Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Oh yeah; it'll be adventure time.

Soon...

Chocofreak13

not to quote the bug from family guy, but, good.....good.
click to make it bigger

Acher13

gosh, this is really bad timing... semester break when your inet ran out of quota.. effing.

Red-Machine

I had to open a Japanese iTunes account in order to get Ore no Imouto iP onto my iPhone.  Then I had to hunt around for a reasonably priced Japanese iTunes points card so I could download the expansions for it. That was more complicated than it needed to be...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

iTunes?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh no.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Belated welcome back, Kari!  It's great to hear you're doing well, and hopefully catching back up on your studies ^^;.

Update on the job front - my interview went well, but I still haven't heard back.  I was told that if I wasn't contacted by Tuesday to consider the position filled (there were two other people interviewing for the job) :/.  Even if I don't get this job, though, I think I made a good enough impression that they'll consider me for future openings.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Red-Machine

Chocofreak13

@dan: thanks and good luck. :3 i'm sure you'll get the job, you're one of the more professional, peaceful ones on this site. xD
@red:

you silly cigarette you. xD

so guys, today i heard an interesting tale from my teacher. he's a distinguished dude, likely in his 60's and very professional and knowledgable, and he began his tale by stating that he was hiding in the bushes to spy on some very famous japanese ladies.
they were the consorts of japan, the rank above geisha, and there were only 5 of them. they're revered like goddesses in their native land and having a dinner with them can set you back up to $1 mil. on that day they were going to their yearly visit to the grave of the head consort. he was told to get there early, and ended up waiting for hours in the bush before they approached the garden to change into their formal costume. he was spotted by one of the women, and while they're not supposed to acknowledge random strangers, she winked at him. :3

he said that before that experience, he found the whole system of geisha to be degrading to women, but came out of that moment feeling just the opposite. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: That is awesome *thumbs up*

@Dan: Hope you land the job ^_^

Red-Machine

@K: It was an app, one that can ONLY be downloaded through the App Store.

NejinOniwa

Oh, wait, you're on one of those paranoid shut-in iDevices. Silly me, here I was assuming you actually were running decent hardware...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Thanks Red and Kari, doesn't look like I got the position this time, but oh well, I'll just apply again at the next town over.  Everything's handled online, so it's not that much of a bother, but I would've preferred staying in town, within feasible walking distance.  Anyway, while I'm not fond of the lockdown that's on Apple products, I applaud Red for not only branching out to a brand that he's been against for so long, but also choosing to support a product that he likes - kudos, chum.

Damn I'm hungry.

Red-Machine

Thanks, Ian.  AT least SOMEBODY sees it that way.

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, well, I have my own opinions on piracy, that may not differ very much from most people here, but that doesn't mean I don't admire supporting something you like.  Without someone buying it, where would such products gain financial support?