Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svx

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 23, 2011, 12:11:57 AM
@svx: yes it was a girl. :\
@pentium: me and my sister had one of the dumbest fights ever: who gets the front seat. when i finally surrendered the seat, calling her a baby in the process (she was really acting like one), she hit the side of my eye and clawed my back. :\

Sorry to hear it

Sisters shouldn't fight :(

Nichi

I have everything in place now for when I have the house to myself in a few days. This is going to be awesome

Chocofreak13

@pentium: enjoy. ^^
@svx: you're about 15 years too late for that. :\
@paul: yeesh, and i thought apple was supposed to be streamlined or something. hopefully it'll be a graphics masterpiece in return....
@red: at least the guy is offering solutions. if he was just hacking stuff to show the flaws of it w/o offering solutions, then it'd be kinda mean. but it's nice that he's offering solutions. :3

oh, and the next person at my college that tells me that macs are superior, i'm totally going to dangle that over them, >:3
click to make it bigger

Bella

So you'll never guess where I am.

: ShowHide
Maryland, bitches.

stewartsage

Bells: Oh, oh, I knew that!

Kari: Macs are far from superior.  So are Windows.  In the hypothetical situation where someone offered me a Macbook and a <insert preferred Windows brand here>, I would punch them in the head and take both.

Spoiler: ShowHide
And probably install a weird Linux distro on the Windows.

So I spent the last hour chained up in a historic national monument.  Not going to lie, I love this job.  First person interpretation isn't too bad either except when your guard suddenly switches stories up on you.

Paul

So I fired up the Bladecenter today (sounds like an airplane btw) and guess what? There was Win2K3 installed on all 8 blades O_O. And those passwords are incredibly easy to reset *hrhr*. There's nothing of much interest on there, just a SQL server and some SAP tools... but this is a MAJOR fail of the security department of the company who owned that server...

Nichi

You know, I learned something today; there are people out there who still use AOL

I learned this while I was at Wal-Mart earlier; over down at magazines, flipping through one on Apple products (Curious about the article mentioned on the cover about controlling your BBQ grill with an iPhone), when this older man came up (About as old as my grandpa) and just stood there staring at me. I though I was in his way, so I stepped aside, but then he asked if I was a computer expert, judging by the magazine I was reading. Since he seemed nice, I said yeah, which then lead to him asking questions involving the subject. At first, it was stuff like "How much RAM do you need these days?", "Are external hard drives any good?", and "Do you use Windows or something else?", but when he heard I use Windows, it got to where he was trying to have me figure out why something isn't working on AOL. He didn't seem to understand that I have never used AOL, so I have no idea what he's talking about, on top of the fact I was trying to read, but he kept interrupting me. I did finally get away, by pulling out my phone and pretending I was getting a call from my dad; giving me a chance to slip away.

To be honest, this is a time where it would have come in handy to suppress my inner PC and say that I only use Macs. He doesn't need to know that I like both

Bella

Today I wandered: ShowHide
Washington DC. ALL BY MYSELF, BITCHES!!!
I must have walked five or six miles, all though mid-90 degree heat; luckily I didn't sustain much in the way of solar irradiation, but my feet are murdering me. (A relative gave me a pair of shoes to wear that will hopefully be more agreeable). Did I mention having several near-if-not-outright spiritual moments as I picked my way through the city? Going into the Hirshhorn Museum and realizing that I'd just walked into a real-life version of one of my recurring Infinite Labyrinth of Strange Rooms and Hallways dreams? Or the part about becoming near-hopelessly lost and having to navigate an alien subway system but never loosing my head? Yeah.

Quote from: stewartsage on July 24, 2011, 10:14:27 AM
Bells: Oh, oh, I knew that!

Good boy, you've earned yourself a raincheck for an irl nom. ^w^

QuoteKari: Macs are far from superior.  So are Windows.  In the hypothetical situation where someone offered me a Macbook and a <insert preferred Windows brand here>, I would punch them in the head and take both.

And probably install a weird Linux distro on the Windows.

And ANOTHER one........ (for both hypothetically accepting a Mac, and suggesting you'd convert the heathen Windows machine to a nice *nix based system) :3

QuoteSo I spent the last hour chained up in a historic national monument.  Not going to lie, I love this job.

AND another - you'd better cash these in when I see you tomorrow. >w>

NejinOniwa

Well, well. Someone sure is causing inflation on the market with all these rainchecks... =W=
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Please don't kill the dollar value...

NejinOniwa

By all means, PLEASE DO JUST THAT. >:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on July 24, 2011, 06:32:14 PMfor both hypothetically accepting a Mac, and suggesting you'd convert the heathen Windows machine to a nice *nix based system :3

Excuse me while I go buy a £15,000 Mac Pro and install Windows Vista on it. *whistles gleefully*
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on July 24, 2011, 06:52:04 PM
By all means, PLEASE DO JUST THAT. >:3

nooooooo, if the dollar falls then America will turn in on its self and fail! I DON'T WANT THAT, unless I'm living in Europe than I don't want it to happen...

In other news, might get this imported just because it looks really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906SBSxbymo&feature=related

Better than what is offered right now in the US (MODARN FAGGOTRY 2222222)

Krizonar

Ignoring all the racism again, I took my test to enter college under my major and missed one question: where is the help option in Internet Explorer?
A very biased question, but still,
Priceless.

Nichi

To be fair, I probably would have missed that one too. After all, I haven't regularly used Internet Explorer since 5.5, and that's only because the version of Netscape I had access to was painfully outdated.