Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@nej: i'm jealous of that.
@everyone else: you may have lived in neighborhoods where there weren't a lot of kids. unless the volume of children in a neighborhood is high, the ice cream truck won't strike. culdesacs are common targets. it's why i would always find them when i was at my grandparents', but never at home (i can count the number of times i've seen ice cream trucks in my neighboorhood in the past 10 years on both hands).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: There was actually quite a few kids in my neighborhood when I was younger, but the ice cream truck simply did not exist.

In fact, there's less kids here now, and just last year an ice cream truck came through here. I was in too much of a state of disbelief to chase after it; thinking maybe the heat was causing me to hallucinate

Chocofreak13

that's odd. maybe there are neighborhoods with a higher volume of kids in your town.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Ice cream trucks are real?

Nichi

@Kriz: No, bro; they're an urban legend, like bigfoot, milkmen, and the Apple III

J\K xD

Red-Machine

Or your Apple III, at least.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Chocofreak13

were all your childhoods deprived of the
sweet sound of ice cream? ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah, as I thought they where an urban legend; like the Loch Ness Monster or the Commodore Amiga

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

but i'd say this is the best of all. -w-

(though the swedish one was interesting. since it's only one line of music it sounds more like an alarm than music, though. xD)
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Watch it, Pentium! Amiga was very real to me: an extremely loyal talking companion whenever I travelled in whatsthatplace, Narnia. She and Aslan got along super well too.

It's the same sound in Sweden and Finland. <3 In fact it indeed was an alarm, meant to tell people to stay inside to not be overrun by the urge to consume freezer-cold products in January.

I loved the ice cream truck as a child. ._. The only toy car I wanted was a mini version of that, and it played the jingle every time I put a coin inside. x)

Bella

That toy ice cream truck sounds really cute. : o

Oh and seconding the real-ness of the Amiga ... they don't even strike me as that rare of a computer anymore, just really sought-after and expensive nowadays. (At least for the complete/working systems.) ^^;

Red-Machine

I can state for a fact that they exist.  I own an A600, after all.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Cockleshell

My computer is half as old as I am. :c
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.