Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nidas

Quote from: "Exa"By the way, marines+medics can quite good, too, with some ghosts for lockdown...

Thats my fav SC combo actually and usually forms a pretty large amount of my army in Broodwar. In regular SC I usually still go with a lot of marines though, love em for some reason XD They usually screen siege tanks with some wraiths for air support. I'm one of the few SC Terran players I know who don't really rate Goliaths though =/ Dunno why, I would just rather have more marines I guess.

Sometimes I wish I was better with Protoss. CARRIER HAS ARRIVED :D They have all the best units imo

Thurosis

That'S what I mean!! The Zergs will get more mutate!

If i play the terrans i always make 1x 12 BattleCruisers and 3x12 Wraiths
for a fast destruction ^^
and with protoss

the same 12 Carrier and 36 Scouts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Kami-Tux

Oh, I sent virus-tans after an ME-tan, which claimed to be a pig. This was why I was deducted 5k points. And the OS/2 quote is a reference to Captain Riker from Star Trek TNG.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Aurora Borealis

I used to play Starcraft. First played it when I was 10 and I actually did pretty well in "3v3 nr 20" games then but eventually forgot about it. Tried again 2 years ago but I was terrible at it and gave up.

However my brother and dad are extremely good at it! My dad has an account with more than 2000 wins, nearly all won from the "3v3 nr 20" games

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Pitkin"Bank of C-Chan :D :D :D

What is alarming is that on the list of instances linked with the bank, there are 11 net borrowers, but only one net lender (Kami-Tux with -4970). The savings rate is terribly low, which on the other hand is understandable recognizing the astronomical inflation the C-Bank's caused by printing and issuing new points.

The Global OS-tan Pointary Fund must enquire: what is the bank's long-term pointary policy to secure the sustainability and resilience of the banking sector in case of an external shock to the current markets? XD
lol
Pitkin studies at work

Now ppl, you have a lot of free time >_>...searching all the C-chan posts to quantify the total amount of wealth in points he has distributed...

-_-

My imagination or this suddenly turned into a Starcraft thread instead of a Topicless Thread?
Quote from: "Laevatein"They're not gonna be mutating if they're all dead XD Besides, mutations caused by irradiation are harmful (don't trust Marvel to give you an accurate picture of what nuclear radiation does to you).

Mass tank groups in Starcraft are a no-no, imitating C&C style tank rushes with Siege Tanks will only get you bankrupt. The best way to use Siege Tanks in SC is as support for smaller, more agile units like Marines and Goliaths just like they're supposed to. Although I mostly use Siege Tanks for defense, since I rely more on Air power and covert strikes (quad simultaneous nuke bombing FTW XD).

Seconded. Radiation will probably kill Zergs instead of leading to mutations.

I use tanks mostly for defense. I usually use a combo of Wraiths-tanks-Battlecruisers-Sci vessels. Sci Vessels EMP those pesky arbiters/defilers, while the wraiths take other capital ships (Carriers/Battlecruisers). Battlecruisers lay destruction over both ground and minor air units, while the tanks provide support for the BC's, in case they're attacked by a mass number of hydras/dragoons or attacked by hydras stacked inside a dark swarm. I don't use goliaths too often cause they tend to be...a bit dumb while walking.
And from all the buildings, my favorite would be...Comsat Station!! Inteligence services FTW :D. That's why I never build nukes. That and because I'm bad for coordinating several nuclear strikes. Instead, I can detect all of Laevatain ghosts :D

From all the races...I really hate to fight against terrans. Specially when it comes to be a battle of tank vs. tank -_-. And for that same reason I never use infantry against terrans. Even using medics, the casualties when fighting against a tank wall are too high.  

About the Yamato cannon...yeah, it should be more powerful, but my explanation for that would be: While the Yamato cannon concentrates the power of a nuke, probably the terrans use Low-yield nukes (maybe similar to a bunker buster?) due to the high energy requirements for creating a magnetic field capable of containing such a powerful explosion. Their technology doesn't allow them to contain a greater explosion. Also, you have to take in count energy losses while the "beam" travels from the nuclear chamber to the target. The greatest advantage of the Yamato cannon it's not power, but range.

Or maybe Blizzard didn't wanted to have a monster that could deliver a one-shot kill, thus making the game unbalanced. :D

---

We SHOULD organize an online meeting on B.net...and destroy each other.

