Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Deleted. Wow, that was the most spam I've had to delete in a day!

Chocofreak13

we's gettin RAID'd!! everyone head for the fallout shelter!! ;___;
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

I may have already stored some hazardous things there...

Chocofreak13

hmmmm, all seems quiet NOW, but this is only a day after nej's post, so it's like just waiting for the next spammer to pop up..... ._____.;

and it's pretty clear that after miyazaki-sama called ipad users masturbation addicts that we don't want them.

as of right now, i haven't seen any new spam, will post if i do...
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Posting that probably drew them in.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Fedora-Tan

Upgrading forum would definitely cut off spam... still not wanting it ? :p

Chocofreak13

@fedora: it sounds costly, doesn't it? and what ever happened to that pruning program (delete users w/ under so many posts and inactive for so much time)?

does the spam never end?
click to make it bigger

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"@fedora: it sounds costly, doesn't it? and what ever happened to that pruning program (delete users w/ under so many posts and inactive for so much time)?

does the spam never end?

No, it's a dedicated server so i'm the only one to decide what and which version i install on it. Would just take some time, no money.

About the prune program, it's not something i initiated but i don't really see why it would solve anything ?  ;018

NejinOniwa

True enough. We might need to reconsider our software if things continue like this...it MIGHT just be unlucky posting and summer invasion doing it, since we hardly have that much otherwise; especially that iPad post, among others. Spambots, like many others, commonly use search keys to find places where posts relevant to their spam or whatnot can be found, and then do the låda going about the place with their posting. Us generally being so extremely irrelevant to the common market that the spam is looking for is likely a large factor to us managing to avoid it as much as we have, despite having little to no protection at all; if we stray outside and into the main post stream, we are in greater danger of getting more shit in our fan, so to speak.
One (i think) simple solution would be some sort of first-post captcha check, or whatnot, of the kind that 4chan uses nowadays; if not, then it's upgrade time.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS