Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

No, I didn't shrink my kids. I just created a paradox that almost ruined my future. Ah well. You were close. You get 5 potatoes! The reference we were looking for was "Back To The Future: Part II".

Note: The potato is accepted by several major banks, including the Bank of Krakowzhia. Knowing C-Chan, I think he'll be fine with exchanging potatoes for points. Anyway, seeing as the CPS is not backed up by a gold reserve, I think he'd be much happier with some collateral. Now we have 979,995 potatoes up for grabs - who wants them?

Laevatein

Quote from: "Darknight_88"

My imagination or this suddenly turned into a Starcraft thread instead of a Topicless Thread?

...Instead, I can detect all of Laevatain ghosts :D

Because Starcraft isn't a game, it's a SPECTATOR SPORT!!!!!!  ;010

I just saw this documentary on National Geographic Channel covering the 5th World Cyber Games, and the game they decided to focus on: Starcraft! The documentary really gave an indepth look into the Korean mindset on PC and Internet games, and also showed how scary Koreans can be in Starcraft (the show makes a point that your average casual player barely reaches 100 actions per minutes, while Pro gamers can reach an astounding 300!  ;015 )

*watches Darknight_88's base go sky high with multiple nukes, Arcturus Mengsk style*  ;025

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Tsubashi

QuoteNo, I didn't shrink my kids

Umm... I deleted that (before you posted) because I read it wrong, and was actually typing the real reference when you posted, just FYI.

QuoteKnowing C-Chan, I think he'll be fine with exchanging potatoes for points.

More than likely, but maybe not at that rate. Supposing all your potatoes are actually claimed, a possible influx of 1 quadrillon C-points could occur, which would drastically destabilize his economy.

Added after 8 minutes:

a Towel and a Pan Dimensional Gargle Blaster - Umm, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
British Comedy Team - Monty Python?
-Tsu

NewYinzer

Umm... I deleted that (before you posted) because I read it wrong, and was actually typing the real reference when you posted, just FYI.

Oops! Here's 10,000 potatoes.

QuoteMore than likely, but maybe not at that rate. Supposing all your potatoes are actually claimed, a possible influx of 1 quadrillon C-points could occur, which would drastically destabilize his economy.

Not quite. It will make his consumer products cheaper to buy in countries who use the potato as currency. With C-Chan's pool of cheap labor and vast natural resources, he could turn his country into a new industrial power a matter of months! As long as he keeps his domestic market closed to foreign competition, his country can grow. If so, it will allow the companies in his country to thrive and gain a large supply of CPS, which can be used to finance the study of high technology. Or he could allow for egregious foreign investment and peg his currency to the falling potato, allowing for a trade gap between countries using CPS and those using potatoes. Even though the countries in his country will be foreign, his government will gain trillions of CPS from the tax revenues, allowing him to expand his military and attack nearby nations or go to the moon. This can be exploited to make C-Chan's nation quite rich, while raising the standard of living for those in potato countries (like Krakowzhia). However, if banks in his country cannot pay off the loans they took from banks in Krakowzhia to finance more companies, we might have to default on the loans, stabilizing the market. Or consumers might choose to boycott products made in his country, fearing a loss of their own industrial power. Even though his country could never surpass their own country, the proliferation of "Made in CPS" labels make them nervous. This sort of nationalism...

*falls asleep*

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Laevatein"

My imagination or this suddenly turned into a Starcraft thread instead of a Topicless Thread?

...Instead, I can detect all of Laevatain ghosts :D

Because Starcraft isn't a game, it's a SPECTATOR SPORT!!!!!!  ;010

I just saw this documentary on National Geographic Channel covering the 5th World Cyber Games, and the game they decided to focus on: Starcraft! The documentary really gave an indepth look into the Korean mindset on PC and Internet games, and also showed how scary Koreans can be in Starcraft (the show makes a point that your average casual player barely reaches 100 actions per minutes, while Pro gamers can reach an astounding 300!  ;015 )

*watches Darknight_88's base go sky high with multiple nukes, Arcturus Mengsk style*  ;025

-_-'
Forgot to add:
Instead, I can detect AND kill all of Laevatain ghosts. And then, while he's weakened and with a lack of units due to the nukes taking a good chunk of his pop cap, I can strike his base in its weakest spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE.  ;010

I'm in your base, killing your d00ds :D

*Watches Laevatein base reduced to ashes due to massive battlecruiser attack, UED style. *  ;025

Ultimaninja

Hello

update 2.07 of ??

'sup everyone

How are all of you?

I can't wait to get a laptop of my own to get back in touch with you guys

I feel so bad about drifting away from so many good friends...

C-Chan

Holy crap!!  See, this is why I don't want to be knee-deep in projects left and write...  -v-'

[Tsubashi's fiscal report]

Yay, he finally posted that for public consumption.  ^__^

Quote[All game talk after that]

Like, Starcraft and Finances don't mix....  >v<

QuoteOh, I sent virus-tans after an ME-tan, which claimed to be a pig. This was why I was deducted 5k points. And the OS/2 quote is a reference to Captain Riker from Star Trek TNG.

