Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Kari: That sucks, but at least you got the boots :3

So, disappointing news: Wal-Mart's holiday layaway doesn't allow for clothes to be put on layaway; only electronics and toys >_<;
(There goes the idea of putting that coat I want on layaway)

EDIT: I really wish I could go back to sleep, but I have work in about 1.5 hours :\
(Also, at grandma's office because I felt like it)

EDIT2: *triple facepalm*
Seems I can't be alone here, either. Good thing I finished that episode of the Cinema Snob before these random old ladies showed up and barged in (Thanks, grandma; for letting them come here when I'm trying to relax before work) >_<

NejinOniwa

1 hour 6 minutes left as officially 22 years old...

Not so hyped actually. Gods, I feel like a geezer.

Did get a chance to give Hávamál a readthrough today though. You should consider it yourselves, I'd say.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

MERRY BIRFMAS MASHTUR

i have spent the better part of my day baking and molding in fondant. and driving, lots of driving. now then, i'm gonna go bake another cake and try not to throw up from powering through about 2-3 cups of pumpkin ice cream and a sugar cone.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Happy birthday Nej! Any party plans?

stewartsage

22 feels pretty old already.  Weekend starts now.

Enjoy another year of mortal existence, Nej.

Nichi

I often feel more like I'm 486 years old than I do 22 :\

Bella

I'm younger than you two and I STILL feel ancient. :I

LeaflameSD

Merry Birthmas, Nejin.

... It's my birthday in a week and one day, woot!

Nichi

@Leaf: Cool :3

@Bella: I know that feel; except in my case it's that everyone is younger than me but is far more experienced; making me feel like I've never really lived :\

On an unrelated note, I have come to the realization that my mom has the reasoning of a child. One of my sister's friends commented on a status saying that his kids (About 8 or 9) are blaming him for the internet being out today, and they refuse to listen to anything he says; it must be daddy's fault. Strange; exactly like my mom, who blames me for the slow connection and refuses to listen to any counterpoints -w-;

NejinOniwa

Well, today's birthday plans can be summed up as: Brunch, bowling, dinner at an old medieval winehouse.

Good times were had. The mead was goooood.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

The fun's not over, Nej, I still gotta post your gift. :3

SO, I was just sitting here working on a homework assignment and wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life, where I'm going, what I want to do, etc. And I started thinking about Microsoft and Apple. Microsoft in particular, and how they've cornered the design market and are introducing all sorts of weird-ass things nobody ever asked for (METRO UI, ANYONE?). And then I started to feel sad, because most Linux & BSD GUIs aren't much better ... hell, the majority of them are worse. Even the slick-looking FOSS desktop environments tend to fall apart once you start to poke around in the file manager, system settings, etc. They all look so slapped-together, there just aren't any desktop environments that look cohesive and polished.

Then it hit me.

This is what I should work on.

I don't know how or when, or whether I'll ever gain the knowledge to do so, but I want to do this. Making Linux pretty. I want THAT to be my life's work.

I just have to figure out how to get into GUI programming.

Nichi

That'd be nice

Today is shit. My check is misprinted, the credit union is closed, and my car is having more transmission problems.

Chocofreak13

@bella: nice dream, bells. everyone's gotta have a dream. and yours sounds like something that is gonna be a reality.

sis's wedding was yesterday. i am so exahusted. but it was super-fun, moreso than i thought it would be. lots of things hurt, we finished the cake when we got there, but in the end everything turned out spectacular. we did the time warp again, i played columbia during the tap routine. sis threw the bouquet, i snatched it in midair and ran. and the whole time i looked like an asian hooker. a good time was had by all. -w-
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm glad everyone had a good time. Send your sister my congratulations. ^.^

So I just spent like an hour trying to get Excel to bend to my will (homework stuff) ... I wrote this big nested formula, didn't work, I looked it up online and the website I found said my formula WOULD work, so I looked it over again to make sure it was all correct and it STILL didn't work (something about too many arguments). And then about 30 seconds worth of typing to come up with a formula that WOULD work, although it wasn't a nested formula like the instructions asked for. Whatever. If it works it works, and I'll be steamed if the instructor makes a big deal of me not using the "right" kind of formula. :|

Nichi

@Bella: Excel is a pain in the ass sometimes :\

@Kari: Sounds fun. Also, I kinda wish I could have been there to catch the bouquet just for the lulz (Although, if my fever dream from earlier this year is any indication, I'd end up being Bella's bride; much to Stew's confusion xD)

So, I finally got my check cashed, bought the stuff I needed for my car, and bought myself a 250+ card Magic Deck Builder's Toolkit ($20, yo) >:3