Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

That's simply ridiculous in my POV. Quite the epic fail...

Krizonar

Quote from: Pitkin on April 04, 2012, 04:57:51 AM
Are you trolling the US (again)
So it's not just me.

also like the logic, Sopa doesn't affect the UK, but a law made in Arizona affects the entire internet.

Nichi

I'm excited for this Friday; because it's going to be a very big day for my fleet ^w^

Also, from what I'm guessing from her latest status on Facebook, Kari is on her way to the con today ^_^
Hopefully I'm not wrong on that, and that she's really still at home; finishing up her costumes ^_^;;

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, the bill isn't very likely to pass, methinks.

Even if it does, state laws only govern people who live within said state, not elsewhere.  Even if the intent of the authors was to do so, the state government of AZ doesn't have nearly the influence nor the resources to reign-in worldwide, or even nationwide trolling - hell, I doubt they could even manage it within their own state.

To put it in historical terms, if the internet had a Doomsday Clock, SOPA would've been the Cuban Missile Crisis and this bill is more like 6 in the evening... if even that much.

EDIT:  Pardon me for looking over you, Penti-chan.  I've been following your (you and Kari) con news ever-so-lightly throughout the thread, so I do know what you're talking about, even if I'm not all that familiar with the con itself.  In any case, I'm happy for you and for Kari - it sounds like you both have celebrating to do :3.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

@Dan: Actually, I'm not going to the con; the trip to meet up with her in June has eaten up a lot of my money, so I'm still at home prepping for that ^_^;
But, if things line up, I have mentioned the possibility of going to a different con with her in October :3

Bella

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on April 05, 2012, 01:13:56 AMTo put it in historical terms, if the internet had a Doomsday Clock, SOPA would've been the Cuban Missile Crisis and this bill is more like 6 in the evening... if even that much.

I want to make an Internet Doomsday Clock website now!

But I have no coding / website-production skills.

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on April 05, 2012, 08:46:43 AM
@Dan: Actually, I'm not going to the con; the trip to meet up with her in June has eaten up a lot of my money, so I'm still at home prepping for that ^_^;
But, if things line up, I have mentioned the possibility of going to a different con with her in October :3
Well, since I'm going to California this summer to see how baby Apples are made, if you guys are alright with me possibly showing up too, you can let me know.

Bella

Going on a pilgrimage to the San Francisco Bay area huh? : D

I wish i could go too... though in my case I'd be more interested in checking out the Computer History Museum... >v>;

Nichi

@Kriz: Sounds cool, although I don't think any OSCers live in that area; unless you're going to take a detour on the way

Bella

The San Francisco area is easily in my top three Places I Most Want To Visit ... alas, the airfare alone would be well over a thousand dollars and I don't even want to think of what the lodging would cost.

Red-Machine

Over a thousand dollars for a domestic flight?  It only cost me £600 for my flight to and from Florida this september.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

@Bella: If you shop around and book far enough in advance, it's not that expensive unless you must have first-class...or you're flying with Southwest Airlines >_>

NejinOniwa

Well, even if it's domestic, it's still all across a damn continent. Not so damn strange, imo.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

Quote from: PentiumMMX on April 05, 2012, 11:06:37 PM
@Kriz: Sounds cool, although I don't think any OSCers live in that area; unless you're going to take a detour on the way
That's what I meant, a detour, since it's very far away.

Nichi

Well, if you decide to come through the East Texas area, you could see me. I don't have a guest bedroom, though, so you'd have to get a hotel or something