Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

A security officer.. it a security guard with a fancy title. Tho they are responsible for alot more then what people think. Im not like some fat slob mall security guard.  Im not sure if Im soppose to mention my assignments yet, but I work for a big copperation right now, one that gets alot of violent irate customers that sometimes need to be ejected, as well as things like.. counter terrorisum.  They have had people fimling or taking pictures of their sites linked to "interesting" people.  

and Thurosis... I play guard or marines in DOW. Tho when I play guard I play through fire and manuver with close fire support.  Tanks are nessicary but dont underestimate the power of infantry that is properly suported
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Exa

Quote from: "Thurosis"

In StarCraft i always use the beserker (Protoss) to rush ^_^

You mean Zealot rush? I always wondered how can a Zealot has 60 shield + 100 hp when a Siege Tank has 150 hp...

And yes, tanks are so powerful in most wargames. :D

I heard about a Gadget Trial update where you can play the type black from Major Wakabayashi is that true (and there should be a new campaign!?)

I translated the page with Babelfish, and it seems that there is a fanbook of Gadget Trial, and you can get 4 special maps with Type Black (and some other goodies) with the book.

Thurosis

Quote from: "Exa"
You mean Zealot rush? I always wondered how can a Zealot has 60 shield + 100 hp when a Siege Tank has 150 hp...

The ger. version of StarCraft they translated it with "Berserker" for "Zealot"
but i like the name "Zealot" it sounds more Ariur-ish ^_^

I translated the page with Babelfish, and it seems that there is a fanbook of Gadget Trial, and you can get 4 special maps with Type Black (and some other goodies) with the book.

Ah i see... is it able to get this on eng? or is there already a eng patch?

BTW I made my first gif animation ^_^ I hope you like it ^_^
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=1

and this is my first fan art from Os-Tan hehehe...
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Exa

The ger. version of StarCraft they translated it with "Berserker" for "Zealot"
but i like the name "Zealot" it sounds more Ariur-ish ^_^

Berserker? o_o That's strange... Zealot is really more Aiur-ish. :D

Ah i see... is it able to get this on eng? or is there already a eng patch?

I have no information about an english patch for this...

BTW I made my first gif animation ^_^ I hope you like it ^_^
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=1

and this is my first fan art from Os-Tan hehehe...
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=75&pos=0

looks cute, especially the second one :)

Thurosis

what a pity -.- I want to play more Gadget Trial !!!!

(back to StarCraft)

StarCraft is the only game that i know where tank companies aren't effectiv (in attack)
and did anyone think about this in StarCraft?

The Terrans are so high tech, why they use nuke weapons instead of    
Satellites strike or something like that?  

Becasue if someone use nukes against Zerg. the zergs maybe get more stronger/dangerious caused by the after effect of the nukes... (stronger harder, better... you know what i mean ^_Ã,°)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Tsubashi

So true! Isn't the Yamato gun supposed to have the power of multiple nukes?

Added after 7 hours 34 minutes:

Okay, I have to apologize in advance for this one. As the subtitle says, this is a massive topic shift, but I was so excited about the news, I had to post it somewhere! ^-^

Apparently the Bank of C-Chan which backs all the points which he gives for good deeds (subjective terminology), has finally released their first ever Status Report!!!

It all begins beneath this line!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics:

C-Chan has issued a total of 11 393 015 C-Chan Points, over a period of 223 days.

The smallest unit ever issued was 15 points, to NewYinzer on 2006-08-13.

Aurora Borealis hold the largest percentage of C-Chan points (43.88% - 5 000 000) followed by Q4(V) (18.73% - 2 134 405)

A total of 15 points have been issued and never claimed:

QuoteShe's OS/2-tan's very reliable second in command. (or, as OS/2-tan would say, her "Number One") [15 points if you guess the reference] ^_-

The price of the "prize" has changed thrice, and has indicated an exponential growth.

Notes:

Below are the results of a graphical analysis of points in curculation and the points required for the "Prize". Only three "prize" values have been confirmed, so estimated approximate values for the intermediary times have been calculated.

