Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Red: I was in the middle of downloading the first Portal, when a storm rolled in; causing the power to flicker just enough for 2k to turn off. Once she was back on, Steam would not start up, nor would the repair feature work; forcing me to uninstall it and start over...which took all my games with it >_<

@Paul: Sounds cool :3

Red-Machine

You didn't need to do that.  Just delete everything in the Steam folder except the steamapps folder and steam.exe.  Then run steam.exe and it'll reinstall itself.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

^_^;;;

Wish I had known that sooner

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on March 09, 2012, 10:43:41 AM
You didn't need to do that.  Just delete everything in the Steam folder except the steamapps folder and steam.exe.  Then run steam.exe and it'll reinstall itself.

I'm not all that familiar with the workings of Steam, but couldn't your games be backed up on an external drive?

Nichi

Yes you can. In fact, I've started doing just that

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

calling something you don't like stupid makes you sound stupid. :\

that said, i don't use steam, and prefer hard copies of my games. though there are a couple steam exclusives that i'd like, but i don't want the program. catch 22. >>;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Same with me, Steam is perpetually more trouble to me then it actually seems to be worth.  That being said, I'm kind of surprised that I went to Best Buy today and while they didn't have a single copy og Fallout: New Vegas they had a handful of Fallout 1 discs.  It came out in 1997.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on March 09, 2012, 03:42:41 PMThat being said, I'm kind of surprised that I went to Best Buy today and while they didn't have a single copy og Fallout: New Vegas they had a handful of Fallout 1 discs.  It came out in 1997.

.....Does Best Buy routinely sell 15-year-old games / programs? ._________.;;;;

Chocofreak13

i got an old, ripped up special edition of Bioshock 2 there last year. methinks that they keep the inventory till it sells, no matter how long it takes.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

They did reprint the original Fallout not long after New Vegas came out, so it doesn't surprise me. What did surprise me was seeing a new copy of the Windows version of Treasure Mountain last summer, next to the then-recently released Portal 2. Not everyday you see a new release right next to a game that proudly proclaims on the package "Windows 95 compatible!"

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@pent: treasure mountain!
*strikes a blend of courage wolf and success kid pose*
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on March 09, 2012, 07:37:18 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/teenager-hacks-google-chrome-with-three-0day-vulnerabilities/10649
PINKIE PIE BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL
AGAIN
THREE TIMES

Oh great, now crackers are taking pony handles... :z

@Kari: I already wished you well on Facebook, but how's your birthday going?