Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Cockleshell on May 17, 2012, 12:46:31 PM
Just finished with the legendary history final exam... I'm seeing crap because I havent slept in quite a while.

what's your count? before last night i hadn't slept in 2 days.

Quote from: Bella on May 17, 2012, 07:30:03 PM
They're visiting from June 10 - June ?

I'll work something out with them though. (In fact, it might be good to have an excuse to hang out with you guys for a day while they're here ... since it can get pretty rough hanging out with them.)

that's right at the start of pent's trip. hopefully they'll let you leave. :\

we're gonna have to discuss plans and such anyway. ideally you'd have the opportunity to crash at my place for a couple days so you could join in on boston trip and beach trip, but we'll have to talk about what's cool on both ends. :\

@paul: ouch. ><; sorry you failed, but it's not the end of the world. i've failed 2 classes so far in college, and my mum failed statistics in college 6 times. some people just suck at math. (not me; i did good enough on the SATs that i get to skip taking it in college, but conversely, i failed french in 7th grade and had to go to summer school. so no one's perfect at everything.)

@Dan: MAYBE LIFE IS LIKE A RIDE ON THE FREEWAY
DODGING BULLETS WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO FIND YOUR WAY
EVERYONE'S AROUND BUT NO ONE DOES A DAMN THING
IT BRINGS ME DOWN
BUT I WON'T LET THEM

IF I SEEM BLEAK, WELL YOU'D BE CORRECT
AND IF I DON'T SPEAK, IT'S CAUSE I CAN'T DISCONNECT
BUT I WON'T BE BURNED BY THE REFLECTION
OF THE FIRE IN YOUR EYES
AS YOU'RE STARING AT THE SUN

(i managed to type the first 3 1/2 lines without consulting a lyrics website. if that's not obvious enough, i LOVE The Offspring. i have a couple of their songs, and i grew up listening to them since all my dad ever listened to was The Offspring, Metallica, and Bob Marley.
Favourites of their songs include 'Staring at the Sun', 'Keep Em' Seperated' [i need a new mp3 of that one], 'You're Gonna Go Far Kid', 'Pretty Fly For A White Guy', and 'Why Don't You Get a Job'.)

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!!!

my grandma's finally home! we need to make accommodations for her, but everyone is breathing a huge sigh of relief. unfortunately she's not completely well yet, but she's at least well enough to be home, albeit not in her own bed (it's too high, so she's in the guest room for now). and she has to go on a super-low sodium diet. know any good salt-free foods, OSC?

oh, and i had my final critique yesterday. it went alright, not great. but i got pictures of all my work. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm glad to hear your grandmother is home and doing better. : )

Re: trips: I'm not sure if i can pull off anything more than a day trip at this point. I'll run it past my family, but depending on the dates, it may be very difficult (ie, family's here and they don't want me disappearing for 2+ days) or impossible (if it's while my dad is off working, he generally wants me to be here to look after the house / take care of my dogs / etc.) :/

Nichi

@Bella: Hope you work it out :\

@Kari: Very nice ^_^
Sadly, I don't know of any low sodium foods, so I can't help much there ^_^;;

So, I bought a Dreamcast today. It's working, was cheap, and is the color I always wanted >w<

Chocofreak13

@bella: i can understand the dog thing, but if your relatives are there they should be able to look after them, right? my uncle used to watch our cats when we were out of town.

if you'd like to run it by your dad, i'm still willing to meet/talk to him, albeit over skype. i can get my mum in on it too, if you like. (i don't want to pressure you. but i get the feeling you'd have quite a bit of fun in boston and at the beach, too. :3)

@pent: cool, dreamcast! the 3rd party mid-90's console i always wanted even though i have no/don't know of any games for it! xD
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

nintendo = democrat
sony = republican
sega = whig party

:3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

LOL

Since you mentioned classic game stores in your area, I might raid for Dreamcast stuff on top of other systems :3

Chocofreak13

yah, they should have dreamcast stuff up the wazoo. -w-

EDIT: so guys, i've resolved to get another dollfie. i love the ones i have, but since i have 5, it sometimes feels like one is being left out. ;^; so i'm going to get a male mini doll and give Jurin a little brother. -w-

also, i took advantage of the sale going on at Joann's. while there was slim pickings in the remanants bin and the pattern sale, i did hit it big with one thing: i got a new sewing machine!!! ^^
i can't wait to try it out. ^^
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Tip: Mix about a tablespoon of Sriracha sauce, about a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 pinches of garlic powder, some salt, and some Old Bay together in a bowl. Make spheres of ground-up turkey, and drench them in this. Roll it around, then throw it in a pan that's medium hot. Press on it with a metal spatula, and leave to sear for about a minute. Flip it, press on it again with the spatula. This gives it distinct grill-marks. Once it is only slightly squishy, take it off and DON'T TOUCH IT.
Eat. Enjoy. Poop spicy.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Turkey meatballs?

That sounds pretty good, though I'd probably use less Sriracha or substitute it for some other hot sauce (since I've only seen Sriracha at the Thai restaurant in town).

Chocofreak13

sriracha is too hot for me. ;^;

so, those are too hot for me. ;^;
(you're talking to the person who thinks ketchup's spicy.)

y'know, sometimes you guys get annoyed with your families, and i get baffled at how free it is here. but then moments like this afternoon happen, and i envy you people. i love everyone in my family. i should mention that my father is not a part of that family.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Cockle: That actually sounds pretty good :3
@Kari: I'd hug you right now if I could, but since I can't, here's a random picture of my cat to help you feel better :3

So, I'm very slowly installing Diablo III right now. All I have is just a trial code, but hey; I can see if I like it before I go out of my way to buy it

Chocofreak13

cool man. hope ya like it.

so i tested out the new sewing machine. it works great, though surprisingly it's louder than my old one. considering it's about the size of a lunchbox, or 1/3-1/4 of the old one, this was a little startling. though i agree with my mother that it's likely due to everything being housed in plastic vs metal.
though it works just the way i need it to (and came pre-threaded, lol), i might stick to hand sewing for doll clothes. with that in mind, though, this'll be great for people clothes. did i mention it's portable? :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Very nice ^_^

Now, you should consider making me a cool jacket, if you have the time and materials :3

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.