonymous guys are talking about.  If there is such an opposition to in-house created characters, perhaps we should make it obvious in the infobox.  I think that is the point of the "First Appearance" section.  (which seems to have unknown typed in there pretty often.... Sorry, I haven't been on the wiki lately)  Alternatively we could place them in a category...

NewYinzer

Just so yinz know, I've been posting pictures there to cover up the flame war...

SleepyD

haha, much appreciated.

Now, I think it's best to just let it slide down into the depths.  Wait for other threads to be bumped.

Some people clearly have some issues with us, some of which is understandable and solvable.

Note "understandable."  I understand why people are against "pass[ing] them off as equivalent to the other OS-tans."  I have no qualms in differentiating ours and the "originals" (namely, the popular ones)

I don't care much for the tone it's presented in, but it is an valid issue that needs addressing.

NewYinzer

Let's move this discussion to the "Project Wiki" thread!

NejinOniwa

Ara, so that was you, yinz? As i said, i DO get the impression of an impending brainwash from all that...

Anyways, I'll have to agree with SleepyD; The guys we're dealing with are worse than a bunch of rabid, reality-blind fanboys.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NewYinzer

Hehe...so I've been found out! I think Waha6x36 finally got what was coming to him! Let's just hope we haven't been ired in the minds of Wakachan!

CaptBrenden

-_- *deep breath* calm... relaxed...

now that Im calm... can I knidly ask what people who participated in that felt they were acomplishing?  ESPECIALY the bit about take the argument here?  

I for one, do not want them here if they have the hate flame mentality.  Reson does not work on people like that so do not invite them here to do it, and do not engage in it there.  Last thing we need is BAD plublicity from flame wars.   Learn from that one, take heed of what was said (some arguments they made are in line with what ive said before, with us stamping a logo on things a bit too much...)  but dont do it again.  PLEASE dont do it again.  

If such a thread pops up here, say someone from waka wants to start some stuff here.. DO NOT POST in that thread.  Period.  Any hateful malicious flamewar thread created or posted on os-tan collections will be deleated.  I need not mention what may happen to anyone that participates in any such flame warring on here.

There are people out there that will not agree with our opinons, that is a fact of the internet.  We need to have thick skins and ignore them.  No good will come of flame wars.  Keep this in mind for those of you that post on Waka as well.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN DOING OVER THERE?!!!!!!!!!  >__<

*breathes in*

Okay,... this was really one helluva day to pick for such gawd-awful weather....  Ã,¬___Ã,¬

Thanks Captain for speaking my mind,... I just have a couple of things to say myself.  -___-

Listen, I'm not up to date with all the stuff that's been posted over there, and I'm not gonna ask who posted my stuff there since you're free to do whatever the heck you want with it.  However, there's a perfectly valid reason why I don't, and I guess you had to find that out the hard way.  `__'

Wish that were the end of the story, but seems you've let yourselves be influenced by a bunch of unproductive........ people...... in a NET CHARACTERS imageboard (hardly even about OS-tans anymore), where most of them won't even make the effort to find even a single creative bone in their body.  If left up to them, they'd rather leave the burden of creative content to our Japanese friends, and conform every forum, imageboard, and website to whatever warped ideal they have about OS-tan appreciation -- and even THEN they would still find ways to whine and bitch about it later.

THAT isn't a fun internet meme anymore,... THAT is just some funktified religion.  Sorry, but this pig is secular.  -.-

But I still don't mind that....

What I do mind is how quick some of you have been to slap around the culture we've helped build here.  Was I deluded to think that we were actually COHESIVE, and willing to CREATE new things?  From the hollow shell I joined in not but a year ago, to the bustling metroplis of activity I can barely keep up with now,... are you so willing to suggest that it can come toppling down just because chronic whiners and bitchers whined and bitched about it a little?

You want to open this forum to anonymous users to promote more original art?  SURE, go right ahead....
Just D-A-Z-Z-L-E me with the amount of original drawings posted on Wakachan (and yeah, include Frida in it, why dontcha?).  -v-
As far as I can tell, 98% of the material posted in Net Characters are just reposts -- if I want reposts, I might as well just keep visitng them!

Will that attract Japanese artists?  Doesn't seem to be working in their case, so how could that change here?  We barely got ONE in the whole year, and he was looking for an OS-tan not available in Japan.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

You don't want this forum to be a disgrace?  Then simply don't ACT like it's a disgrace.  Feel free to change and evolve as much as you feel it's necessary, but do so respecting what makes us strong and unique.  

We target a completely different demographic with a completely different vision of what we want to be.  You want an English-speaking OS-tan imageboard?  Waka always be around to satisfy your needs -- no need to create two such environments.  

Combine the yin and the yang together, and there's balance.

Now then, time to do a little damage assessment.... -__-

*trots off thread*

CaptBrenden

C-Chan, if you have the time, go to IRC, we are discussing it right now with most of the senior or most active members.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.