Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

lol, they actually enforce age restrictions there? i was buying 18+ manga when i was like, 14. -w-

@bella: i just hope that the potato is in the crockpot. (code for goin' to the bathroom, courtesy of bob's burgers)

@nej: SHOULD I BE SCARED, MASTER

so everyone should wish my sister a happy birthday
GO ON, WISH LADYJACK A MERRY BIRFMAS
DO IT
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Happy Birthday, Jack ^^

Also, age restrictions remind me of an amusing bit. My sister was once carded for buying the Revenge of the Nerds box set...and yet, she was not carded for buying the Porky's box set xD
(Although, the latter was a gift for my dad; since he loved those movies back when he was in high school. Still funny how the more tame movies are the ones she was carded over)

Chocofreak13

i haven't seen either of those yet, are they rated r or something? (isn't porky's about some kind of 50's sex club?)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yep. Both are R-rated, but of the two, Revenge of the Nerds is more tame; as Porky's is indeed about a sex club in the '50s

Chocofreak13

heh heh, alright. -w- [/quagmire]
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

@sleepy: Have fun at AX!

Being reminded of AX being this week, I looked at how much it would cost (by current standards) to travel to a different con next year (along with working at Tekkoshocon here in Pittsburgh).

AX would cost me around $1300 - $1750, gas being the major cost in the equation.

Gas ~ $700 round trip
Hotel ~ $300 - $500
Misc. ~ $300 - $500

Anime Boston  would cost around $900 - $1300 thanks to being not across the entire country.

Gas ~ $200 - $600 round trip (Gas could cost more on this trip because its more $$$ up here in the North)
Hotel ~$200 - $250
Misc. ~ $300 - $500

Otakon would cost around $700 - $1000 because my car can make it to Baltimore on a single tank easy so only two fill ups needed!

Gas ~ $100 round trip
Hotel ~ $300 - $400
Misc. ~ $300 - $500

In the end I'd probably end up going to Otakon because its the cheapest and I could probably push my budget the most while I'm there, but my goal is still to attend AX!

I could probably fly to Otakon and still hit around $500 for a plane and hotel but I'd then have to rent a car or use public trans to get around which could prove problematic because transporting goods from the con would prove easier with my car.

Bella

This train ride is starting to wear on me (like hours ago) but HOLY CRAP IS WV PRETTY.

9/10 WOULD RECOMMEND RIDING THROUGH

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Bella on July 03, 2013, 04:47:07 PM
This train ride is starting to wear on me (like hours ago) but HOLY CRAP IS WV PRETTY.

9/10 WOULD RECOMMEND RIDING THROUGH

I'LL BE IN WV IN 48 HOURSSSSS

Chocofreak13

I WAS JUST TALKING TO MY DAD ABOUT WV TODAY (IT WASN'T POSITIVE THOUGH, SORRY)

@kraus: in the event you ever make it to AB, let me know, so we can meet up. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: I might end up passing through that area whenever I can finally move :3

Damn I'm tired; had an interesting night, as I had to teach one of the waitresses how to prepare the pizza dough, narrowly avoided the store owner (He was about to leave as I got there, thankfully), and we still haven't had the inspector come by ~_~

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

With the inspector, not really; since the store manager is stressed out given how the inspector was supposed to come last weekend :\

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Chocofreak13

not that i mind, but why are YOU wishing us a happy national blow shit up day? you're not even from a country that celebrates it. if anything, i would have thought this would have been a day of contempt for the UK. :0
click to make it bigger