Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteAnyways... I am making the updated version of the Vistan article... it's already 2000+ characters long and I have yet to finish writting it all.

ONLY 2000 characters long?  
Wow, I'm so happy you managed to write a CONCISE article for the Vistans!  ^____________^

(joking, joking!)   ^v^

No, but that really does sound impressive.  ^__^

QuoteMight have it up by next Tuesday... I can't fully dedicate myself to writting... I also need to help myself to some personal projects like, improving my vectorized character, start work on designing my six(Nijiura-inspired) Vistans... plus think of their possible attires... not to mention keep a watch on sites other than this one that I frequent.

And lest we forget reports and papers and homework and research and socializing and eating, etc etc.... ^___^

Do you do work study?  Maybe you don't have to, but having work experience is surprisingly helpful post-graduate (especially if it's at a library or computer lab).  ^v^

=============

In other words, kudos for Bella-sama and her NetBSD-tan article (and avi).  I've also bled in a few Wiki avatars as well -- I'm guessing two a day is not an unrealistic goal.  -v-

Gussy Keniji

Haha oh wow...wuts up with me and sudden disappearances

Anywhom, during my 'disappearance' I managed to draw up tihis Wiki avi for Acme-sensei (yeah...I said Acme-sensei...I really dunno why) seeing as there is a certain type of format avi's have to be in.

A newer version of the Acme-tan avi...I shouldn't be so impulsive...

Abraxas-tan wiki avi

Ah-tan wiki avi

Acid-tan wiki avi

Bomber-tan avi

(c)Brain-sama's avi

Bliss-tan's avi

Byte-Bandit's avi

And finally Mikuru cha-I mean, Cascade's avi

I'm gonna work on the other Virus-tans (and -kuns) as well, so these won't be the only one to be made.

Also I'm workin on an Article for Viru-sama as well as Mimail, MyDoom, and Spida. So far Viru-tan's is near completion and should be up by tonight if everything goes as planned. Also I noticed there's a Sasser-tan article up, I could work on a pic/avi for her but I don't wanna steal anybody's chance at drawing a new virus...

Also YAY or NAY to a HELP-tan article(?)

"Wut..."

Aurora Borealis

Lots of updates and contributions in the past few days! (and silly me almost didn't notice them! Bad Aurora, BAD!!)
*types down changes*

Got a couple contributions of my own to add in:

2 new wiki avis:

PCLOS-tan

DSBSD-tan

Gussy Keniji

Ah Aurora-hime, good work on both avi's and articles thar.

More virus avatars...

Last 2 in line are CIH and Butterfly (whom I still have to write up the article for ^^; ) then it's on to the Malware-kuns

Closet Bomber- A-Bomb-tan

Blood Physician- ANTI-tan

Tsuderekko Oni- Disk Killer-tan

Holiday Nomad- Christmas Tree-tan

Mama Ningyo- Whale-tan

Playtime Dynamite- Lamer Exterminator-tan

Viru-sama's Bodygaurd- Cerberus-tan

Modest Bolero- Esperanto-tan

"Wut..."

Kiso

Oooh... more avatar goodness! Good work Gussy-Virus-Dude!

Anyways... I will be implementing the (new) character template through the OS-tan articles... at least the Windows Tans, and then will following with the other tans as they come up.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Bella

Nice work on the avatars, Gussy and Aurora!

QuoteAnyways... I will be implementing the (new) character template through the OS-tan articles... at least the Windows Tans, and then will following with the other tans as they come up.

I'm quite nitpicky, but I kinda sorta like the older template a bit more. I dunno...it just seems more...simple... : |

Anyhoo, I've made avis for:

Ultrix-tan
Oric-tan
PR1MOS-tan
Ubuntu-tan (I re-did it to look more like the avatars yous use)
Multics-sama (a bit pompous of me, I guess, as I have no plans on making a Multics-sama article in the near future; we just don't know enough about her pre-1970s life, only that it was terribly complicated. I could always cop out and put "little is known about her early life...")

And I've written articles for:

NetBSD-tan
Ultrix-tan
Oric-tan
PR1MOS-tan

Kiso

QuoteI'm quite nitpicky, but I kinda sorta like the older template a bit more. I dunno...it just seems more...simple... : |
Hmm... there is truth in that, the other one is simple-looking. However, I am not changing the templates to make them look "edgy", "flashy" or "complex". The change is to keep them consistent... I see some infoboxes with information that others don't have or fields are named differently. The appearance was mainly a way to let people know which articles have the new code and which don't so that they could be changed.

After the template is implemented on all of the character articles, people can simply go to Template:Taninfobox and change the code... after the changes are saved, all of the articles will have the change implemented.

It's the best way to deal with infoboxes.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

By GAWD!!!!  I think you guys cumulatively uploaded more Avis in the last 24 hours that have been uploaded in the past 24 weeks!  ^^;

In any event, added all of Gus-san's, Aurora-hime's, Bella-san's avis -- as well as a few of my own last-minute additions -- to the Gallery.

Bella-sama:  I humbly request priority Avis for....  ^___^

UNIX-sama
Plan 9-sama
Inferno-chan

As far as Kisssu-san's infobox goes, it is hefty... but aside from the convenience factor that he mentioned, I also think it will help establish more weight to article stubs.  Even an ultra-obscure system like GMOS can look substantial.  ^^

Furthermore, if you guys follow my suggestion of adding more avatars to the article representing the other designs, then the clear demarcations will be helpful.

