Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I should have tinkered with compatibility settings on the ones that did successfully install, like Lego Racers, since there is a chance that I could have got them to work. Much to my dismay, one of the games that wouldn't install at all was Star Wars: Dark Forces II, because the original retail version used a 16-bit installer for some stupid reason. However, I could buy it on Steam and bypass that issue entirely...

Also, according to Lego Racers 2, 8GB of RAM is "not enough"...for a game that requires a minimum of 256MB

stewartsage

Train ride to and from far Maryland, tasty food stuffs, watching family members ice dance.  Yeah that was a day off well spent I think.

Chocofreak13

CHUUUUPA CHUUUUPS~~~
click to make it bigger

Nichi

At last, my SSD arrived; with UPS never ringing the doorbell or anything to signal that it's arrived. I'm now reinstalling Windows 7, after fighting with the mess of wires inside 2k-tan (One of the downsides of my case; it's hard to work on anything because of all the wires going everywhere. Expect to see a picture of the internal madness sometime soon).

@stew: Sounds like a train ride I took about 5 years ago. 'Twas fun

Chocofreak13

@pentium: ide formats always work like that. so many flat cables everywhere.....
it's ok, though :3

also, UPS has a bad habit of just dropping stuff on the doorstep. it's why we use FedEx most of the time now. :\

(and chupa chups are an amazing-tastic candy >>; )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It's not the IDE (Or rather in her case, SATA) cables that are the problem; it's really the power supply's cables wasting most of the space, because of how far they have to travel inside this case.

Anyway, Windows 7 is reinstalled and reactivated. Now, I'm trying to get drivers for everything installed again; which is a pain, because the only drivers for my graphics card I have easy access to cause poor 2k to BSOD.

Chocofreak13

o__o

there must be something else...
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah there is; I just have to download updated drivers (The ones included on the CD with the card are very buggy; which, everybody who buys this card suggests ignoring the CD and instead downloading the drivers from AMD's website).

svx

I will write drivers for your hardware if you pledge to switch to DOS
and stick with it
forever
and ever
and ever

But srsly, switch to DOS! Screw Steam and Notepad and whatever else, you've got Keen and Arachne

NejinOniwa

Can whoever is responsible for creating insomnia please step forward? I have a head to chop off.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

AND I'M BACK FROM A MONTH'S HAITUS

ANYONE MISS ME?
My my, aren't you lovely~

svx

I know who it was, Nej-kun

IT WAS ME

!

I did it for the lulz!

Nichi

@svx: MS-DOS? That's 1\2 of what the Yeti is for; the other half is 98SE

@Nejin: Take sleeping pills. They solve everything

@zen: I was wondering what happened to you. Welcome back

zjhentohlauedy

lol i dunno why but i felt like leaving this place for  a bit. >_<

anything notable happen?
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

@zen: yeah. alot did. someone give him the rundown.

also, Jem is awesome and should be revived for the lulz. :3 and i'm not just saying that because it's nearing the stupid hour.

and i found some more os-tan pics.
click to make it bigger