Graph of the "Prize" value by time:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/Tsubashi/Picture1.png

Graph of Points in Circulation plotted over the same time period:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/Tsubashi/Picture3-1.png

Noting estimate values for each, we find that "Prize" varies exponentially with "Circulation" until Time=140 days (At which point prize=~1 trillion points and circulation=~4 Million) When Time >140 days, "circulation" begins to level off, while "Prize" increases exponentially.

Plotting the two together reveals a staggering gap between "Circulation" and "Prize"

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/Tsubashi/Picture2-1.png

Concluding, here is a list of all C-Chan point transactions recorded thusfar. List includes actual date of transaction, days past C-Chan's Joining, and recipient:

-Tsu

Pitkin

Bank of C-Chan :D :D :D

What is alarming is that on the list of instances linked with the bank, there are 11 net borrowers, but only one net lender (Kami-Tux with -4970). The savings rate is terribly low, which on the other hand is understandable recognizing the astronomical inflation the C-Bank's caused by printing and issuing new points.

The Global OS-tan Pointary Fund must enquire: what is the bank's long-term pointary policy to secure the sustainability and resilience of the banking sector in case of an external shock to the current markets? XD

Kami-Tux

wow... how come I am the only lender?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Exa

Quote from: "Thurosis"what a pity -.- I want to play more Gadget Trial !!!!

(back to StarCraft)

StarCraft is the only game that i know where tank companies aren't effectiv (in attack)
and did anyone think about this in StarCraft?

The Terrans are so high tech, why they use nuke weapons instead of    
Satellites strike or something like that?  

Becasue if someone use nukes against Zerg. the zergs maybe get more stronger/dangerious caused by the after effect of the nukes... (stronger harder, better... you know what i mean ^_Ã,°)

I used a slow but effective strategy involving tanks, goliaths and 1-2 vessels for detecting: go near the enemy, switch to siege mode before they can react, destroy everything in my range, back to tank, move a bit forward, switch to siege...

But it's true that nuclear weapons are not so high tech - but still devastating... :D And Zergs become even more mutated by nukes? o_o

Pitkin

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"wow... how come I am the only lender?

According to the points distribution, you seem to be the only one with negative points (what did you do?). :D Maybe you should demand pig compensate the value of negative points, in case the 'loan' has grown outdated. ^^

Laevatein

They're not gonna be mutating if they're all dead XD Besides, mutations caused by irradiation are harmful (don't trust Marvel to give you an accurate picture of what nuclear radiation does to you).

Mass tank groups in Starcraft are a no-no, imitating C&C style tank rushes with Siege Tanks will only get you bankrupt. The best way to use Siege Tanks in SC is as support for smaller, more agile units like Marines and Goliaths just like they're supposed to. Although I mostly use Siege Tanks for defense, since I rely more on Air power and covert strikes (quad simultaneous nuke bombing FTW XD).

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "Pitkin"
According to the points distribution, you seem to be the only one with negative points (what did you do?). :D

Exactly, what did I do?

I guess, I assigned Kami-Tux-points...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Pitkin

Cannot find the origin of your minus points, Kami-Tux, I'm sorry... v_v

While searching, however, I bumped into 5,000 points assigned to rdhdtwns-san (here), that has been left out from the financial statement. ^^;

Exa

Quote from: "Laevatein"

Mass tank groups in Starcraft are a no-no, imitating C&C style tank rushes with Siege Tanks will only get you bankrupt. The best way to use Siege Tanks in SC is as support for smaller, more agile units like Marines and Goliaths just like they're supposed to. Although I mostly use Siege Tanks for defense, since I rely more on Air power and covert strikes (quad simultaneous nuke bombing FTW XD).

Did I ever mention mass tank groups? I only said I used tanks+goliaths, nothing about quantities... By the way, marines+medics can quite good, too, with some ghosts for lockdown...

Laevatein

Quote from: "Exa"
Quote from: "Laevatein"

Did I ever mention mass tank groups? I only said I used tanks+goliaths, nothing about quantities... By the way, marines+medics can quite good, too, with some ghosts for lockdown...

LOL you misunderstand me, I was replying in general to the topic at the mention of the point in the uppermost thread (notice I didn't quote you directly), though I supposed I should've made it more clear ^^;;;;

Medics are probably the best units anyone could use in Starcraft... a couple of them used right can get an entire Marine group through a base raid. Which is why I always try to get medics whenever I play Protoss so my Zealots can benefit XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman