Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

EGADS!  ._. *squints*  I see .. i think  *looks closer* ZOMG!  Joints! she has joints!!  Did aroura really draw this? XD

good either way, looking forward to more compleat version.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

QuoteMaybe I'll just have to show you something a little more bloody. I'll do it in my thread, though, so I won't be spamming Aurora's with my art.

Sorry, too late, you've already expended your proof points.  The C-chan feels absolutely zero threat of consumption by Siya.  ^___^
However,...

...I will not discount consumption by female proxy, if you're still interested.... ¯v¯

QuoteCrazy Lady is actually someone else's character named Iri. We were having a sequential art battle.

Awwww,....
Somehow I feel like crying.... ;___;

Then again, you've drawn half-a-million cute girls since then, so it's not all bad.  ^___^

*selects Yoper-chan, Sabayon-chan, Musix-chan and Momonga-chan for this evening's harem duty*

QuoteDSL-chan: O.O
......CCCCCCCUUUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEE
*Launches self into the stratosphere*

Ah yes,... I might as well spit it out since I can't hold it any longer,...

But the quick pic I'll be working on was inspired by Aurora's latest DSL-tan pic.

In other words, yes!  I'm finally making DSL-kuns debut!  ^__^

QuoteYggdrasil Linux-tan! Finally posted in response to Siya's challenge!

HOLY COW!!!  That was fast!  @.@
I just got off writing about Yggy-chan not but a few minutes ago.... ^v^;

In any event, this one's looking like a very intersting character concept!  The viking horns are a great touch, especially given she's still a [GNU] Linux-tan.  ^__^
And as you're well aware, I'll always approve of multiple pigtails!  ^v^

BTW, that reminds me,... how's the progress on the Microchibis for the Wiki logo?  ^__^'

Siya

Woo!  Yggdrasil Linux-tan looks very Norse (and nice)!  I like all of the symbolism you used.  I never would have thought of Mithos before you did this.

Quote from: "C-Chan"...I will not discount consumption by female proxy, if you're still interested.... ¯v¯
*ponders*

Bella

QuoteYggdrasil Linux-tan! Finally posted in response to Siya's challenge!

Cool! I like her now, can't wait to see her finished ^_^

I love all the little references to norse mythology and the history of the distro...Not to mention I have a fixation on fine, feathered OS-tans

(whoever gets that reference gets a free cupcake XD)

QuoteOkay,... that's it,.... I demand a peek at said list! ^___^

*Pulls out list*

-Be called kinky by a forum member...check!
-Learn to pilot a blimp
-Use an OS I'm afraid of, like Unix, VMS, or one of their open-source clones
-Pin Steve Ballmer in a game of arm-wresling
-Dye my hair pink

...do you want me to continue?

C-Chan

QuoteI love all the little references to norse mythology and the history of the distro...Not to mention I have a fixation on fine, feathered OS-tans

(whoever gets that reference gets a free cupcake XD)

Ah good!  I just received a new shipment of feathers just now!  ^v^

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6306/peorthvk0.jpg

*opens maw in anticipation of inbound cupcake*  ^0^

Quote*Pulls out list*

-Be called kinky by a forum member...check!
-Learn to pilot a blimp
-Use an OS I'm afraid of, like Unix, VMS, or one of their open-source clones
-Pin Steve Ballmer in a game of arm-wresling
-Dye my hair pink

...do you want me to continue?

Nah nah, I asked for a peek after all.  Once you finish all of these, though, I will demand a preview of the next set of 5.  ^__^

In any event, let's dissect:

Quote-Be called kinky by a forum member...check!

Well,.... technically speaking, I didn't actually callYOU kinky per se, just the scenario.  ^__^'
So you may have to rescind this.  ^.^;

Quote-Learn to pilot a blimp

Excellent!  I'm a firm proponent that blimp travel is the way of the future!  ^v^

Especially if we can build something like this:

It's just inexcusable that, 100 years later, we still can't live and travel like they do in Miyazaki's "Laputa"!  ^0^

Come now, Miss Bella!  *points to sky*
We shall board a deregible and travel the world in 80 days!  ^-^

Quote-Use an OS I'm afraid of, like Unix, VMS, or one of their open-source clones[/quote[

Well you were pretty timid when you were installing Puppy-chan, so there.... C-chan decrees that this be CHECKED!!  ^v^

Quote-Pin Steve Ballmer in a game of arm-wresling

This is more of a civic duty, you know.  ^__^
And if you can best Geek Squaders, you can best that bozo.  ^.^

BTW, interesting bit of trivia that I learned over at Michigan: Steve Balmer is from Detroit.  ^___^
Home of the giant American companies that love to run themselves into the ground.  ^.^

*casts long stare at GM*  T__T

Suddenly all the M$ flops begin to make sense.  ^.^

Quote-Dye my hair pink

I always said that a girl needs to do at least two things in life:

- Get her hair dyed pink.

- Buy herself a pig to match with it.

*cries tears of joy for Bella's transcension into Enlightenment*  ;^v^;

Aurora Borealis

YAY!! A DSL-kun is coming soon! I can't wait to see him! Also glad that you all like Yggdrasil Linux-tan! However progress on the Wiki logo isn't going so well for me. Got a few chibis added in but can't really get anymore inspiration at the moment :(

---

And being called 'kinky' was on your to do list, Bella? 0__0

---

And here's quite a discovery that I found on nijiura.com!

http://www.nijiura.com/illust/siokara.php?res=1851

An artist on nijiura.com named Ringo-aki has been drawing lots of Mac-tans! (and also even made a new Safari-tan that is more than a one-shot rendition)And check out his/her latest work... HOLY CARP! It's an honest-to-goodness Macintosh System 6.0.x-tan! 0__0

Very nice but... uhh... I don't know if I should update my rendition or what since mine has been around for a year now and she's appeared in zerOSanity...

