What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Don't want to sound lazy... ^_^ But do tell...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Vaereth

It's Daria ^_^  Simple in real world but as you see it is very long in Elvish XD
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

Daria... Nice name, i'd have never guessed... ^_^
But then again, i am used to people from eastern europe to have mostly Slavic names...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

This name is used in Russia for a long time so its practically become "Russian"  :rolleyes:
At my side I used to Latin names as well as you to Slavic cuz we have some foreign students in the university (but this theme is OT so if you want I'll tell you about it in other place  ;064 )

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

Yeah, you're right, this is OT...
But I'm not one to comment, there are only three people in Holland with my last name...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

Oh I'm not good at foreign last names at all ^_^ So I it would be hard for me even to surmise :( (yeah, I told myself already not to OT but I so wanted to comment :rolleyes: )

IanDanKilmaster

Shame on you, Smokey, always leading new members astray, shame! XP

It's okay Vae-san, we tend not to come down on OT here unless it really gets out of hand (there seems to be an event once a month like that).  I try my best to curb it in advance if I see it coming, but even I have found myself falling into it.  A word of advice, if you engage in a convo with Smokey, it's bound to become OT at one point or another, XP.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Vaereth

He has interesting themes and they provide OT,  that's all^_^

Smokey

Hence my title "King of OT"... I really should have that instead of OS-tan Master... ^_^

But not even you have seen the true OT-days of me, Ian. I have cut back alot...

(BTW this was on topic, i was discussing one of my names and it's origin...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

So if it is not we can continue discussion , cuz in my country last name's origins are too is very interesting (and some times funny) problem  ;012

Smokey

Officially, yes... Because this discussion is about your name, wich has a direct link to your nickname and is thus a discussion of the aforementioned...[/lawyertalk]

Oh, don't get me started... i usually spell my last name directly when pople ask for it... Bemrose, what can you expect, no Dutchman can spell that if they haven't seen it...
Same goes for my first name too... Most peole here spell it the dutch way; Sebastiaan...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

Well, if don't set stress on the letter "a" as an incorrect i would be pronounce the same way as the dutch :rolleyes: This name I heard only twice in my live when i watch "the little mermaid" animation. Translation was awful. Only after watching this film with original sound i found how to pronounce some worlds and names correctly. But as I sad i heard that name only twice so I have fogotten that it spells like Sebastiaan (I hope i am correct...)
And when i read your last name i thought about roses (and spell the end like english word "rose" ) ^_^
My last name contains 9 letters and is hard to spell in russian either (more over people often writes it incorrectly) I guess for Latin it will be harder to spell it...Solodovnik is not a rare surname in my country but still hard to pronounce

Smokey

Doesn't sound too hard to pronounce... ut then again, i am probably used to it, since i know/knew dutch, english, brazilian, polish, morrocan and arabian people... ^_^

And in my case it's Sebastian, although i stopped worrying about people spelling/saying Sebastiaan...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

oh if it isn't hard for i'm glad ^_^  *Remembered visa registrartion officer spelling her last name when he saw it*

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama