Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

WOO! SLEEPY!!!!

I was wondering when you'd show up again... good to hear you have a (good?) job, that's more than a lot of people can say right now.

Nichi

@Choco: Maybe somebody they knew had this number before me? That's my best guess

Chocofreak13

@pentium: maybe. :\
@sleepy: a job is a job in this economy. i hope you get to a point where you can have a job that makes you happy. -w-
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

@Pent:
That's especially likely if you're using a prepaid.

@Choco:
Sad to hear about your malady, I hope you get well soon.

@Sleepy:
Welcome back, it's been awhile.  Hope your satisfaction with your current line of work improves.

About the FTL article, everyone is aware exactly what that means, right?  If it is indeed true, we'll need newer, more advanced theories on the relationship between energy and mass.  Certainly there are already a few out there, but many of them hinge on Einstein's idea that no mass could move faster than the speed of light.  I would love to do the time warp with you guys, but this is pretty ground-breaking, we could be on the verge of a whole new generation of physical concepts.  This is, of course, if the results are verified - we must allow time for the scientific method to do its thing.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Nichi

@Dan: It's a service operated by Tracfone, so that is likely

Well, today is the day the Dart finally leaves for good. My dad found somebody who is interested, and is trading it...for a beat-up truck with the exact same problems *facepalm*

IanDanKilmaster

Ah, mine's a Tracphone as well.  Am I right to assume you're using Straight Talk?  Yeah, it's especially common to get wrong numbers when using their service.  Honestly, I find the best practice is to just ignore any numbers you don't recognize - saves minutes.  That being said, if I were you, I'd try to figure out what the numbers for the places you applied to work are.

Chocofreak13

i usse tracphone too! ^^ though i've never had a problem with crank calls with my phone. :\

@idk: i was reading the article with my jaw open. it's really just amazing how far we've come in the field of scientific advancement. though i don't expect starships any time soon, this is still an earth shaking development. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Dan: Yeah, it's Straight Talk. Of course, I don't have to worry about minutes; I pay $45 a month for unlimited everything, which is really nice.

Bella

Not the Daaaaaaaaart!

sadface.jpg

Chocofreak13

lol. na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye~~~

@pentium: there must be a difference between the regular prepaid and straight talk, since i have the card-loaded kind and i've never gotten any weird calls on my phone. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I've had weird calls on my old Tracfone (Shortly after I got it), but it was actually worse than with my current phone number (Stupid tween girl nearly drained my minutes with her incomprehensible text messages before I told her to stop)

Which, my current number is only 1 digit different from my previous one :3

Chocofreak13

pretty cool that the numbers are so close. but what took you so long to get rid of the tween girl?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had barely had the phone for a week when I managed to get rid of her; my phone only having about 3 minutes left after her barrage of messages. Trying to make that last until I could buy some more was really hard

IanDanKilmaster

Oh yeah, I know how that is.  I actually got a pretty sweet deal on my phone, though.  It was 15$ for the phone + accessories and double minutes for life, so I bought 20$ worth of minutes (120min, rather than 60min)... so awesome.  Another note, the mistaken number thing is actually more likely to happen with a standard TracFone than say a Straight Talk phone.  This is mainly conjecture on my part, but I would guess that people change or reactivate TracFone phones more often than Straight Talk phones.  So that means their number gets changed more often, and since TracFone uses the numbers of other major carriers in your area (all depends on your type of phone), you will likely wind up with a number that has been well-used.  It can happen with either brand, and it's all really a matter of luck, depending on how long ago someone used the number you currently have and how many people have used it, as to whether you wind up getting pestered by some stranger.  The really cool thing about my phone is that there's an exploit that allows me to read incoming texts without using up any minutes.

Chocofreak13

lucky, i wish i could read them without it costing me. i occasionally get double messages and it'd be nice to know i can delete it without missing anything. :\

i've never have a problem with mixed up numbers. though there was one time when i got a text message in class only to find it was one of the automated "great deal!!" texts. ><;;

my phone was free <3 and it came with a double minutes card, too, so it makes getting minutes easier. :3

i got the same model phone for my mum for mother's day. :3 it was 10 bucks and came with a double minutes card, AND the last one left, AND the last day of the sale. her phone sucks, so i couldn't ignore a sign like that. ^^
click to make it bigger