Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Ah, I'm thinking of "Return to Eden". xD
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

I was thinking of Midnight Oil or something.

So I head back to school on Sunday, hooray for that.

Bella

Is the month-long break a junior/senior year thing? I've never heard of anyone having such a long winter break.

Another thing that sucked about today: I got an amazing tripod for free, but I can't find the quick-release adapter for the camera so it's practically unusable. >___<

Chocofreak13

@kraus: ooo, eden of the east. haven't seen the series, but i saw the first movie and loved it. helped that the person who designed the characters for the series drew Honey and Clover. <333
@bella: yay and nay. hope tomorrow is better. :\
also, the amount of break time depends on the college. for instance, i got out about 5 days before christmas, and i go back tuesday. :\
also also, i found the extra rooting needles, so when i open/ship pit's card to you, i'll stick the rooting needle in there.
@dan: hate the founder, not the site. :\
@paul: well, that's one good thing that's happened tonight.

today: woke up to mum calling that she was missing her belt; told her it appeared on my chair yesterday (still don't know how), and that we'd return it to her.
had breakfast
got ready
returned belt to mum
went over grandparents to shovel, found the driveway clean and dry (likely due to the calcium chloride that was spread days earlier); sis spread more CC
hung out till mum called
went to her, picked up check, deposited into her bank account, withdrew cash, went and paid insurance bill
came home
lazed around for awhile, watched house
had lunch
lazed around a little more, watched more house
worked on computers for a couple hours with SVU on the tv
found out that only one motherboard is working, and just barely
quit for the night, found out about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xcteNYTP0&feature=related

i don't want to live on this planet in this country anymore
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 20, 2012, 09:46:28 PM
@dan: hate the founder, not the site. :\

That's the thing, he ran the website.  Not only that, he and the cronies he had running under him were deliberately using the website to profit off the distribution of copyrighted materials.  He was knowingly making money off the work of other people.  Worse yet, he had the balls to show off all the ill-gotten wealth he had acquired.  Fancy luxury and sports cars with custom tags (one of which read GUILTY, are you f**king kidding me?), and the most expensive mansion in New Zealand (the f**k) were just a few among his possessions.  That being said, Kim Dotcom (yeah, that's his name, he legally changed it) and seven others (executives at MU) are the only ones who worked there that have been indicted.  I don't hate the website, I hate how Dotcom and his flunkies misused it to make themselves rich.  The website is gone because of how Dotcom ran it.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

i read, i know. sometimes cool stuff is made by evil people. that said, i'm inclined to agree that the little (excuse me, big) snot ran himself and a much-loved website into the ground by stupidly thinking he was invincible. he's an overgrown teenage boy. >>;
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 20, 2012, 11:36:11 PM
i read, i know. sometimes cool stuff is made by evil people. that said, i'm inclined to agree that the little (excuse me, big) snot ran himself and a much-loved website into the ground by stupidly thinking he was invincible. he's an overgrown teenage boy. >>;

Basically, and in that sense he's like many people on the internet (not referring to anyone here, but I know everyone here has at least seen a youtube comment and thought the same thing).

Chocofreak13

*sigh* sad but true. but i guess that's the nature of the beast here. it allows the frat boy types to congregate and breed. >>;
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "bro", he is a hacker after all.  I suppose he possesses an analogous mindset to that, though - body of a man, mind of a teen/child.

Chocofreak13

one can be a hacker and be a teenager. i'd suspect most are between their teens and late 20's. that said, i meant frat boy as in mindset, not ability. it's like how a snob uses their cash and influence as a means to an end, rather than thinking of them as actual assets to be used carefully. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

True that. For example, I can't stand the guys who flaunt their money as a way to get a girl; to me, a guy doing that is likely compensating for something, with that something generally being his personality.

Chocofreak13

yes, definitely his 'personality'. >w>;;

i feel the need to clarify what i said (dunno why, it's just weighing on my mind): i meant that someone who does that, flaunts his cash to get some ladies, sees the cash as nothing more than an object to be used and refilled when he runs out. in dotcom's case, he saw MU as just an object to harvest him money to get flashy toys and women. it's as if they're just buying thin pieces of armour and layering themselves in it, rather than using their resources to do something real and lasting.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>Listening to Nightwish' Imaginaerium
>Check winamp, it says Imaginaerium (Instrumental), from the Limited Edition that shipped an extra disc with instrumental versions of all the songs
>But the original is instrumental too
>Instrumental of an instrumental
>Instrumentalception
>WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

does the original use electric guitars? maybe this one doesn't use any electric instruments, making it EVEN MORE INSTRUMENTAL

IT'S INSTRUMENTAL TO THIS INSTRUMENTAL THAT IT BE LABELED AS INSTRUMENTAL
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS