Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

QuoteBtw... am I the only one who keeps reading this thread's title as "Topless thread?"

I do that all the time.

Quote2000th post! WOOOO!

Congrats, Captain! Wow, a lot has changed since I came here last summer. Back then, panda was complaining that the forum was dying, few people posted, C-Chan was displaying his new art, and our forum was a tourist trap on the highway of the OS-tans. Now, we have over 1000 members, a world-class gallery, a wiki, and are now are a destination in the OS-tan universe!

CaptBrenden

2007 right now!  anyhow, yeah things have changed alot, hellava lot more since when i joined too -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NewYinzer

Yeah...what was it like before I got here?

C-Chan

QuoteYeah...what was it like before I got here?

Relatively-speaking, dead as a door-knob.  -v-

Congrats to the Captain for breaking the 2000 mark.  ^^
Since he really wanted very hard to reclaim his top spot (and doesn't have a Wiki to run... hehe... -v-), I guess you can say he finally got his wish.  By comparison, I'm still in the very inauspicious Worldwide Depression Era years, and will probably keep it there for a while.  -.-

As far as presents go, the Captain's in luck.  I just finished another 3.1-sama in the works....  -v-

http://ostan-collections.net/post-14684.html#14684

Aurora Borealis

Eheheheh... My post count would put me in the general time period of disaster and disunity of the early Middle Ages as civilization was kinda going backwards in western Europe

and 1932 was the year the Depression was at its worst! That is depressing ;__;

but I live in the USA and sadly I don't know any history of what is modern day USA before 1492

C-Chan

Well yeah, most of the records from pre-Columbian North America have either been overlooked, destroyed or non-existent.  -v-'
But the really cool stuff probably occurred several thousand years BC, when the world likely was not as primitive and backwater as most people would have you believe.  -v-

But in any case, yeah Western Europe was hell in your post count (despite there still being a lot of trade and travel), but if you want to think of prosperity, turn your eyes to the East.  ^__^

It was around that time of your post count that the Hagia Sophia Cathedral (now Mosque) was built, and still remains the most iconic building in present-day Istanbul, fka Constantinople.  ^.^

For better or for worse, the Byzantine Empire was not particularly "dark" in the Dark Ages, although granted the phasing out of Roman-style professional armies in favor of mercenary ones did result in a lot more land loss over time.  ^^;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteYeah...what was it like before I got here?

Relatively-speaking, dead as a door-knob.  -v-

-_-
I prefer to use the term "much more calm, quiet and slow-paced".
I could absent for a month and then read all the new topics and replies in about 15 minutes. Now I need almost an hour to read everything.

FabiaN was still the admin, and we didn't had fancy things like an IRC channel. Instead we had a shoutbox and a random quote display :D,.
The image gallery was members only (I joined when someone posted a link in wakachan). Just a few days after I joined, and after complains because of the "members only" policy, "!WAHa.06x36" (one of the main translators of OS-tan comics) asked FabiaN for the retirement of all his translated comics from the gallery if he didn't allowed everyone to access the gallery. Since that day, the gallery has been free for everyone.
And that kids, was the story of one of the most important and decisive moments in the history of this site, OS-tan collections.

I feel old ;_;

CaptBrenden

-_- darknight is one of the few thats been around nearly as long as I.  Pitkin as well.. not many others have stuck with us. Shame now.. they would have enjoyed the site now.  My habit of posting.. sometimes random shit in topics comes from the days when you had to post for postings sake to keep the forums alive. now it just feels wroung not to respond -_-

Darknight_88

2012!! The captain is posting from The future!!!

I think this is what we usually call ZOMG TIME PARADOX!!!111!

-_- Yeah, I'm one of the few remaining old members. The others being Pitkin, Q4(V) and the Captain. Even when Pitkin and Q4(V) don't post too often any more Ã,¬Ã,¬ . Even I post more often than them :p

Laevatein

My post count... would put me in the age when mammoths were the tastiest meal around ^^;;; Okay maybe not, but it's certainly in the borderline of being prehistoric unless you're talking about AD. 77 ^^;;

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
This article is about the year 87
Events

* The Roman Maternus arrives in Ethiopia.
   * Lyon, a city in Gaul has a population of over 100,000.
   * Decebalus becomes king of Dacia.

Just 1920 post more :D

CaptBrenden

heheh  rome and gaul XD I liked Asterix.. he was funny. that juice made him super strong.

SleepyD

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
-_-
I prefer to use the term "much more calm, quiet and slow-paced".
I could absent for a month and then read all the new topics and replies in about 15 minutes. Now I need almost an hour to read everything.

FabiaN was still the admin, and we didn't had fancy things like an IRC channel. Instead we had a shoutbox and a random quote display :D,.
The image gallery was members only (I joined when someone posted a link in wakachan). Just a few days after I joined, and after complains because of the "members only" policy, "!WAHa.06x36" (one of the main translators of OS-tan comics) asked FabiaN for the retirement of all his translated comics from the gallery if he didn't allowed everyone to access the gallery. Since that day, the gallery has been free for everyone.
And that kids, was the story of one of the most important and decisive moments in the history of this site, OS-tan collections.

I feel old ;_;

Real quick before I sleep. I would be extremely interested in a "History of OS-tan Collections" Article in the wiki.  As far as I know, I think C-Chan and NewYinz by themselves made this place a rather active forum.  I remember joining because it was quiet.... C-Chan joined a few days after I did, and it has never been the same. heh

CaptBrenden

-_- it wasnt through the lack of trying on our part a asure you T_T *frosty glare* I give youtube more credit! I cant count the number of members weve gotten in because of that XP video -_-  

Fine maybe a little credit.. but not "C-Chan and Newyinz by themselves"  Its almost insulting -_- Makes the effort to keep the place alive seem trivial

Exa

I stand to this place until the end of time! Okay, until the end of the forum...