Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Bella: Very nice. I haven't found anything worthwhile at local garage sales in quite a while, so I've been cutting back to save money

NejinOniwa

SPEAKING OF WHICH

This thursday, I returned safely in the hands of my faculty our trophy...

The Canola.
Pretty sure it's a model 130 (v2), ergo the commercial version of the one that was "the first-ever prototype of a ten-key all-transistor electronic calculator" (v1).

And it dates to...

HERP DERP ;3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Why are there two equals keys and no plus or minus keys?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

that's a doozy. cool paperweight, though, nej. :3

@bells: damn, you cleaned up! 2 vintage typewriters AND a commodore joystick, how cool. ^^ jealous of that ankh, too. >>;

@paul: what the hell is that game about? sounds interesting, to say the least.

went shopping today, and i'm going to soon begin building a model of this out of modeling clay and toothpicks. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: That sounds hard, but I have a feeling it's going to look awesome when it's done :)

Well, I did get past the tutorial on Disgaea 4; now finally up to the point where I can make characters...although, it has the same feature Disgaea 3 has; limiting the number of characters I can have until I get further into the game (Unlike the first 2, where I could go overboard as long as I had enough mana). So far, definitely enjoying it

Chocofreak13

hope it goes well. but the limiting feature is annoying. :\
click to make it bigger

Paul

Electroplankton is basically a music game. You make music by interacting with different "plankton" (alas touching them on the screen).

stewartsage

That sounds strangely amusing.  If I could actually play music of any sort.

Bella

I'm completely non-musical (amusical? lol) but i want a theremin. @_____@ They say it's easy to pick up, but really difficult to become competent at playing.

(Plus, it's the only instrument designed by a Soviet spy!)

Nichi

I wouldn't mind learning how to play a guitar, although it's one of those things I never really got around to. Besides, I don't have anywhere to safely store a guitar controller for my PS3 at the moment, let alone a real guitar

NejinOniwa

PLAY SAXOPHONE
TAKE TO PARTIES
BE THE AWESOMEST GUY AROUND
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i play a teeny tiny bit of piano. and i sing.

and i'd like to play the ocarina.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Play Drums for 9 years, Guitar for 2 years, Bass for 3 years, Keyboard Percussion for 6 years. Be guy everyone goes to for learning to play simple stuff.

anyway, Just wanted to say this.

As the day draws to a close here on the East Coast, may we reflect on the past Ten years since the 9/11 attacks. May we see how we have grown and reached new heights since then and how the day changed the lives of American's and people around the world forever. I may be a Brit, but I was born American and I'm proud of it even though I'm all ways on the edge when it comes down to the economy and some other things here in the states. I'm seen as a "last generation" child, in regards to I was old enough to still remember where I was when the attacks happened and the kids younger than me probably will not remember. I've come a long way since then, I've become tough and rugged compared to what I was in 2008 and before. I've had hardships, triumphs, and have learned that life is a hard experience when you rely on others to do your share of the work.

I will always remember where I was on this day Ten years ago; First grade music class, singing an American song. My father picked me up from school telling me something bad had happened. I watched it all unfold on TV the rest of the day, I watched the second plane, the collapse of tower 1 & 2, all of it. It still haunts me to this day even though I didn't lose anyone that day, but it made me who I am today and what I want to become, Military. Whether I join the Military here in America or over in The United Kingdom, I want to defend my people, my blood, my homeland.

And that's that.

I hope I haven't posted something terrible or wrong here, I'm just typing whats in my mind and in my heart.

May God Bless America and the families whom have lost so much, the city that has lost so much, the nation that is moving forward and rebuilding. 

Good luck to our troops as well, I'll be seeing all you in about 5 years!

Nichi

That was beautiful, Kraus

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger