What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs2009

public school,

05 (year graduated), slate (last 5 of last name), j (first initial)

used it for 4 years so its easy to remember.

kaineru

Red-Machine

Mine comes from one of the first forums I was on.  It was a forum dedicated to my dream car, and the film that the car was the star of.  The movie car was often referred to as "The Devil's Red Car" and "The Infernal Machine", so I amalgamated the two and Red_Machine was born!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

What film was that? Christine? didn't that have an anti-chrystler?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Red-Machine

LOL!  Yes it was.  Finest thing to EVER come out of Detroit.

Smokey

Yeah, Stephen King is WIN... i remember when i read my first book, i was 7 and we had to go to the library with school... i got me Pet Semetary... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

OS-Kennie

Kennie : Human For Linux Beings ;010

Vaereth

origin of nick.....well the full form of it is Gerivaereth (used for already 7 years) and it just came out of my real name's translation. Just call me Vae, it's easer to repeat))
Wit beyond measure is man\'s greatest treasure^^

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

sounds like an interesting name... :D

Always fun to have users who put a bit of thought in their nicks... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

The nick is transleted from Russian into Elvish ;012 And real name has Persian origin :rolleyes:

I apologize for my English in advance, because it isn\'t my natural language. So if you see any mistakes or you don\'t understand what I\'m saying, please don\'t hesitate and tell me about your misunderstanding or where I have made a language mistake.

Smokey

Ah, Elvish, LOTR elvish?

And a persian origin, you don't see that very often... Most names originate from Latin (like mine)...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

Yeah, that's it. It was the time when LOTR was at the fist place :)
Persian origin is mostly widespread in my country, but maybe other Slavic countries have it too. Anyway there is a Saint whose name is the same as mine  :rolleyes:

Smokey

Hmmm, Have to look up that translation, now you've gotten me interested...^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Vaereth

You can see councilofelrond (the transletion is from this site) or I can tell you if you want to ;012