Vista-tan's Personality

Started by EmiOfBrie, February 19, 2007, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteAnd... ;_; Vistan sometimes can be a meany OS....
I have tried something, it just crash and burnt...
nVidia GeForce 7600GS driver is just simply irritating.
It just crashes when Aero is simply being loaded. T-T
(;_; And Vistan will never get ahead with Emuii-san, though...)

*Salutes XP flag and breaks into song*

I'm proud to be an XP fan, for at least I know I'm free...of driver failures...

Bella

What? Did my XP pride kill this thread?

I think a funny little backstory would be that at first (IE, in Beta stages, before the DRM, crazy tracking programs, etc etc), Vistan was quite close with the XP-tan, and was very sisterly with her. Only later on did her company brainwash her...

C-Chan

*darts in*

Aaah!  XP pride!  @v@;

GYAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!  I'M GONNA GET EATIN'!!!!!!! ;^0^;
[vague reference to Thurosis' comics]

*darts out screaming hysterically*

Wombatslove

After using Vista for a while. I think I have a good idea on its avatar's personaity. In a nutshell, she is like that hot girlfriend that was great for the first few times, but ends up being like the biggest clinger ever.

Vista-tan, is a bigger showoff than XP-tan no thanks to Aero. Vista's appetite for memory is even greater = slightly larger bust size than XP. ;)

She does her tasks completely different from her previous sisters. This reflects the new kenrel and driver library. Vista-tan only accepts drivers that are properly signed. She tries far too please her users by making some dumbfounded UI choices. The clinging aspect of her personity comes from UAC. She constantly asks for every move that the user takes. Vista-tan has the keys for DRM in order to keep friendly with MPAA/RIAA, but doesn't actively use them. Vista-tan is far more friendly with multimedia related materials due to Windows Media Center.

Vista-tan doesn't get along with her venerable sisters (9x-tan and older). 2000-tan and XP-tan are very envious of Vista and is afraid of being replaced. Mac OS X-tans accuse Vista-tan of being a shallow, wannabe. Ironically, Vista-tan has the best Linux relationship out of the Windows family. Thanks to better Linux support.

CaptBrenden

now that is a decent assesment T_T unclouded by predisposition and bias due to none tan related setiments.    *looks at c-chan*
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Hmmm...doukashira... |0|_|0|
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"now that is a decent assesment T_T unclouded by predisposition and bias due to none tan related setiments.    *looks at c-chan*
indeed T_T

Wombat's idea it's accurate to the OS
clinging girlfriend...lol UAC.

C-Chan

BWAHA!!! Yeah that's right!  Y'all keep staring with envy and yearning at the C-chan!!  `v'

*sighs valiantly*

I'm so full of win, I actually take pride in saying I'm "full of it".  ^___^

I do like Wombat's description though -- it would work perfectly for the +Nijiura+ version of Vistan.  -v-

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"BWAHA!!! Yeah that's right!  Y'all keep staring with envy and yearning at the C-chan!!  `v'

*sighs valiantly*

I'm so full of win, I actually take pride in saying I'm "full of it".  ^___^

I do like Wombat's description though -- it would work perfectly for the +Nijiura+ version of Vistan.  -v-

that's no envy... >_>

Also, that reminds me a question I have had for a long time for all of you people who know moonspeak: would you be nice and tell us what's Nijiura's general opinion about Vis-tan (nijiura version, duh). And what about Vistake? what do they think. I know no Japanese [yet], but I have seen that some responses are saged in the OS board. Care to explain why? >_>

C-Chan

*flips coin*

*catches*

*reads*

.......They love 'em.  ^^

Now.... Quid pro quo....  

What in the world does "Sage" mean anyway?  I've seen that tossed around a lot, but the only "sages" I know are like old wise men and stuff.  -v-

NejinOniwa

It's also a kind of spice.

...still nothing to do with it, though...except maybe...

*shiver* eep... o_O

Tsubashi

Though I can't be certain, but as I understand it, to 'sage' a topic means to post a reply without pushing the thread to the top, or 'bumping' it as I believe it is called. As far as I can tell, this process is achieved by typing 'sage' into the 'contact' or 'e-mail' input box, it's name being derived thusly.

Of course, I'm no expert on any of this, so I could be entirely off. Perhaps Darknight-san will enlighten us? ^-^
-Tsu

Darknight_88

well, Tsubashi already explained what's "sage".
About when it's used, it depends. In some imageboards (4cha...) most of the time it's used as a way to express that you don't like a certain thread (Thus keeping it off the front page). Sage spamming it's a way to kill a thread by reaching it's reply limit.

But the original use it's to avoid bumping threads unnecessarily and let newer threads have their own share of front page time. Specially when you think that your reply does not deserve to bump the thread.

I think that +nijiura+ uses sage in the "polite" way. But since I don't know japanese, I'm not sure of this.

NejinOniwa

Yeah, but...

...why "Sage"? I mean, why? It's totally off topic. >.>

Tsubashi

I was right?!? @.@
Cool! ^__^

QuoteYeah, but...

...why "Sage"? I mean, why? It's totally off topic. >.>

Perhaps because a 'wise' person knows not to bump topics for trivial things?
-Tsu