GADGET TRIAL THREAD

Haven't finished the campaign due to lack of time -_-
Still...I stole your map, Exa :p
NOT ANYMORE A GADGET TRIAL THREAD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

And for those that are interested I am now a Security Officer for Whatcom Security Agency! I am no longer an unemployed bum.
Congratulations! ;019

Exa

Quote from: "Darknight_88"

Stole? I put it there to dl it ;) . When I finally get rid of my laziness, I create more maps - and I continue campaign, too ...

NewYinzer

Ah, laziness. If I only had that luxury...

*thinks*

...I found some info that we might all be interested in:

OS-TAN COLLECTIONS:
QuoteOur users have posted a total of 15746 articles
We have 1144 registered users :: The newest registered user is Genjirou
Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:14 pm

BLACKDIAM:
QuoteOur users have posted a total of 24571 articles
We have 269 registered users :: The newest registered user is digbar
Most users ever online was 38 on Yesterday, at 1:52 pm

Aurora Borealis

Interesting! The place has gotten considerably more active and has a lot more members since the URL changed!

But wait a minute! The number of articles posted for ostan-collections is LESS than that of back when it was ostan.blackdiam! (did that number reset when the URL changed?)

Darknight_88

Nope, Yinzer is talking about this:
http://blackdiam.net/forum/index.php

That's the place from where DarkLord/Linux-tan/Fedora-tan/Fedo/Fedora-tan and Pitkin came.

That's why our last server was os-tan/blackdiam. We were something like refugees xD.
We have more users than Blackdiam due to the great number of accounts with 0 posts, but the number of active posters isn't that great. Instead, Blackdiam has a larger active fanbase.

Still, there have been progress within the last months here.

Question for Pitkin or Darklord/..../Fedora-tan:
BTW. What exactly is Blackdiam? I'm guessing its a sort of text based RPG. Or what? A server for  D2?

Quote from: "Exa"
Quote from: "Darknight_88"

Stole? I put it there to dl it ;) . When I finally get rid of my laziness, I create more maps - and I continue campaign, too ...
aaahhhh...Laziness....I still can remember the times when I could give myself that kind of luxury...
=/

Anyway, thanks for the map

NewYinzer

Let's see - I have about 89,000 C-Chan Points. If my calculations are correct, if I get 88,000,000 C-Chan Points, I could get some serious shit. Like a moped. Let's see what the exchange rates are:

Potato (NewYinzer's Currency) - 1,000,000 CPS
Platoon of riflemen to deal with wolf problem - 80,000,000 CPS
Submarine for bullying Russians - 82,000,000 CPS
Hot spring outside of Tokyo - 84,000,000 CPS
Theme park that is really a magical bathhouse - 1,037,230,000 CPS
A towel and a Pan Dimensional Gargle Blaster - 1,420,000 CPS
Time machine to do something about kids - 88,000,000 CPS
British Comedy Team - 1,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
All-girls school in Japan - 690,000,000,000,000 CPS
Army of combat androids - 7,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
Tokyo University - 88,000,000,000,000,000 CPS
On heck of a plot for a light novel - Priceless

For everything else, there's C-Card. Sign up now and get 20,000 air miles on US Airways. If you can guess all the references made in my list, you get 1,000,000 potatoes. Hint: One's a repeat.

Aurora Borealis

Ooh. Those are some tough ones! But I'm almost positive that "Tokyo University" is a reference to Love Hina and "All-girls school in Japan" is a reference to Negima

NewYinzer

Good! For two correct references, you get 20,000 potatoes. That's about 10,000,000,000 CPS, thanks to fluctuations. Now we have 980,000 potatoes up for grabs - who wants them?

2 potatoes = 1,000,000 CPS

Aurora Borealis

20,000 potatoes... mmmm! Makes me wanna make some baked potatoes! But if I bake and eat my potatoes, does that invalidate their point values?

NewYinzer

Yes, you can eat them. But then you can't redeem points. First you must convert them to CPS, then exchange them for some of C-Chan's stuff. But if you collect 7,000,000 potatoes, you can get a Harrier Jump Jet! Just like that Pepsi ad...

Tsubashi

Where do you exchange them? I didn't know the C-Bank approved any such sort of a rate! Doubt it will stay stable, at the rate potatoes are appearing...

Added after 1 minutes:

Theme park that is really a magical bathhouse - Spirited away

Added after 1 minutes:

and the moped is currently 47 000 000 000 000 C-points
-Tsu