Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimaninja

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/3528/zombiedragonoe8.jpg
1st off is the promised Zombie dragon

Still to go:
A's cat-dragon []
Re-amp C-chan's dragon with my forced improved artwork. []

Also, if you guys want my christmas pics (as in drawings) send me an e-mail by friday, to ultimaninja@hotmail.com

this is under likely circumstances that I cannot get onto ostan due to my sister not letting me on...

NewYinzer

QuoteRemember that old Apple B*tch nose art I did for Cat-san?

I looked it over again and found a really serious blooper that would never have gone unpunished back in my old collaging days. -v-'

HMM...I can see several possibilities:
1. You're never supposed to change the nose art or name of a bomber, especially a B-24. It's bad luck.
2. The word "Apple" hasn't been aligned properly to have a 3-D correlation to the word "Bitch".
3. You seem to have placed color blobs instead of being more careful about covering the areas that had previously been another color.

BTW, if you look closely in the lower right corner, you see a special cart for loading bombs on aircraft. My grandfather designed that cart.

C-Chan

*nerve twitch*  >v<

QuoteHMM...I can see several possibilities:
1. You're never supposed to change the nose art or name of a bomber, especially a B-24. It's bad luck.

Ummmmmmm,..................... okay....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

Uh,... Cat-san made me do it.  Vex him.  ^___^'

Quote2. The word "Apple" hasn't been aligned properly to have a 3-D correlation to the word "Bitch".

Followed the same alignment as "Strawberry", so technically speaking it was the "Strawberry" that wasn't properly aligned 3-dimensionally.  Guess the pilots used Paintbrush instead of Photoshop or the GIMP.  ^.^

About the letters themselves, I suppose I COULD'VE blockified the shading instead of making it as a drop shadow,... but then the picture would've taken a bit longer than 20 minutes to Shop.  -v-'

Quote3. You seem to have placed color blobs instead of being more careful about covering the areas that had previously been another color.

*twitch twitch*  >v<

That's the Clone tool's fault -- it just copies off different sections of the picture to make the paint-over a lot more smooth than simply coloring blobs over the area being covered.  ^^;
Suppose I could've spent a bit more time to make it flawless, but then,... the whole 20 minute thing.  Looked convincing enough for a blurry picture anyway.  -v-

QuoteBTW, if you look closely in the lower right corner, you see a special cart for loading bombs on aircraft. My grandfather designed that cart.

Well that's a nice historical point,... should give you more incentive to start designing tools of your own design so you can have posterity.  ^___^

But for the time being.... -v-

*error klaxon*

EEEEEEEECK!!  WRONG!!!  ^0^

Guesses were 'aight, but your still WAY off the blooper!  ^v^

Have Dr. DOS-chan give you two RED pills, go to bed, call her in the morning, and try again if she deems you physically fit for blooper identification.  -v-

QuoteRe-amp C-chan's dragon with my forced improved artwork.

........Hoe?  ^___^'

You really are experiencing an artistic wave, aren't ya?  -v-

BTW, probably a stupid question, but is your computer fixed yet?  ^^'

Ultimaninja

Still busted = Yes

btw, I am finished with the first christmas-like picture for the month out of 4. Next one will be a fanart of Riviera that I plan to enter into a contest, so I'll need construtive criticism on it...needs to be entered by the 15th.

And yes it is forced improvement upon myself, as I watched a friend draw a few circles and such to show a pratice shadow...and then well...you can see bj0rN's dragon compared to my previous ones...And C-chan, your dragon's improvement will also include an aged version to show what it *might* look like...

but still...that zombie dragon...I had something with it's half-decomposing face...just true awsomeness to me...and the reason it's face is more...decomposed then the body...well If a dragon is attacking you (not to mention a zombie-dragon), are you going to shoot at the face, with fireballs, shotgun blasts, and rockets,etc at the face or are you going to fire at the tail, foot, body etc?

hmm...without internet my artskills go up, and patience goes nowhere.

CaptBrenden

yes, zombie dragon is teh rock.  Tho, concidering how unstopable a regular zombie is to a normal human a zombie drago is truely a thing to fear
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

An aged version?  Hmmm.... -_-
In any case, don't forget what I told you last time.  `v'

Quoteyes, zombie dragon is teh rock. Tho, concidering how unstopable a regular zombie is to a normal human a zombie drago is truely a thing to fear

Is a zombie dragon any different from a bone dragon or a Dracolich?  '__'

NewYinzer

*comes back from the dead/passwordless*

Hello everyone! Due to unknown causes (probably a gypsy curse), a password malfunction kept me out of OS-Tan Collections. However, I'm back and it works now. Much thanks to C-Chan and Pitkin for helping me out. Since it's late, I'll see yinz later!

*signs off*

C-Chan

Wow, that was fast.  ^__^

*checks email*

Oh,... guess I accidentally helped more than I thought.  ^__^'

Oh well, see "youz" tomorrow.  ^.^

PS:  For your troubles, I'll give you a hint about the Apple B*tch picture....

