Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Reetz

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on November 01, 2011, 09:39:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Multics-tan before; on Bella's dA perhaps...

Yes, there is a Multics-tan. Much has been written and drawn about her.

Alex_Reetz

2k is trusdere; i never knew that.

stewartsage

Is it the Queen's birthday?  Commonwealth Day?  No?  Then salute the Maple Leaf flag, official ensign of the country by Royal Proclamation since 1965.  Orrrr the old Red Ensign if you're feeling Imperial.

Besides, God Save the Queen
isn't
really
my
speed.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on November 02, 2011, 01:01:44 AM
Is it the Queen's birthday?  Commonwealth Day?  No?  Then salute the Maple Leaf flag, official ensign of the country by Royal Proclamation since 1965.  Orrrr the old Red Ensign if you're feeling Imperial.

Agreed, it's annoying seeing Britain/the Queen/gushing about the undying awesomeness of the UK being dragged into the ring every time a country is mentioned. I don't go off on a tangent about the countries I like every time I hear a nation mentioned. >>;;

stewartsage

Don't get me wrong, I love the Queen.  Shes a cool lady who doesn't afraid of anything.

NejinOniwa

Bah. Windsors. BRING ME BACK THE VASAS, I SAY! LIONS OF THE NORTH, WHERE ART YE?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Hey, at least our Queen does stuff.  She fixed tanks during the war.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

*Tries to think of another subject*
So, um...I heard you like Mudkip?

Bella

Zimbabwe!

*braces for nationalistic shitstorm*

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Did I start a shit storm or something?

I will recognize Canada as a independent country and not a commonwealth, it is the save heaven for us Brits here in North America, but to salute their flag is not something I will do (Unless I throw my American citizenship out the window and grab a Canadian one)!

In other news:

Got my second TB shot today for work, didn't faint like I did last time!

Bella

@Kraus: TB shot...... for work? Do you work in a hospital or something?

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Bella on November 02, 2011, 03:44:40 PM
@Kraus: TB shot...... for work? Do you work in a hospital or something?

Nursing home, work in dinning...

IanDanKilmaster

I like God Save the Queen...

...public domain FTW.

On the topic of business, that's one of the reasons I really liked Austin, TX - the "Keep Austin Weird" movement.  For those unaware, Austin is one of those few cities that is very, very, very resistant to big business, instead working as a coalition to keep local businesses up-and-running.  It's one of the reasons their local economy is doing so well, the smaller businesses keep money in the city.  On the other hand, though, I do understand that there needs to be a balance, and that national chains have their place in that balance.  It just pains me to see when businesses that are really part of a town's identity or offered a more unique service get pressured out by larger retailers.

I guess you could say this is all fairly hypocritical coming from someone who's got a job interview with Wal-Mart tomorrow >,<.

Changing to lighter topics - has anyone tried the Initiation Station for Saints Row: The Third yet?

The Choice of a New Generation.