Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Likely, if Pentium II where a girl, she'd be named Gardenia

Chocofreak13

and a boy? rodney 2.0? xDD
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

It depends on what she wants, really.
So far, we haven't talked about that I don't think.

Nichi

@Choco: I actually haven't though of any boy names. Of course, if I was as famous as Frank Zappa, I could name name him Pentium and nobody would question it (Case in point: Moon Unit)

Chocofreak13

lol. that sounds dirty.

@aurora: i had an ex boyfriend like that. i'm still cool with adopting, and that was the original plan, but a few years ago hormones kicked in and i suddenly had the urge to get all fat and preggers.
always wanted kids, though. :3
@kris: yeah, don't talk about having kids unless you're speaking of FAAR into the future or you're about to get engaged.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Listing to The Red Army Choir, such great strong Soviet music!

Krizonar

We've talked about sex before, we're fine with having it later, probably after marriage, but not right now, right now too early.

Nichi

I wish I'd hear back from that guy with that MacBook; I'd like to see some pics of it, but it's been over a day with no response

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 28, 2011, 07:13:52 PM
I can't understand why people continue to breed either! I know it's a primal instinct, but it's possible to triumph over it with intellect and good judgment. But most people can't be bothered to overcome it.

*hugs Aurora*

AMEN SISTAH! And amen to the adopting part too. I think it's horrible that there are so many children who need parents, yet many people who want children insist upon them being "their own". If I ever find myself with enough financial and personal stability to raise a child and get the urge to be a mommy, the adoption (or fostering) route will be the first one I consider...

Though I can't imagine that happening, since 1) I am of questionable psychological stability 2) my partner would likely be of questionable psychological stability 3) kids would get in the way when it comes to adventuring and traveling and giving each other undivided attention and whatnot.  ~w~

Chocofreak13

@bella: well, alot of foster children are of questionable psychological stability, so maybe it's a good fit. :\

even with my own kids, i'd still like to foster. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I found it annoying at work the other day, when one of my dad's coworkers tried to tell me that going to college would be better for me than having a girlfriend. If I had to choose between being alone but having a PhD or cleaning bedside commodes but having someone by my side to give a shit about me cleaning shit, I'd take the latter.

Krizonar

Katarina's like that too, she views education more important than a relationship. Which I guess is ok, because we can always just be in one later, we obviously like each other, but it is a bit discouraging... :(

Nichi

Of course, the guy who said that went through a rough divorce, so obviously he's not the go-to person for relationship advice (His usual advice is "Don't waste your time with women; work on a car or go to college")

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Krizonar on May 28, 2011, 10:08:30 PM
education more important than a relationship.

This right here, the sole reason why I have a hard time talking to my parents about relationships

"Hey, Kraus, have you got a girlfriend yet?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I have my own reasons"

"If you act like that you'll never get a girlfriend..."

"Whatever."

I know my dad would bust my chops about it and my mom wouldn't think its the right path I should be taking but hanging out alot with people does have an effect on me. I used to hang out with people all the time at the beginning of the year, my grades and attitude were at its peak but when I started to hang out with them less and less, I started to let my grades slip a bit. I guess I have to admit that I tend to be a bit lonely because I haven't hung out with anyone in a while, one of my friends has shut himself out quite a bit because he wants to start concentrating on collage (His older brother is a Soviet-child prodigy whom he gets to follow his achievements while I'm stuck setting the example) and another just plays TF2 all night, when he gets home he is playing from 4:00 PM to around 5:00 AM which he then wakes up at 6:00 AM and he only talks about TF2 experiences. I had a really good friend whom I was really close to but we had a fight which caused a fall out, most of my friends tend to hang out with him because he is wealthy.

Shit, who am I kidding? I'm just a lonely SOB...

sorry if I went out on a rant here, don't mind me.

[/rant] 

Krizonar

I just wish she shared my views about those two things.

To me, she is my motivation to get education, a relationship would make me feel motivated more and feel better about myself. She thinks it'd get in the way and distract her (which is mainly the sole reason we're not official), I think the opposite.