"When you look in a mirror, what do you see?"  ^v^

CaptBrenden

yes.  just as a zombie, a skeleton, and a lich are differnt.  a zombie is a rotting body reanimated, a bone dragon has since stopped rotting but is again mostly and automiton, as where a dracolich is one of the most powerful creatures in the fantasy world. its the combination of the powers of a dragon with the powers of a lich. their magics are so powerfull they can fly long after all flesh from their bones are gone. on top of that, just like a normal lich once they are destroyed they return to their "bottle" and can take over the corpse of another dragon thus being reborn to seek its vengence on the adventures that sought to destroy it

Ultimaninja

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"yes.  just as a zombie, a skeleton, and a lich are differnt.  a zombie is a rotting body reanimated, a bone dragon has since stopped rotting but is again mostly and automiton, as where a dracolich is one of the most powerful creatures in the fantasy world. its the combination of the powers of a dragon with the powers of a lich. their magics are so powerfull they can fly long after all flesh from their bones are gone. on top of that, just like a normal lich once they are destroyed they return to their "bottle" and can take over the corpse of another dragon thus being reborn to seek its vengence on the adventures that sought to destroy it

...must resist urge to talk about D&D...
...fight it...
...grrk...The dracolich is indeed one of the strongest beings out there. However the bottle, more or less is a very expensive jewel which incases the dracolich's soul. Meaning that monster of death is a soul-less being of absolute hatred. Once the body is destroyed or anything, the soul re-creates a new body between 7-10 days.

In time it can become god-like as it achives the demi-lich status. essentially the rest of its body becomes dust in the wind leaving the head by itself. The jewel which houses its soul is stored in an eye socket (both eye sockets are covered by jewels. Along with any missing teeth to.) When this happens, it is probablly faster to just drop your weapon and wait for your death if you run into these guys with a new party, or non-buffed up party.

...*reverts back*

Silentbob

I quit my job, yay.  (myself and one more person).  I guess I was just tired of that place, wasn't really for me anymore.  ;101     Going back to the computer business again, where I started out. Pays more, and has better hours.

CaptBrenden

o_o wow, ive been out geeked on fantasy undead knowlage, its a sign of the endtimes!

C-Chan

Wow, guess the Heroes of Might and Magic series got it right then.... -v-

(or at least the makers of the "Wake of the Gods" expansion.) ^__^

Love Bone Dragons even if they are the weakest Lvl 7 Necropolis creatures.  -v-

QuoteI quit my job, yay. (myself and one more person). I guess I was just tired of that place, wasn't really for me anymore.  Going back to the computer business again, where I started out. Pays more, and has better hours.

Well,...
I'm at a loss as to whether to applaud or say "Poor AmigaBob".  But as long as you have the job in the computer business already, guess that's good news.  ^v^

Good for you, AmigaBob!  ^v^

While you're there, be sure to preach the wisdom of non-Windows OSes!  ^v^

eComstation, Linux, Unix, even OSX,... all of them promise far less maintenance costs than even the mightiest Windows platform.  
(Now if only Amiga-chan were more business friendly....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬)

MisterCat

Good for you, Silentbob!  If a job isn't all it could or should be and you've another, higher-paying, job to fall back on then you're quite right to quit the one for the other.

;019

On the other hand, if there isn't actually a job to fall back on....  Well, let's not think about that until Monday.

;022

C-Chan, it's good of you to beat the drums and blow the horns for recognition of all lesser-appreciated operating systems.  I, too, don't like the fact that Microsoft is the big bully of the software world.

But please bear in mind, though, that some of us are just plain stuck with what we've got!  Plus, I think XP-tan is a nice gal who can't help the fact Bill Gates is her father; and she has feelings too, you know, so it seems to me we ought to be cordial and gentlemanly in our treatment of her.

See, I'd wanted to buy an Apple computing system back in 2000; but the big chain store which sold them wouldn't give me any credit ââ,¬â€ the tossers.  But the big chain store which sold IBM/Microsoft-compatible systems was glad to let me pay over time.

Hence, I was stuck with this Compaq Presario 5WV270 and its lovely Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition operating system ââ,¬â€ otherwise known as the Blue Screen Special.  Factor in the reality that I'm on a low, fixed, income and the result is:  I've got to hope and pray this set-up keeps on working.

;026

=^..^=

Silentbob

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Well,...
I'm at a loss as to whether to applaud or say "Poor AmigaBob".  But as long as you have the job in the computer business already, guess that's good news.  ^v^

Good for you, AmigaBob!  ^v^

While you're there, be sure to preach the wisdom of non-Windows OSes!  ^v^

Yeah, it wasn't easy to get that job, but in the end I did.  The job I had was OK, and ÃÅ' did get to work with computers , but there was too much other stuff involved, too much stress and long hours.  Now I'll have more time to  spend with my Amigas, who knows what positive consequences that'll have.   ;010

Oh yes, I'll always preach.  ^^