What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Last time I checked, Niklas was the scandi variety of Nikolai/Nico-whatevers around the world. No?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Ya sure that ain't nicolai? wich sounds a bit russian btw... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Russian form is Nikolaj, i think, Nicolai is most likely an eastern variant as well. The scandi variant is Niklas, though.

Smokey

Ah, well here it usually is Nico, Nick or Nicolaas for guys (with the last one being soo old-fashioned, you're begging for a Flamin') and Nicole or Nicolette for girls...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

missingNo

Well, I used to come from a forum called Glitch City, which, as the name suggests, was home of all things glitches in the Pokemon series.

I came up with the oh-so-unoriginal MissingNo name on the site and it's stuck ever since.

NejinOniwa

I wonder what glitches there are in the later games. -w-

Nico The Hacker

The "scandi" variant is Nicholas I think X3

Much talk about my name no?

NejinOniwa

That's wrong, you! Nicholas is english, derived from the Latin/Roman Nikolaus, etc, etc. Niklas is the scandi variant.

Chocofreak13

nicolai is a nice name. if i have 4 sons, i'll name the 4th that. :]

hmm, i was called "nikki" for a few days.....y'see nicoletta is an italian veriant of mah name...(well, current name).

meeh. mah name will be kari soon enough. which could be taken in 2 ways:
1. scandi origin, meaning "pure".
2. japanese origin, word for "light".
:3
click to make it bigger

lilsleepingninja

my name is simple, really, i'm a lazy person, and i'm also a ninja

mbison

I've been using this nickname for some time in different places and with different services.

I think that I use it because when I was a little boy I played videogames occasionally and one day I played Street Fighter 2 and I was amazed about the skills of that character.

koeix2

i was in highschool (7 years ago) and i needed something that sounded awesome for a gaming name, since the computer class always finished early and we would play Doom for PC. I looked up a japanese word that meant "desolate" and or "lonely" which was the word Koei. Also a Brand name for video games :D lol

and so i pwnt many and thats what ive been using ever since.

Seamore

The only thing goes through my mind with the word koei = Romance of the three kingdom and Dynasty warriors.

While for Mbison, the thing that goes through my mind is one of his technique called Psycho crusher (and between my friend usually slang it to Peanut Crusher....)
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

svx

Nejin.  Nejin, you look... different.

What have you done to Yuki.

I... used a period.  Ehh... Shows that I'm serious business.  Else I'd have used a question mark.  Something like Unicode Character 'REVERSED QUESTION MARK' (U+2E2E).