Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@pentium: CHASE IT!!!
@kraus: sounds like expensive fun. :\

both my externals are actually internals....
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

500 gig SSD here,
with a 500 gig HDD that connects via usb, firewire 400 and 800.

Nichi

I didn't have any cash on me right now, otherwise I would. However, I hope it isn't a sign that Dr. Insano is screwing with Hypertime again; last time he did that, I turned into a penguin as Inspector Gadget was breakdancing in mid-air to Run-DMC.

@Kraus: That 500GB SSD must have cost you a fortune; the 128GB one I'm going for costs nearly as much as the Core i7 I bought

Chocofreak13

i love that all my tech was FREE. i didn't even pay for speedy (though after i broke her we had to pay to get her fixed, but it was peanuts compared to what i would have payed for this laptop new).
-w-
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I have yet to get anything free, even that crappy netbook I haven't touched in months I bargained $20 for.

@Pheromones MK XI: 500 gigs of solid state? better believe it.

Nichi

Of the members of my fleet, only the Yeti and Frankenstein Classic I didn't have to pay for (The Yeti was originally bought by my mom, who then passed it down to my sister, who then passed it down to me, while Frankenstein Classic was built using assorted spare parts my great uncle gave me). The least I've spent was $5 on the PC that became the current version of Frankenstein, and the most I've spent is $1,500+ so far on 2k-tan the Desktop (I hope to have her finished at close to $2,000; bringing a 2nd meaning to her name)

NejinOniwa

500 Gigs of SSD? I would lick that like I would a 500l box of lemon sherbet. OwO
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@nej: that sounds a little too hot. .////.
@pentium: sheesh, that's alot. *__*; were you aiming to spend 2000 bucks or is that a coincidence?
@kriz: i get things free partly by knowing people, partly by asking, partly by fishing stuff out of the garbage. :3

i don't wanna miss who's line tonight, but i don't feel well......so i might go to bed early tonight (early meaning 11ish instead of 1ish).

maybe the pie i was gonna have later will make me feel better. :[
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

The Silver Supreme was about $2800, the 500 gb SSD included, though, of course.

Apparently 500 of that is a rare treat, the largest I've seen is 256.

Nichi

The $2,000 budget was planned from the beginning, because that was the cheapest price on a new Alienware desktop, but the name I chose was a coincidence; it wasn't until later that I realized the 2nd meaning that name had for the build

Bella

Luci was diagnosed as having some sort of immune system disorder that's making white blood cells attack her red blood cells, causing severe anemia (and eventually organ failure). The vet gave her a steroid injection + appetite enhancer and is going to start her on medication tomorrow, hopefully she'll start eating again and regain some strength...

I've been on edge all day and holding back from crying pretty much the entire time, I'm just so worried about her...

Chocofreak13

*hug* these sort of conditions are usually manageable, bells. my friend's cat lived with a thyroid condition for over 6 years. :[

either way, it'll be ok. you gotta believe that, or the grief will devour you. ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Just remain calm and believe that everything will be ok, and Luci will return to her normal self in no time at all.

Remember: Don't Panic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I started reading Geometry for Dummies last night. Once I'm finished with that and boost my score on that section, I then just have to figure out algebra...although, seeing as Einstein failed that subject in school, I don't see why I have to pass it.