Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I've done that before. Quite annoying >_<

Bella

Invest in a good emery board, Nej.

stewartsage

First day back in class, was not that bad.  Especially since Dr. Woods doesn't believe in lecturing on the first day so we had about twenty minutes before she turned us loose and I went to buy books.  Only $181 worth this semester.

IanDanKilmaster

Was fingerprinted and given a TB test today... I feel like felon... should get used to that in case ACTA goes into effect, eh?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Bella

@IDK: If you don't mind me asking, what was that for? A new job?

IanDanKilmaster

Yep, I'll be working at a nursing home soon, it seems.

In interesting news, while I was out and about, I met that TS from the I'm Pregnant And... episode I told you guys about.  We talked quite a bit, and it was a very pleasant conversation.  She was very nice and I talked to her about her and my gf possibly getting in contact sometime.

Nichi

@Dan: TB tests are always so annoying; they always leave me just a little paranoid until I'm able to get the results back
In other words, TB tests make Penti feel like gender-flipped Bella xD

Also, on meeting the girl from that show, that's cool :3

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, she was very nice and friendly, she was actually the one who initiated the conversation.  Physically, she's also come a long way since the show, she looks great.  It's really astounding how effective hormones are.

I wonder what kind of "reaction" the health care people are expecting. :/

Red-Machine

You've got nothing to worry about, TB was wiped out in the 40s.  The likelihood of you getting it now is close to nil.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Red-Machine on January 23, 2012, 07:32:36 PM
You've got nothing to worry about, TB was wiped out in the 40s.  The likelihood of you getting it now is close to nil.

I second this motion.

The shots are the worst though.

Palm up
Right in the vain
Long ass needle

Bloody thing made me faint just for freaking me out, wish they used the click shots like every other shot I've ever gotten.

Bella

And that, my friends, is why i plan on never getting into healthcare* or traveling to places where TB shots are required for that matter. >>

*Okay, that's one of about a hundred reasons I'd never get into healthcare.

Chocofreak13

tb is still active, albeit less so than earlier decades. the worse thing is that strains of TB are becoming antibiotic resistant. >>;

as for shots, i tend to be candid when getting blood done or getting shots. the key is to focus on ANYTHING else. ^^;

so today, i went to bed at 8am. and woke up at 12pm. and spent most of the day out of the house. and came home, and bummed around a bit, and cooked, which took 2 hours, so i'm not getting to bed till midnight. and i have to get up at 5, to catch a bus at 7, and then come home at 11pm. >>;;;;

also, my sister accidentally dropped her phone next to a puddle. you wouldn't think this would do anything, but it was enough to turn her phone into a slow kid. the techs claimed it was water damage, and when we figured out that it was mildly water damaged, she came home and buried it in rice. 5 hours later, she took it out, and it's working perfectly.

RICE FTW
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 23, 2012, 10:57:49 PMas for shots, i tend to be candid when getting blood done or getting shots. the key is to focus on ANYTHING else. ^^;

I haven't gotten any injections in many years (kinda mean to get a flu shot every time the season rolls around... but then again I'm not going to school or working and germphobic, so my chance of exposure is really low), but I've had blood drawn twice in the last year or so... I can't look while the needle is going in, but once it's in I can watch with no issue. It's actually kinda cool to see. : o

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 23, 2012, 10:57:49 PMalso, my sister accidentally dropped her phone next to a puddle. you wouldn't think this would do anything, but it was enough to turn her phone into a slow kid. the techs claimed it was water damage, and when we figured out that it was mildly water damaged, she came home and buried it in rice. 5 hours later, she took it out, and it's working perfectly.

RICE FTW

For future reference: was the rice previously heated in a microwave, or at room-temperature? I'd like to know the method she used in case i have to do it myself someday.