Oh right, now I remember that....  -v-
Yessssss,... I remember the abuse I experienced as a Windows-tan as vividly as if it were yesterday.... -v-

Yesssssssss.... -.-

And yes, that was right, although by now I forgot where the heck I posted that. -v-'

QuoteI used to play Starcraft. First played it when I was 10 and I actually did pretty well in "3v3 nr 20" games then but eventually forgot about it. Tried again 2 years ago but I was terrible at it and gave up.

However my brother and dad are extremely good at it! My dad has an account with more than 2000 wins, nearly all won from the "3v3 nr 20" games

You too Aurora....  ;__:

But at least in that topic, I was always a big Zerg fan.... -v-

Quotelol
Pitkin studies at work

Now ppl, you have a lot of free time >_>...searching all the C-chan posts to quantify the total amount of wealth in points he has distributed...

.........................................No comment-o.... Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

QuoteOS-TAN COLLECTIONS:
Quote:
Our users have posted a total of 15746 articles
We have 1144 registered users :: The newest registered user is Genjirou
Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:14 pm

QuoteBLACKDIAM:
Quote:
Our users have posted a total of 24571 articles
We have 269 registered users :: The newest registered user is digbar
Most users ever online was 38 on Yesterday, at 1:52 pm

Wow, that's a very sweet before and after.  ^___^
Granted, the article count is far less now than it was before, but methinks that has something to do with the server switch...  -v-

Oh wait, Aurora and the Darknight already handled that little factoid... -v-

QuoteLet's see - I have about 89,000 C-Chan Points. If my calculations are correct, if I get 88,000,000 C-Chan Points, I could get some serious shit. Like a moped. Let's see what the exchange rates are:

Potato (NewYinzer's Currency) - 1,000,000 CPS
Platoon of riflemen to deal with wolf problem - 80,000,000 CPS
Submarine for bullying Russians - 82,000,000 CPS
Hot spring outside of Tokyo - 84,000,000 CPS
Theme park that is really a magical bathhouse - 1,037,230,000 CPS
A towel and a Pan Dimensional Gargle Blaster - 1,420,000 CPS
Time machine to do something about kids - 88,000,000 CPS
British Comedy Team - 1,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
All-girls school in Japan - 690,000,000,000,000 CPS
Army of combat androids - 7,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
Tokyo University - 88,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
On heck of a plot for a light novel - Priceless

For everything else, there's C-Card. Sign up now and get 20,000 air miles on US Airways. If you can guess all the references made in my list, you get 1,000,000 potatoes. Hint: One's a repeat.

Ah hell, I'll give you 44,000,000 points for that cool presentation.  That should put you on your way.  ^__^
If inflationary trend continue, though, the moped is gonna be astronomical.... -v-

Quoteand the moped is currently 47 000 000 000 000 C-points

Ah hell, throw in the other 44,000,000 for you for pointing that out and the fact that you came up with the fiscal report.  ^^

Problem though is that now I'm too afraid to even check on the current moped price.... -v-
Never realized a used Vespa could be worth so much under hyperinflationary conditions.  ^__^;

QuoteNote: The potato is accepted by several major banks, including the Bank of Krakowzhia. Knowing C-Chan, I think he'll be fine with exchanging potatoes for points. Anyway, seeing as the CPS is not backed up by a gold reserve, I think he'd be much happier with some collateral. Now we have 979,995 potatoes up for grabs - who wants them?

WOW!!!  You use collateral!!!  ^___^
B-b-b-but every country in the world just magically prints up money, so I was just following the herd so to speak....  ;___;

BTW, who has sour cream and butter around here?  -v-

QuoteMore than likely, but maybe not at that rate. Supposing all your potatoes are actually claimed, a possible influx of 1 quadrillon C-points could occur, which would drastically destabilize his economy.

Not to worry!  ^__^
I hired a private cartel to regulate the centralized distribution system of C-chan points.  Through manipulation of interest rates and report fudging, they'll discover some way to solve ALL my problems.  ^__^

Maybe I can even have them remove a couple of zeroes, and issue the "New C-chan Point"! ^.^

Hey, if it worked here.... ^__^

*poof!*

QuoteNot quite. It will make his consumer products cheaper to buy in countries who use the potato as currency. With C-Chan's pool of cheap labor and vast natural resources, he could turn his country into a new industrial power a matter of months! As long as he keeps his domestic market closed to foreign competition, his country can grow. If so, it will allow the companies in his country to thrive and gain a large supply of CPS, which can be used to finance the study of high technology. Or he could allow for egregious foreign investment and peg his currency to the falling potato, allowing for a trade gap between countries using CPS and those using potatoes. Even though the countries in his country will be foreign, his government will gain trillions of CPS from the tax revenues, allowing him to expand his military and attack nearby nations or go to the moon. This can be exploited to make C-Chan's nation quite rich, while raising the standard of living for those in potato countries (like Krakowzhia). However, if banks in his country cannot pay off the loans they took from banks in Krakowzhia to finance more companies, we might have to default on the loans, stabilizing the market. Or consumers might choose to boycott products made in his country, fearing a loss of their own industrial power. Even though his country could never surpass their own country, the proliferation of "Made in CPS" labels make them nervous. This sort of nationalism...

