Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

HOLY CRAP, MY IMAC KEEPS GIVING ME STATIC SHOCKS. STATIC SHOCKS FROM HELL.

Or it could be ME that's shocking the iMac. I'm afraid to touch the right edge of the case again..........

stewartsage

I have a cellular telephone.  It makes phonecalls sometimes.  The service area is decent.

NejinOniwa

I'm based at my brother's place for tonight, since I'm invited to pub at the Juridical Society, and a gratitude dinner (that sounds weird) tomorrow for the wedding crew.

So meh. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Ah, this Monday feels like it's going to be good. I don't have to go into work until 1PM, so for the first time in forever, I get to sleep in late! Woo!

stewartsage

Just took in my annual quota of fire/rescue equipment at the Forest Festival Fireman's Parade.  It was awesome.  I'm just now getting my hearing back.  I only have one shoe on.

Chocofreak13

well, thanks for making me regret coming back here.

not to play the martyr card, but yet again i am misunderstood. here i was coming here to try to relax a bit after some early-morning emotional turmoil, and i see you all making remarks about how cold i've become. to clarify:

i was not insulting the death of steve jobs. his passing is quite sad, especially given his age. he was one year older than my mum, which i consider to be still very young.
i'll admit that i wasn't aware of his contributions untill after reading an article about his death. in his life, perhaps i was a bit callous towards him. but i would never celebrate the death of an individual unless that individual fills me with so much hate that i am blind to any other aspect of their existance. given that there are only 3 people i can think of that inspire that desire to murder their very being, i did not feel that way about steve jobs. i'm not a mac fan, but losing a contributor to computer culture as a whole is always a tragic thing, regardless of affiliation.

dan. at first i thought someone was getting what i was saying. but i guess i was wrong, again.
bella. given the long discussions we've had over these past few years, it's rather insulting that you think i'd take such an attitude towards the death of another, regardless of who they were and what they did. he was still a person, and he left behind a family, a company, and a legacy.
rodney. i would have thought you of all people wouldn't have agreed with them about this sort of thing. but i guess you can never really know a person.
ana. sorry if this post offends the forums more.

i suppose i shouldn't be rehashing events from a couple days ago. but i just wanted to clear the air.

thanks for alienating me in the place i considered a second home.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Guys, this is the internet.  You can't hear the tone of voice, or see the emotion on people's faces; things are guaranteed to be misinterpreted.

Kari didn't mean what you all thought she meant, so if everyone could just apologise and move on it would be much appreciated.  It's not worth having someone leave the site over a little misunderstanding.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Pitkin

I'm sorry for misinterpreting, but I do appeal to the emotional turmoil the news of Jobs' death provoked in me. ._.

Bella

I missed a PERFECTLY GOOD CHANCE to scream "F*CKING MASSHOLE!!!!" today when a duck-lipped imbecile PULLED RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME at an intersection. I had the green light, and she had the red. As I was beginning to pull through, she decided to do the same. Drivers like her are the reason the M-word exists.

Then there were more Mass people at the town grocery store (hint: it's not actually a grocery store, it's more like an expanded deli in an old home) griping about the lack of selection and lack of ice cream (they weren't looking in the right place). I felt like saying "WELCOME TO HELLLLLL~ I mean NH" but didn't.

Related: I've come to the realization that there's nothing I like in this area of the state, and that my only reason for even this part of New England is the existence of Boston a mere 130-some miles away. I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly cut out for that city; I'm snarky, pushy, painfully geeky, sociable, love being in places with lots of history, and think I would like city living in general - being able use a public transit system, to go to farmers' markets, visit parks, have nice libraries and museums and lots of inexpensive entertainment, none of which you can find in NH (at least not this section). Which makes me all the sadder that I'll probably never get to live there.

I literally was up until 6am this morning thinking about this. : (

Red-Machine

You think 150 miles is close?  A long journey in Britain is considered to be anything over 50 miles...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Well, close in that it only takes 2 hours to get there and it's accessable by interstate. It'd feel a lot farther away if it was, say, to the west of where i live - there are no major east-west roads in New England, meaning it can take 6 or more hours to go 130 miles from east to west, but 2 hours to go the same distance north-south.

Still, I'd like to be closer, but with my current situation and possible future situation that probably won't happen....

Chocofreak13

don't be so pessimistic.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I went to a family barbecue earlier today. The food was good...but, like with almost all gatherings with people on my mom's side, I have no idea who a majority of the people are, nor do they know me. Still, I enjoyed the food, along with seeing my uncle again; which made the trip worthwhile

NejinOniwa

1: Kill Everything
2: Procure Muffins
3: ???
4: PROFIT

I thought this was hideously funny at 3AM yesterday.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 09, 2011, 03:13:51 AM
1: Kill Everything
2: Procure Muffins
3: ???
4: PROFIT

I thought this was hideously funny at 3AM yesterday.

See Nej, this is why we never write comedy in the early morning. At least not funny comedy. If we're writing surreal comedy, then it's the best time of day.