Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Excellent excellent, this thing is rolling along nicely indeed.  ^__^

I said I wanted to make a new avi of DR-DOS-tan using the Zerosanity Xmas special,... but then I realized Aurora-dono has the finals.  ^^;

I already revamped DRDOS-tan's current avi anyway, so no need to do anything for her.  But if you [Aurora-dono] can create a placeholder avi for Viru-sama and ROMDOS-tan using the comic graphics, I think that'd be great.  ^.^

In any event, not wanting to be unproductive, I made avis of the remaining A$C members, along with DSL-kun:

Very busy as a bee (now off to start Panel 3 of the comic), so I'll return later to respond to some nice stuff.  ^___^
[but check your gallery comments, Bella!  ^.^]

Added after 2 minutes:

Oh, and one last thing.  I'm attaching that Inkscape template for Wiki avis in case you need it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Siya

I was wondering (please forgive me if I'm wrong, since I don't really know what all you guys had in mind for the Wiki), but should the pictures C-Chan did for the viruses (the Infinity Zero-style ones) be listed in the avatar list?  I was only wondering since they're currently being used as avatars.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying all of the progress! ^__^

C-Chan

Yo Siya.  ^^

Originally no, I was going to have the avatar gallery contain images strictly of a uniform format.  However, I've loosened the requirements a lot recently, so for sure I'll be loading those particular avis up and no time.  ^^

[Including others Infinity-san did, such as Flash-tan and Photoshop-tan]

Bella

Oh yeah, I should really try to use that template. Sorry!

C-Chan

Don't worry,... the only requirement now is that the image be 100x100px (and of course, compliant with standard forum regulations).  ^___^;

*gives evil eye to pr0nsters lurking nearby*  `v'

Aurora Borealis

Some more wiki avis in progress (C-Chan's requests of Viru-tan and ROM DOS-tan avi placeholders are on the list).

But for now, here are the weekly updated stats!

Unix-tans: 19
   with articles: 4 (~21.05%) ---> up from 3
   with wiki avis: 7 (~36.84%)

Other OS-tans: 37 ---> up from 36
   with articles: 15 (~40.54%)
   with wiki avis: 14 (37.837%) ---> up from 11

OS-kuns: 11
   with articles: 9 (81.81%)
   with wiki avis: 9 (81.81%) ---> up from 8

C-Chan

Thank you as always, Aurora-hime!  ^.^

Icelilly

Oooo.... it seems everyone's been busy when I was studying for exams! ^^ I was thinking about making -tan articles for my new -tans 4Chan and 7Chan (Or at least, I don't think those -tans exsist yet!). I'm debating whether or not I should add them because I don't have any design ideas. Only the fact that 4Chan has blonde hair and 7Chan has blue.

C-Chan

I don't know about 7chan, but I have seen 4chan to and fro.  Sure, feel free.  ^___^

BTW, you too are cordially invited to join us for FOSA.  Hope to see you there!  ^.^

Icelilly

Quote from: "C-Chan"I don't know about 7chan, but I have seen 4chan to and fro.  Sure, feel free.  ^___^

BTW, you too are cordially invited to join us for FOSA.  Hope to see you there!  ^.^
Well.... if 4Chan-tan isn't very common then I guess I could claim her as my own... >.> *goes through a complex thinking process*

FOSA? What's that? ^^;

NejinOniwa

QuoteWell.... if 4Chan-tan isn't very common then I guess I could claim her as my own... >.> *goes through a complex thinking process*
Eto...ano...^-^;
I think that first of all, Yotsuba is sort of something like a 4chan-tan already. Secondly I think that anyone attempting such a thing will be swarmed by illiterate hordes of /b/-tards...
Just my opinion though. Feel free, but don't blame me for any side effects! ^-^;
QuoteFOSA? What's that? ^^;
What...you do not know what it is...?
THIS IS MADNESS!!!
*Leonidas appears*
Madness...?
THIS IS FOSA!!!!!!!
[/i]
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
QuoteWell.... if 4Chan-tan isn't very common then I guess I could claim her as my own... >.> *goes through a complex thinking process*
Eto...ano...^-^;
I think that first of all, Yotsuba is sort of something like a 4chan-tan already. Secondly I think that anyone attempting such a thing will be swarmed by illiterate hordes of /b/-tards...
Just my opinion though. Feel free, but don't blame me for any side effects! ^-^;
QuoteFOSA? What's that? ^^;
THIS IS MADNESS!!!
*Leonidas appears*
Madness...?
THIS IS FOSA!!!!!!!
[/i]
God, I've been away for so long that I don't know what anything is anymore. @_@ Thanks for clearing things up!

Kiso

Well... I don't think it would be hard to get upto date... even though the whole thread is text-heavy (a lot of stuff to read). In any case, do try contributing if you feel like it... best experiences with the project are gained that way.

In any case... though, this made me think... FOSA is the attempt at making an OS tan anime specifically?
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

Not really,... just called it that because we draw art heavily-laden in the Anime style.  But theoretically, it is possible, just like how open source movies exist:

http://www.elephantsdream.org/
http://peach.blender.org/

Speaking of which, a Wiki is a more classic example of open source collaboration.  Not perfect, but given the size and scale of Wikipedia it is quite impressive.  ^____^

QuoteGod, I've been away for so long that I don't know what anything is anymore.  Thanks for clearing things up!

GYAAAAAAAH!!!  >v<
Equipped with that adorable 2.0-chan avatar, everything you say just comes out sounding so cuuuuuuuute!  ^.^

*hugs IceLilly*

But yeah, I'd love to see you more often around here, be it doing stamps, or editing the Wiki or joining us for FOSA'ing, or just chatting from time to time.  ^___^

Techno the fox

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
THIS IS MADNESS!!!
*Leonidas appears*
Madness...?
THIS IS FOSA!!!!!!!
[/i]

*Kicks Nejin into a horizontally placed portal on the ground, made by Effie*

Sorry, I just couldn't resist myself.

Anyway now.

Quote from: "Icelilly"I was thinking about making -tan articles for my new -tans 4Chan and 7Chan (Or at least, I don't think those -tans exsist yet!).
I may have started something. ^_^
I'm glad someone else wants to make -tans for the other Chan image boards. I always thought of the -Chans as sisters, think : Sibling rivalry to the extreme. I've already made a Fchan-tan. (Who I've given the nickname "Effie".) Check my topic for more on her, and I've thought of a preconcept design for a Desuchan-tan. (Y'know how We is a doppleganger of Emuii and Yamada is a Hacchan impersonator? Well think of Desuchan as a Suiseiseki wannabe.)

I'm thinking of 4chan-tan as wearing a pink outfit, whereas 7chan-tan has a blue-gray one.

Also on a Site-tan related note..I could've sworn I saw a Youtube-tan a while back somewhere.