Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

BWAAAA!!!  No OSX-tans!!!  ;^0^;

*cries profusely*

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, I can say that's alright.  You have have to move on anyway.... ^__^

Now then, some more micro-chibi ideas:

- One Pu-chan crying.
- One Musix-tan composing
- One Hacchan (taking refuge inside her box) cowering before a Viru-sama prodding her mischievously.
- One Puppy Linux-tan tugging on Virus-sama
- MSDOS-chan and PCDOS-chan peeking over the top lid.
- One Sonata-san and OS9-san fighting over a giant microphone
- One VMS-sama wielding her giant cleaver.
- One Solaris-sama trying to serve coffee amid all the chaos.
- One Freespire-tan flying Chiyo-chan style in the distance.

And so on,....

I can continue, but I'd just be rambling.  The possibilities are as endless as space permits.  ^.^

Bella

^ Agreed with many above mentioned ideas :P

I'm sure you've probably already thought of it, but perhaps a few of the actual tiny OS-tans? Like Palm-chan, Minix-tan, etc.

Or, perhaps a few Linux-tans. Maybe like Ubuntu-san (because just about everyone like Ubuntu!), or PCLOS-sama.

Or.....Someone like SkyOS-tan. Not sure why, I just always liked SkyOS-tan ;)

Also, neat to hear you'll be OS X anniversary pic! I usually think of OS X as being from '01.....I always forget Rhapsody heehee...

Aurora Borealis

Thank you for your ideas! I'll be sure to add in some of them!

As for now, here are new doodles!

C-Chan

Don't forget, always feel free to use microchibis from Zerosanity (such as the one with the cheering OSX girls).  Given that they are only featured once, I certainly would love it if they were given a little more exposure.  ^.^

As for your doodles,... well it's almost repetitive to say that I like them, cause I always end up loving them.  ^^;

For now,... I do have to say that the current posted pic is too tiny to appreciate, so anyone wanting to see her doodles more clearly (it does help,... i have never even HEARD about Young Frankenstein...) can check it out here:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10307/randomOS-tan_sketches3.jpg

(I'd post the actual pic, but I'm sure Aurora-sama has her reasons.  ^__^)

3.1-sama screaming out that iconic speech is a little surreal, but guess it works.  ^^
Anti-tan making 4.4-tan extremely uncomfortable is rife for some belly-laughs (and I still love her uber-long pigtails!).  

While I didn't get the reference, 2k-tan being stalked by grandma VMS-sama is itself rife for a good ROTFL.  ^__^
I'm assuming that's NT-san in front of her.

But the absolutely C-chan Top Pick prize must go to FreeB-chan about to hork down Puffy-chan!!  ^V^
(and OpenBSD-tan screaming in the background)

Not only was FreeBSD-tan sketches with the utmost precision and the latest in Cute Technology (Windows CT, anybody?), but it's absolutely clever in its simplicity in depicting what is, in fact, a very common occurrence in the Userspace Lair.  ^^'

Oh , and it's great that you have an Anime club,... surely that's a great place to show your pictures, or get your friends acquainted with more obscure Anime titles (unless they're bigger into it than you, of course... ^^')

Bella

Wow. You guys have an Anime club? That's so awesome! ^_^

I'm really liking the VMS/2k-tan one! And the FreeBSD and OpenBSD-tan one is great to...

Even I don't think XP-chan would eat a pufferfish :P

Alfamille

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
The "Bleach" related ones I made during anime club (my school has an anime club! So cool!) when watching the series. The OS-tan related ones I drew during open hour when I have free time during the school day.

Nice!

I'm sure people in your anime club are now familiar with the OS-tans, eh?

By the way, it's fun looking sketch :)

C-Chan

FYi, this picture propped up in the Gallery Rotation the other day,....

Very likely some odd variant of Sonata-sama, but see if you can also tell me who she should remind you of.  ^___^

(hint: her name also has a 9 in it)  -v-

Aurora Borealis

^ Whoa! She does kinda remind me of OS-9-tan! No not that one, the other one! :D

Tsubashi

-Tsu

C-Chan

QuoteShe sorta looks like 98-tan to me... o.O

Fufufu!  I suppose she kinda sorta looks like Hacchan,... save for two things!  ^0^

1)  The Sonata whisp!  No way could the real Hacchan reproduce that cute, sexy wisp of hair!  Only Sonata-sama, Lisa-sama and OS-9-sama have that gift!  ^.^

2)  She's alive!  The real Hacchan would've been hacked down by 95-tan in an instant the moment she adorned herself with anything Apple related.  ^v^

So there's no other explanation other than that the artist had the foresight and clairvoyance to create a proto OS-9-tan.  ^___^

This calls for a celebration!!!  ^V^

Bella

Oooh....that is sorta a neat prototype for OS9-tan :P Though I do agree with Tsubashi that she looks a little like Hacchan...

Course, I doubt she'd dress like that...maybe doing a bit of cosplay? ;)

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteShe sorta looks like 98-tan to me... o.O

Fufufu!  I suppose she kinda sorta looks like Hacchan,... save for two things!  ^0^

1)  The Sonata whisp!  No way could the real Hacchan reproduce that cute, sexy wisp of hair!  Only Sonata-sama, Lisa-sama and OS-9-sama have that gift!  ^.^

2)  She's alive!  The real Hacchan would've been hacked down by 95-tan in an instant the moment she adorned herself with anything Apple related.  ^v^

So there's no other explanation other than that the artist had the foresight and clairvoyance to create a proto OS-9-tan.  ^___^

This calls for a celebration!!!  ^V^

I think we've seen several alternate designs of Sonata-sensei.

Fusion of designs? maybe? ^_^

Aurora Borealis

Actually I haven't told anyone in the anime club about the OS-tans! It would be really difficult for me to explain to the others!

And in the Sonata picture that C-Chan posted up, I said that she reminds me of OS-9-tan but I don't know how I forgot that rendition actually has a stronger resemblance to Hacchan! *facepalm*

Siya

Poor FCL-tan!  Everyone's eating her hat!

*steals Domo-kun*

Bella

LOL! I guess the danger of having you hat eaten comes with the territory of it being so delicious looking XD