Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Apparently one of my sister's teachers was "being mean" (I've never been told the entire story), so she pulled her from public school and refused to ever let me go; instead homeschooling us, and briefly being part of a Christian-oriented homeschool group (Until the group disbanded by the time I was in 3rd grade). It's almost like the butterfly effect; one little decision my mom made has come back to fuck me over several years later...

Bella

Much of my school career was (is? lol) homeschool-based. Well, correspondence school to be correct, a fully accredited program with planned curricula that my parents, sometimes tutors, would administer. Not a matter of religiousness on my family's part, it was mostly due to the atrocious public school system of the Florida Keys, then the mediocre school system of central NH, to say nothing of my general disdain for kids my own age and eventual unwillingness to attend a public school because this way was fuckdamn less emotionally-taxing.

I've also been Catholic school'd... again, not based on religious preferences, just the cheapest private school that we could afford.

Occasionally I wonder what my life would be like if I my education had taken a more conventional route, I figure that I would either be 1) Far more well-adjusted than I am now, 2) JADED AS ALL FUCK, 3) Dead, or 4) Some combination of previous options.

Nichi

Sometimes I wonder if my life would be better had I actually gone to a public school; however, I try not to think about it too much so I don't make myself depressed...

Anyway, I tried to take on the Algebra part of the GED practice test, but conveniently the site I'm taking it on is down right now; which halts my progress.

Chocofreak13

......i'd say that i'm the only one here who was "within 'normal' criteria" by society's standards, but that's not true.
just in a different way from you guys. :\

also: in reference to the episode of SVU i'm watching: WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN OH GOD ;^;
and the other day i discovered one of the worst smells ever: hot, wet grass shavings.

oh, and i hit a few more veins of pics. the picbomb grows! >:3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, on a much more lighthearted note, the Windows 2000 shirt I ordered a few days ago (The one I posted a link to earlier in the topic) arrived in the mail today; about 3 days ahead of schedule. It's really comfortable; expect to see some pics of me wearing it within the next few days, and with a strong chance of at least one of the pics having me wearing a bowtie (Since I finally have a shirt that a bowtie would look right with).

@Choco: I'd ask what it was that you can can't be unseen, but I'm not sure if I really want to know this close to bedtime...

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i went back 5 pages and i couldn't find said pic. well, i suppose there'll be pics of the shirt to come. :3

and no, you really don't want to see it. this isn't a slasher fan forum. o__o;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So what you saw was like something out of a slasher film? Yeah, I definitely don't want to know...

Also, I posted a link to the listing for the shirt not long after you posted the link to an OS-tan doujin you found (Which I'm considering ordering one of them once I have a working scanner; which, since I can't read Japanese, I'd likely attempt a blind idiot translation for comedic purposes while sending the raw scans to someone who can properly translate them)

Chocofreak13

lol. i have a guy on another site who might be able to translate it for us. :3

and it's so sad and creepy. (i won't post it unless it's requested ><; )
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

eh, you'll get through it. better'n repeating a year. :\

also, suck-ass news, guys: the new veins i was mining for pics are gone (mostly). my browser crashed, and in a rare occurrence, took all my tabs with it. ><;;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

it was supposed to, but it didn't this time. >:\

i had to go to summer school in middle school. it kinda sucked. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I'm drawing random doodles...with my mouse gestures.

-______-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

i just drunk week old soda.

bleh.

Chocofreak13

if it was anything but ginger ale, it was gross, am i right? (if it was coke, that was just a mistake.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Flat soda is just wrong. I remember when I was younger, drinking a can of Diet Coke that had been left open in the fridge for close to a week; which, not only was it very flat, but the unpleasant taste of a flat Diet Coke made me sick.

Since that day, I say no to diet sodas; get me a real Coca-Cola.