Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Hmmmm...

I dunno, we could but they are, if anything, even MORE obscure than the App-tans, and they are scarce. The only ones I've ever seen are Afganis-tan and some american chick, so I'm not really sure if it "qualifies"...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I think this site is for the OS-tans and computer (hardware, software, etc.) related characters. If we include country-tans, then we'd be obligated to include mecha musume (did I spell that right?) and just about every other moe anthropomorphism.

See what the Mods have to say about it...

C-Chan

Official Position:  No Country-tans.  ^__^

Definitely stick to computer-related anthropomorphisms.  Even those non-computer ones which interact a lot with canon OS-tans (e.g., Astaroth, Pizza-tan, etc) are not gonna get priority (if they get added at all).

I'm even seriously considering dropping the whole Videogame-tans section.  -___-

Aurora Borealis

I agree with dropping the whole Videogame-tans section because pretty much nothing can be said about them because there isn't any one 'winning' design. (although there are a few popular Wii-tans as opposed to several one-shot PS3-tans, still don't know if there is enough info to write an article about any of them)

And certainly no Mecha Musume because making a whole section on that would be impossible considering there are so many personifications of so many different mechas and almost all of them are one-shot characters with no distinct personality or backstory at all.

C-Chan

You needn't say more, my dear Aurora-dono.  ^.^

Game Console-section,... eliminated!  ^0^
Gomenasai,... Wii-sama,....  ;___;

However, it would seriously be a pain writing articles for you guys, and we'll already have our hands full trying to figure out what to do with the 2,000,000 Vistans.  ^^'

Speaking of large numbers, congratulations on breaking the 1000 post mark, Aurora-dono.  ^___^

Icelilly

Quote from: "C-Chan"However, it would seriously be a pain writing articles for you guys, and we'll already have our hands full trying to figure out what to do with the 2,000,000 Vistans.  ^^'
I hope they choose an offical Vistan soon! @_@ For some unknown reason, I'm getting tired of seeing like 8,000 different Vistans. Plus, it would lighten the load of articles to write no? ^__^;

Alfamille

No Country-tans?
No Mecha Musumes?

I guess there will be no Fighter Airplane-tans.

Here's a thing I would like to discuss with you my wiki co-editors;

As you log in to your account.. Click "my preferences". After that, click "skin" and you can choose the skin of the wiki.

The default skin of the wiki is the "OSTan". Although I use the "Monobook" skin. Which do you think of the 5 available skins is better for viewing and editing (especially when making templates, tables, etc.).

Tsubashi

You know, to tell the truth, I only ever saw those when looking through our MySQL databases (back before we switched servers). I never realized anything linked to those!

After taking a look at the others, I think I'll stick to the default, since it's what I'm used to. ^__^
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

I still think the default one is the best here - somehow the standard "monobook" theme seems a little...off.

C-Chan

QuoteI hope they choose an offical Vistan soon! For some unknown reason, I'm getting tired of seeing like 8,000 different Vistans. Plus, it would lighten the load of articles to write no? ^__^;

I reckon it's impossible now to "choose" an official Vistan, since OS-tan canondom is dependent on people recreating the same design, and as far as Vista goes most artists choose the Videogame Console-tan route (aka, "Anything Goes").  ^^;

Besides, the in-joke of multiple Vistans is kind of popular among us as it is, so it might be cuter to approach it from that angle.... -v-

QuoteNo Country-tans?
No Mecha Musumes?

I guess there will be no Fighter Airplane-tans.

Course not.  ^__^
If we did, we might as well change our name to "Wikipedia", cause they'd all be just straight descriptions of whatever they're personifying.  ^___^

Devoid of any personality.... -v-

QuoteAs you log in to your account.. Click "my preferences". After that, click "skin" and you can choose the skin of the wiki.

The default skin of the wiki is the "OSTan". Although I use the "Monobook" skin. Which do you think of the 5 available skins is better for viewing and editing (especially when making templates, tables, etc.).

Ah!!  So THAT's what you were talking about earlier.... ^.^

Bella

QuoteI reckon it's impossible now to "choose" an official Vistan, since OS-tan canondom is dependent on people recreating the same design, and as far as Vista goes most artists choose the Videogame Console-tan route (aka, "Anything Goes"). ^^;

Besides, the in-joke of multiple Vistans is kind of popular among us as it is, so it might be cuter to approach it from that angle.... -v-

My personal belief is that there should be six, one for each Vista release.

C-Chan

I think you mean 6,000,000...  ^.^

NejinOniwa

That is surely over nine thousand.

Gussy Keniji

Or at least close to it *scouter breaks*

"Wut..."

C-Chan

Kudos to Aurora-sama for setting up the OSX Leopard article (the only OSX article that I didn't touch).  ^.^

Remind me, though, to update that AVI as that Leopard-chan is WOEFULLY out-of-date.  ^__^

We can either use the wallpaper version:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/RunningMacs.png

Or your recent magical-girl hybrid.  ^^