Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Nice :3

I've considered getting an iPod Touch, if only because the Skype app would likely more useful to me than the PSP version ^_^;;

Chocofreak13

i'd like an itouch too. mainly for videos, but the apps they have are nice, too. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Ah :3

Well, I'm thrown for a loop right now. I went to bed, woke up at what I thought was 4AM, but Asagi claimed it was midnight; making me think my alarm clock was off and leading to confusion over how I can feel so well rested on what was barely an hour of sleep @_@

Turns out it was Asagi that was off; as next time I glance at the clock, she's showing 5:45AM. Maybe I need to swap her other battery...

Krizonar

Cheetah, Antares and Sonata need new batteries to keep their clocks going as well, but I've never had much of a problem with it since as soon as you plug them back in and turn them on, they reset their clocks to be right... besides Antares (since she doesn't know what the internet is) , who is surprisingly only one hour off so I think her internal battery may still function to some extent.

Chocofreak13

the reason speedy died the first time is because i tried to replace the cmos battery. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The only members of my fleet I ever had to replace a battery like that in where TARDIS and Bulbasaur. All the others, the Yeti and it's funky "real time clock chip" included, have been fine

Chocofreak13

all of the computers i've encounted have had a cmos of some kind. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

He means that the batteries in the other machines never ran out, so he had no need to replace them.  I've never had to do it myself, either.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Red explained it for me, while I was typing this ^_^;;

But, while most every computer I've run into uses a watch battery of some kind for CMOS (Generally a CR2032), the Yeti uses this weird thing called a "Real Time Clock Chip"; which I've never seen in any computer before or since. It makes me weary to think of what will happen when that chip finally dies; will I even be able to find a replacement without buying like 100+ of them from the company I stumbled onto? I mean, if that chip has lasted 16 years so far, I doubt I'd need more than 1 additional chip on hand

Chocofreak13

who knows. :\

to make up for it, have some reaction images, courtesy of my favourite (remaining) drag queen, Sharon Needles:

(she's won more main challenges than any queen on the series yet!! >w< )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Cool ^_^

Well, I'm almost to the 1 month mark before my trip, and I almost have everything lined up :3

Krizonar

Bella

How does one observe Apple II Day, anyway?

Chocofreak13

by doing something with an apple II, of course. either that or baking two apple pies. :\

@pent: glad you put the "almost" in there, cause i was about to remind you that it's not may yet. ^^;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I obviously wish I was finally at the 1-month mark ^_^;