Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Hearing all these travel stories makes me sad that my cousin STILL HASN'T CALLED ME BACK. The ONE trip, ONE TRIP, I really wanted to do and actually COULD do (unlike the San Fran trip, which could easily soar into the multi-thousands, or the trip to Nova Scotia, which would require long distances driving and a passport among other things) has been thwarted by NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND A PLACE TO STAY. What the hell ever happened to the days of spontaneous travel? >_________________<

I just feel like sitting at home for the rest of the summer, 'cause it's already been ruined for me. : (

Nichi

@Bella: That sounds about how my summer plans went. Because my mom insisted on wanting to do something big for my 20th birthday back in April, I suggested a family vacation sometime in the summer. She liked the plan at the time, but now she doesn't seem interested; because it's going to be too expensive.

So, my big plans for the summer, and my belated 20th birthday gift from my parents, are both shot down at once.

stewartsage

In other news, tomorrow I have to march around and fire my musket a hell of a lot of times.

Gonnabealotofcleaningman

*hugs Bells* There there..... I can put you up for a few days at least, but not a whole week....

Chocofreak13

@bells: don't be so mopey. you're acting like hanging out with us is like going to hell. >:\
and the days of spontaneous travel involved staying at hostels. so if you want to, do that. :\
@kraus: the first meal the demon is recieving  on his 3rd trip to america is pizza. not quite ROSMT, but it's something.
@pitkin: why the quotes? :\

demon is here! other than that, i'm hungry. ><; and tired. and possibly getting up early tomorrow. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

The processor is on the side of the freeway in the car~~ at home; awaiting the arrival of Fuuka (My Mac Mini) via UPS, which should be here tomorrow

zjhentohlauedy

I just bought a fake Black rock shooter nendroid =D

gonna be so much funnn
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

@nej: YES YOU ARE! >:3
@pentium: good luck! post pics when you can! ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Of course you can expect pics of Fuuka when she arrives. Also, some pics of Bulbasaur (Since it was brought back) among other various things

Chocofreak13

i need to find my camera's cord. clean room is quite the momentous occasion. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Let us celebrate with feasting, drink, and dancing!  *gets out granola bar and water*

Yaaaaay

Paul

When I get home I'm gonna take some pics of Blackwidow (my new Bladecenter)
Thing has 12 Xeons inside ATM (4 dual-xeon blades, 4 single xeon blades) and all in all 16 73GB HDs (2 in every blade).
Haven't been able to power it up yet since those PSUs have highly unusual connectors and I'm missing the proper cables, but I'm gonna get them somehow.
And that thing has two fans that rather look like turbines *.* They are HUGE!

Back to Paris:
Hotel: best one ever had on a school trip. (friendly personnel, good food, nice and modern rooms)
Paris: awesome city, but I've already made some negative experiences with the underground (ticket machine didn't work and the others didn't wait up for me so I got lost and wandered around frantically, got lost in the station... Then I forgot what line to use so I tried phoning my friends... after 35 mins I eventually got through and then somehow managed to take the proper one.)
Somehow that was really scary, all alone in that big station if you don't know where to go (and you can't ask anyone since you forgot the name of the hotel)

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on July 01, 2011, 07:03:11 PM
In other news, tomorrow I have to march around and fire my musket a hell of a lot of times.

Gonnabealotofcleaningman

*hugs Bells* There there..... I can put you up for a few days at least, but not a whole week....

Sounds fun. >w<

*returns hug* Well I was only going to stay for a few days, but I have a feeling that I was only going to be allowed to go (am being allowed to go?) because of the familial supervision part. -w-; Otherwise, that would be really awesome. ;w; *hugs more*

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 01, 2011, 07:24:00 PM
@bells: don't be so mopey. you're acting like hanging out with us is like going to hell. >:\

I will be mopey if I want to be mopey.

I moped around the Boston MoS when I discovered the old computers were gone and I was surrounded by freakin' three-story-tall Van De Graaf generators and Foucault pendulums and dinosaur skeletons and LIVE MONKEYS. It basically would have been the happiest place on earth, if I had been able to see those old computers, because my heart had been set on doing that for months. But because I didn't get to see what I wanted to, it was more depressing for me than anything else. I moped for the six hours I was there, I moped for the rest of the summer*, and I still regret not dragging my family by the ear there when they actually had the exhibit.

TL;DR: If I can be distraught over not being able to see a fragment of one of my favorite computers, I can sure as hell be mopey about not being able to spend a few days in a city I've wanted to visit since childhood and getting to spend a day - two, tops - with my boyfriend (which probably won't happen until next summer if I don't end up going this year), while you get to spend an entire month having fun with your Swede. -w-

TL;DR part II: It's not that I don't want to hang out with you - it's just that, when something I have my heart set on doesn't happen, psychologically-speaking there's really no recovering from that. -w-;;;

*The MoS trip DIDN'T ruin my entire summer, it was already ruined when that happened and actually got much, much worse, to the point where everything that happened to me was disappointing and I was left a shell-shocked husk of a human being, wondering what near-comedic-in-scale misfortune would befall me next. But I would say it was the straw that broke the camel's back - the culmination of all those disappointments - and the thing that made me, well... snap slightly, to the point where I refuse to travel with my family during the summer anymore.

Nichi

Well, there was a slight miscalculation on my part; because of the holiday, the Mini won't be here until Tuesday. So, the copy of Snow Leopard I had shipped overnight from Amazon will actually arrive before the Mac I bought it for

Also, at a garage sale this morning, I bought a bag with some assorted video game stuff in it...and some dice (d20s and the like) that look like they're older than I am.

Bella

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

DC trip has been greenlighted by my cousin, he and his wife and kids are in agreement about letting me stay at their place.

I can start doing SRS PLANNAGE NAO. THIS MEANS I NEEDZ TO OBTAIN TRAIN TICKETS, GOOD WALKING SHOES + SMALL CAMERA + SPF 2000 SUNBLOCK AND AIR-CONDITIONED SUIT AND AN INNATE KNOWLEDGE OF DC GEOGRAPHY IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.