Main Menu

What's your gender?

Started by panda, September 08, 2005, 09:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaereth

Yeah, it is it. There are things in the world more interesting than drinking alchohol. For example making cakes ;012
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Seamore

You seem really into it at making cakes Vaereth. Wish I have the ability to create cake. I cook fine but somehow when baking a cake the result is almost always....less desireable. And good for you for no alcohol.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

NejinOniwa

Screw cake! Make Lembas!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Vaereth

Seamore
Thanks ^_^ Yeah but the other abilities of cooking from the first try was not as good as making cakes :rolleyes:

NejinOniwa
If you show me the recipe, I will try to do it ;)

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Seamore

Lembas huh? It is good, BUT I LOVE CAKES. I even had a dream when I'm still highschool to open my own cake shop/cafe. Perhaps one day when I had enough of my job and collect enough money, I'll reconsider this dream again.
And Vaereth if you have any kind of tips of how making a cake, I will be so happy if you share it. Since even with recipe, I still sometimes screw up.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

NejinOniwa

Recipe, hell yeah!
It's my own custom recipe, made out of something I saw on the 'net, and customized until it was easy to make. Originally it's supposed to be small wafers or something, but that's to bothersome to make, so I make them as flat, soft cookie-stuffy things. Delicious-er.

6 eggs
1-3 dl honey
Grated orange peel from 1 orange
2 decilitre almonds
50 grams melted butter
2-2 ½ liters of wheat flour (can substitute with Durum wheat flour if you have it)
(Optional) 4 decilitre dinkel flour
1 tsp salt

Grind the almonds in a blender or the like. Mix the eggs, orange peel,
 honey with the ground almonds in a food processor of your choice.
 add half of the flour and mix until it becomes smooth,
then add the rest of the flour and the salt, and mix again. When it is smooth (alternately when it's getting so hard your machine barely can spin),
 JAM IT IN a sheet pan and put it in the oven at 200 C for about 15 minutes. If your dough is halfway to or all the way to rock hard and you're forced to spend 15 minutes mashing away at it to make it flat, you're DOING IT RIGHT, so don't worry.
Remove the plate when the bread has turned gold brown and has formed a crust. Pay attention to the oven at all times - shit can burn pretty fast, and you'll want to remove it just before it starts to burn.
I recommend cutting the bread in squares. Don't let it cool for too long if you're going to eat it fresh - otherwise, package them in plastic bags. Lembas bread is, after all, magnificent and nutritious compact food - with the only downside being its weight (heavy as hell). Bring it for your next outdoor hike, long test or something else like that!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Vaereth

Nejin
Thanks, i'll try to do it and tell about the results ^_^
Seamore
Love cakes too but to make it myself I dare only two days ago :D  and if i have any tips ( сuz it is my first try i just follow the recipe in book that i have found)  i'll tell you ;)

Smokey

If you want any more recipes, i have my dads Cordon Bleu cookbook so i can look 'em up for you...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

thanks for recipie nej-san, i print and make sometime. :3

btw, next year i hope to take an international foods class, in which i plan to attempt my favorite soup (besides cambell's chicken noodle =P ), minestrone. i'm gonna get a recipie off the net eventually and tweak it to my fancy. once i do it good, i'll post the recipie for you guys!

if you want, i could post my recipie for apple pie or maybe the secret one for my cookies of evil. :3
click to make it bigger

Vaereth

Smokey
It would be nice ^_^ I don't cook more than common meals such as soup, steak or pancakes but sometimes I want to cook something special
Chocofreak13

Want to here them! recipie of apple pie and other things ^_^

Chocofreak13

COOKIES OF EVIL! >:3 too bad i lost the recipie 5 years ago.....
but i'll find it! i promise!

as for the apple pie, i'll get that to you soon. :3
click to make it bigger

Vaereth

Chocofreak13
Ok thanks ^_^
Btw i like cookies in the same way as pies ^_^

Smokey

I can ask my brother-in-law to give me the recipe for pudging (don't know how it's spelled, but it's pronounced like tha...-ish, crazy brazilians...)... that stuff is pure genius... and loaded with calories, btw, as is most brazilian food... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

Wow thanks alot if you give it to me ^_^ Want to taste brazilian food ^_^ Hmm pudgish...resembles some fizzy thing :D
And about Russian food...wil seach for everybody some tradition russian desert  or meal recipe if you like ^_^

Smokey

Cool... that would be nice... Only Russian recipe i know of is Borscht, but that has about 1001 variations depending on wich region you're at... (also has a lot of different spellings... ^_^)
Thanks Fedora-sama