Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

lol.

oh, btw guys, i just found out that my birthday is the day after barbie's.

lolwut.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

svx

Hey guise, I need halp finding a case for my rig!

I really like this:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129092

Lots of room is a +
Hard-drives able to be oriented properly (slide out from the side) to give my video card the room it needs is a +++++
Coolness factor is also ++++++
Carrying handles are also a ++
Looking like a Dewalt drill is so much of a ++++++++++++++++
But I don't know if I can justify spending nearly $200 on a case...

Any ideas or suggestions?

Chocofreak13

it has an average rating of 4 eggs out of 84 reviews, so quality's not a problem here. the question is, are you going to build on this pc later? is it going to be for gaming or something similarly tough(art, programming, etc)? do you have money to burn? are you willing to wait?

if the answer to the last question is yes, then you might consider saving till christmas/[insert end-of-year holiday here] and getting it for yourself then.

either way, it has free shipping.
click to make it bigger

svx

@choco  Hmm... Good points, all!

It's for art, programming, aaaand gaming!  The rest of the rig is going to be this stuff:

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard (pure black! look at all those PCI-Express ports...  Drooling...

AMD 1100T Phenom II X6 Black Edition CPU

OCZ RevoDrive 50gb PCI-Express SSD (already purchased, should be here today!)

And... an unknown video card that I haven't decided on yet...  Probably some <$300 nVidia

I really don't want to wait though :(  I've been putting off upgrading for a long time.  I'd also like to buy a case for my brother as a gift since he's getting the same system too, but, I don't want to spend like fifty-million dollars on this adventure  :p

Chocofreak13

think of it this way: buy it for yourself now, and if he likes it, make it his christmas/[insert end-of-year holiday here] present. :3
click to make it bigger

svx

Hehehe, that might be a good idea :p

I'll look around for just a couple more days before I decide!  I haven't found any cases that are even close to being as cool as that one so far, but maybe I'll get lucky and find something that's a bit cheaper or a bit cooler, or both :p

Chocofreak13

check other sites, too. ^^ maybe ebay has a cheaper used one. ^^
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 02, 2011, 09:06:27 AM
if you can run WoW, photoshop, AND youtube at the same time, w/o lag, i'll be impressed, lol.
Both my computers will do that, WoW is not very demanding imo, even on ultra.
Mac will run aim, skype, the app store, mail, all my tabs in safari, a nyan-cat based youtube video, iTunes, pixelmator and sto at the same time without a shrug of the shoulders.

I'm not sure what G6 will do, as I didn't bother installing anything but Teamspeak, Vent and Safari.

Chocofreak13

can we change the subject? i was kidding with that comment and i don't want this to devolve into another OS superiority war. :[

....why do i have a sudden urge to play Yu-Gi-Oh?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Maybe it's because you're feeling a connection with the heart of the cards?

Krizonar

because Yu-gi-oh is secretly very epic and I believe in the heart of the ca-*draws a kuriboh*arap.

as for SVX, I have a 2.8 GHz 1055T X6 BE I'm not using, want to buy it off me?

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

WELCOME HOME, MASUTA.

THERE IS BANANA BREAD BURNING IN THE OVEN.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm trying to update my iBook. It's going good so far, although I first have to find QuickTime Player 7 for it before I can attempt to use Skype...