On the other hand, I could use a little padding between the article text and the infobox.  I believe that was also a problem with the previous infobox as well, though I was too busy uploading and writing stuff to revisit it.  ^^;

Bella

QuoteBella-sama: I humbly request priority Avis for.... ^___^

UNIX-sama
Plan 9-sama
Inferno-chan

Sure thing!

....but does this mean...articles for aforementioned OS-tans? I mean...not like I'm scared of getting the Unix family mad at me or anything...I'm just sayin' O////O

(^It'll still be easier than a Multics-sama article!)

C-Chan

No no, just the avatars.  Once the avatars are loaded, it'll be a helluva lot easier to make some decent stubs.  ^___^

Bella

Did somebody order avis?

Unix-sama (I feel this really doesn't do her a lot of justice; but this was the best...non-cosplay...pic I had of her. Oh well, we can always upload a new one)

Plan9-san

Inferno-chan

Puppy Linux-chan

Gussy Keniji

Aha, very nice work on the avatars, Bella-san

speakin of which I have new ones myself

Fluttering Bane- Butterlfly tan

Gate Inugami- Cerberus-kun

Ego Dynamite- A-Bomb-kun

Vampiric Terror- Horror-kun

Twitchy Tuesday- Ah-kun

Atomic Aristocrat- CIH-tan

-Also anybody know the story behind Infinities viruses; MyDoom, Rabbit and Spida (like their personalities and such). point being I was gonna make articles (and avatars) for them as well. once I have the details I'll go on ahead n' make their articles and that'll be it with the 1st set of malware (2nd set will the be- Sasser, Sunday, Horror-tan, Acme-kun and Abraxas-kun)

Edito dood: finished articles (1st set).

"Wut..."

Aurora Borealis

Great job everyone! Progress is really booming! ;010

That all brings the new total updated stats to:

Windows-tans: 26
   with articles: 24 (~92.31%)
   with wiki avis: 23 (~88.46%)

DOS-tans: 9
   with articles: 9 (100%)
   with wiki avis: 8 (88.89%)

Linux-tans: 48
   with articles: 15  (31.25%)
   with wiki avis: 20 (41.67%)

Unix-tans: 25
   with articles: 6 (24%)
   with wiki avis: 16 (64%)

Malware-tans: 26
   with articles: 19 (~73.08%)
   with wiki avis: 22 (~84.62%)

Malware-kuns: 6
   with articles: 4 (66.67%)
   with wiki avis: 4 (66.67%)

Techno the fox

Ooooooh, Nice work on the avatars everyone.

Quote from: "Gussy Kenji"Also anybody know the story behind Infinities viruses; MyDoom, Rabbit and Spida (like their personalities and such). point being I was gonna make articles (and avatars) for them as well. once I have the details I'll go on ahead n' make their articles and that'll be it with the 1st set of malware (2nd set will the be- Sasser, Sunday, Horror-tan, Acme-kun and Abraxas-kun)

Edito dood: finished articles (1st set).

Hmm No, I don't know the stories behind Infinity's three viruses but now I shall have to make a trip to the wiki.

*A Lightbulb appears above techno's head*
GAH! SASSER! That's right I was supposed to draw her. Sorry guys, I've had my hands full with my three pics. (VBoy-kun, Effie, and the Christmas one) so many Ideas and drawings, so little time. Now I know how C-chan and Bella feel.

Anyway on a more positive note, I'm happy to report that progress on Christmas Chibis.svg is going excellently.
Did any of you notice that Effie's outfit is different in Christmas Chibis?
It's an alternate outfit I designed for her for winter. Gotta stay warm right?
And she can't wear her normal outfit in the dead of winter....You'll see what I mean later....I also decided to give her winter outfit Fuzzy socks and slippers.

As soon as I get her completely vectorized I'm going to put Effie from "Christmas Chibis" into her normal outfit, then put that into an avatar!

I also noticed that someone was kind enough to give Effie and Sasser-tan articles in the Wiki. ^_^ Thanks.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for this topic.
*The Victory theme from Megaman plays as techno warps out*

Kiso

QuoteAs far as Kisssu-san's infobox goes, it is hefty... but aside from the convenience factor that he mentioned, I also think it will help establish more weight to article stubs. Even an ultra-obscure system like GMOS can look substantial. ^^

Furthermore, if you guys follow my suggestion of adding more avatars to the article representing the other designs, then the clear demarcations will be helpful.

On the other hand, I could use a little padding between the article text and the infobox. I believe that was also a problem with the previous infobox as well, though I was too busy uploading and writing stuff to revisit it. ^^;

Wow... I actually didn't realize the stub thing... at least not consciously because something did made me feel like articles looked different... and not in the literal sense.

As for the extra space needed... I tried to build up that space... didn't work... cellpadding does not apply for outside text. But I am trying to find an alternative to that before I continue work on fixing articles and the template... I'll find the way... you'll see.

*pops back into the scene*

Well... as of now... I can say I have done what I intended... I nested the table under another table, set an extra cell padding and other bits of code and voila... awesomely cool spacing between the table and the outside text.

Now... back to devising the "smart" table.