*nervous laugh*  Hehehe,....  ^^;
Well, in the midst of all my wishful thinking and visions of grandeur,... I kinda already sold off all my industry and converted all CPS countries into parasitic service economies.  So even with a cheaper currency I won't have any products to sell,... aside from that, my latest music and movie products suck, and I'm running out of money to arm-twist people into buying my overpriced and overhyped military hardware.  -v-;

Oh and the foreign investors not only own my clients, but also regulate how the money is spent, so unless it's suits them they're gonna peg against themselves.  ^^;
Probably won't invade themselves either, unless it's to loot other nations that are not in their buddy list.  -v-'

Either way, this is a pickle,... so the best option is to simply destroy the internet, distract the now isolated consumers more, take whatever I can get my grubby little hands on, get the hell out to somewhere far and safe, and simply wait out the economic devastation that'll ensue and bring the system back into equilibrium very very painfully.  Then I'll simply change my name and language, and start business as usual from scratch with new gullible client nations.  I'll begin offering the Vespa prize at 70,000 "W-Chan points".  ^^;

Added after 1 minutes:

QuoteHello

update 2.07 of ??

'sup everyone

How are all of you?

I can't wait to get a laptop of my own to get back in touch with you guys

I feel so bad about drifting away from so many good friends...

HOLY CRAP!!!  You're laptop's still out of commission?!!  @__@
No wonder people prefer to buy new computers after they've died....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

CaptBrenden

hummm with all these potatos around.. we are gonna need more pigs for the stew. we only got one...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Tsubashi

Quote from: "C-Chan"And yes, that was right, although by now I forgot where the heck I posted that. -v-'

You posted it in the "OS/2 Warp-tan & RISC OS-tan" Thread. ^.^
http://ostan-collections.net/post-4668.html#4668

Quote from: "C-Chan"throw in the other 44,000,000 for you for pointing that out

That's a lot of points for such a simple action, and to quote Microsoft's UAC, are you sure?

Quote from: "C-Chan"BTW, who has sour cream and butter around here? -v-

Here you go!

Added after 9 minutes:

Oh, and
Army of combat androids - Mahoromatic?
Submarine for bullying Russians - Hunt for the Red October?
On heck of a plot for a light novel - reference to this, perhaps?
http://ostan-collections.net/post-10225.html#10225
-Tsu

C-Chan

Wow!!  That thing was literally buried in the OS/2-tan thread.  ^^'
Thanks, cause if not for you, I would never have even tried to look for it amidst all that....  ^v^'

QuoteThat's a lot of points for such a simple action, and to quote Microsoft's UAC, are you sure?

Well, I sorta WAS considering downgrading my gift to just 22 million C-chan points.  

But you sorta dug your own grave with that bit of assistance, as well as the sour cream and butter.  So sorry, those CPs are as good as yours.  Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.  -v-'

*trots off*

Tsubashi

You are about to make this action final, Cancel or Allow? (see here)

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"And the OS/2 quote is a reference to Captain Riker from Star Trek TNG.

Well you'd probably better award Kami-Tux the points, senpai. If you authorize both the aforementioned transactions, the total C-Points in circulation jumps to C$ 99 398 030. ^-^
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

Oh noes! the stock market just crashed and C-points and potatos arnt worth the interwebs they are printed on!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Tsubashi"
Well you'd probably better award Kami-Tux the points, senpai. If you authorize both the aforementioned transactions, the total C-Points in circulation jumps to C$ 99 398 030. ^-^

Oh god...talk about inflation on C-chan's country...

Exa

-_-'
Forgot to add:
Instead, I can detect AND kill all of Laevatain ghosts. And then, while he's weakened and with a lack of units due to the nukes taking a good chunk of his pop cap, I can strike his base in its weakest spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE.  ;010

*Watches Laevatein base reduced to ashes due to massive battlecruiser attack, UED style. *  ;025

Darknight_88's army's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDD!

Laevatein

Quote from: "Exa"

-_-'
Forgot to add:

Darknight_88's army's power is OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDD!

I never really got that over 9000 joke ^^;;;;

FOR THE DOMINION!!!!

*Wages guerilla warfare with cloaked Wraiths, Mobile Command Centers and Ghosts*  ;011

Dunno why, but my fighting style in RTS always tend towards maximum effect for minimum personel and stealth ops, which is why I love Ghosts and Chronolegionnaires  ;025

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman