Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Yeah; some cops will honestly find anything to ticket you for. After all, one of my sister's friends got a ticket for "Failing to come to a complete stop during a turn". The funny thing about that was how right after that guy got the ticket, the officer did the exact same thing that guy was just ticketed for.

Got to love the police force in my town...

Chocofreak13

well, the police in the town over pulled my cousin out of a movie theater and made her cry for no reason. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I generally have little faith in my town's police force as it is

When I got into a wreck in midsummer last year (It was a very minor fender-bender; nothing happened to my car aside from the brakes locking up and the loose gravel on the road functioning as ball bearings, while the people I hit ended up with a slightly cracked rear bumper), the police officer jumped to the conclusion that I was texting while speeding in a construction zone (Which it wasn't; the construction zone was a good 3 miles up the road from where the wreck occurred) and refused to hear my side of the story out; instead writing me a $250 ticket that was due before my next payday and causing me to have a complete emotional breakdown once I got home because of trying to figure out I was going to get that ticket paid in time.

Thankfully, my sister was able to lend me some money to help pay for it in time, because I was close to parting ways with Asagi to stay afloat; something I knew I'd regret if I had gone through with it.

(Engage mood whiplash)
...But enough about the depressing crap; let's move onto a subject that's happier. Something like...I don't know; monkeys or something

Krizonar

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 16, 2011, 03:24:15 PM
You know, I though of something completely random while we're on the subject of cars: if one where to drive backwards, but going with the flow of traffic, it is illegal or not?

Very illegal.

VERY.

Chocofreak13

i has cereal. since i put the soup in the fridge. :3

oh, and i got free ice cream and a free cactus section today. :3 sadly, i left the cactus section at my grandparent's house by accident. >__<;

but i got to pet a fluffy orange kitty with a stumpy tail and one eye! <3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

*CJ major whistles into the topic*

Awesome kitty is awesome!

So it's less then a week before I ship off to Harper's Ferry and I still don't know if I have internet.  No TV though, so still stockpiling books and anime for the summer.  Whole stack of new dollar anime too and a book of quizzes for (your) fictional characters.

Chocofreak13

you'd better exchange cell phone numbers with someone, so you'll know what's going on. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

*clings to Stewart-kun and preemptively sobs* ;_____;

If they don't have TV I can't imagine they'd have internet. >>; I'll send you my phone number + po box info. D:

Chocofreak13

will send cell number upon request.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

No, they have TV.  I just have to pay for cable, and broadcast channels are.... expected to be iffy.  My division commander said we had internet in the building because the office below had it.  This may involve hacking in CAT5 cable to get internet.

I appreciate the offer Kari, but I don't have much cell time.  I have your (and Bells') address though, so I'll make sure and write.

Nichi

@stew: I can't really do much, but I can attempt to build you a satellite dish out of a paperclip and some clay. Although, how you'd get it to work to access the internet is the part I haven't figured out yet...

Chocofreak13

@stew: kay. i haven't gotten snail mail that wasn't college crap, medical appointments or coupons in months! ^^
@pentium: trying to channel mcgeyver, huh?

hey guys:
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/because-every-country-is-the-best-at-something/#

:3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

yep. :\ of course, i'm also from the countries with the most nuclear power and the best hospital beds! >:3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Oooh, serial killers. owo

Quote from: stewartsage on May 16, 2011, 11:02:17 PM
No, they have TV.  I just have to pay for cable, and broadcast channels are.... expected to be iffy.  My division commander said we had internet in the building because the office below had it.  This may involve hacking in CAT5 cable to get internet.

I appreciate the offer Kari, but I don't have much cell time.  I have your (and Bells') address though, so I'll make sure and write.

Haaaaack awaaaaay. >W<

And yes that's why I don't use my cellphone often... my current plan is only 100 minutes a month, and those tend to get used up quite quickly. =__=