Disregard that. I found a solution that just occured to me! Ringoaki's rendition I see as KanjiTalk6-tan! (The pre-OS 8 Mac OSes have Japanese counterparts known as "KanjiTalk" that are different enough to have seperate personifications. At least just this once)

Techno the fox

Quote from: "C-chan"Come now, Miss Bella! *points to sky*
We shall board a deregible and travel the world in 80 days! ^-^

Like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3XFbLVcFXUo

Hmm, you guys are gonna need a navigator. (Translation: I want to go too)

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Yggdrasil Linux-tan! Finally posted in response to Siya's challenge!

You've drawn one already? You're fast.
Cute ^-^
I like her viking helmet.
Kinda remids me of Kami-tux/Original Linux-tan.

Bella

QuoteAh good! I just received a new shipment of feathers just now! ^v^

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6306/peorthvk0.jpg

*opens maw in anticipation of inbound cupcake* ^0^

Nice pic, but I meant the "fixation for fine, feathered OS-tans" part.

C'mon, anyone else read the wikipedia article on Tux? *hinthint*

QuoteExcellent! I'm a firm proponent that blimp travel is the way of the future! ^v^

Heehee, I mostly like them because....no giant sharp rotating blades or tons of jet fuel onboard XD

QuoteThis is more of a civic duty, you know. ^__^
And if you can best Geek Squaders, you can best that bozo. ^.^

BTW, interesting bit of trivia that I learned over at Michigan: Steve Balmer is from Detroit. ^___^
Home of the giant American companies that love to run themselves into the ground. ^.^

*casts long stare at GM* T__T

Suddenly all the M$ flops begin to make sense. ^.^

If you hate GM (I am a bit of a GM fan *drools at Caddy XLR*), you'd despise Ford and Chrysler...cause by all accounts, they're self-destructing at a faster rate than GM.

(At least GM diversifies...)

QuoteAnd here's quite a discovery that I found on nijiura.com!

An artist on nijiura.com named Ringo-aki has been drawing lots of Mac-tans! (and also even made a new Safari-tan that is more than a one-shot rendition)And check out his/her latest work... HOLY CARP! It's an honest-to-goodness Macintosh System 6.0.x-tan! 0__0

Cool!

I like his Mac/Win battle scene XD

(Though his reinvention of Puma-chan isn't sitting well with C-Chan)

Aurora Borealis

Actually I drew that Yggdrasil-tan back in July or August and never got back to it until yesterday! ^^; And now that it has been requested, a finished version is in progress.

---

Hmm... I kinda feel the same way. I wouldn't have guessed that the aggressive-looking blonde pigtailed catgirl was a new Puma-tan. I'm still very much used to the blue-haired Mikuru-ish one!

---

Vector sketch of the 95 OSR 2.5-tan + 98-tan picture. May also add in 98 SE-tan and 95 OSR 2.1-tan.

And a finished Mandriva-tan! It took me only about three months! (Got halfway done shortly after finishing the sketch, forgot about it until a few days ago)

Bella

QuoteActually I drew that Yggdrasil-tan back in July or August and never got back to it until yesterday! ^^; And now that it has been requested, a finished version is in progress.

Heehee, now I don't feel so bad for not posting a few of my drawing I've been working on for a couple of weeks...

Funny how things can get shuffled to the back of the line, huh?

QuoteVector sketch of the 95 OSR 2.5-tan + 98-tan picture. May also add in 98 SE-tan and 95 OSR 2.1-tan.

I like seeing Hacchan getting a noogie XD

*thats what she gets for being a BSOD train wreck :P*

QuoteAnd a finished Mandriva-tan! It took me only about three months! (Got halfway done shortly after finishing the sketch, forgot about it until a few days ago)

Beautiful! I love how you've taken design cues from Juzo-kun's Mandriva-tan and have made her your own!

Her dress almost reminds of Victorian style, **a bit...**

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: BellaHeehee, now I don't feel so bad for not posting a few of my drawing I've been working on for a couple of weeks...

Funny how things can get shuffled to the back of the line, huh?

It is weird how when I work on a picture a lot but when halfway through, sometimes I end up forgetting about it due to getting back to work on ZS or starting a new picture and don't get back to it until weeks or months later!

QuoteI like seeing Hacchan getting a noogie XD

*thats what she gets for being a BSOD train wreck :P*

You did say you had bad experiences with Windows 98, right? Think of 95 OSR 2.5-tan doing you a favor by giving Hacchan a nice noogie! :D

QuoteBeautiful! I love how you've taken design cues from Juzo-kun's Mandriva-tan and have made her your own!

Her dress almost reminds of Victorian style, **a bit...**
Out of all of the 'compromise rendition' OS-tans I've drawn (where I combine 2 or more designs), I think that Mandriva-tan is my favorite!
---

Ugh. I almost gave up on this picture but I made some progress!

Apple ][ 30th anniversary picture Gamma version: Now with the addition of Copland-tan, System 7.5-tan, 5-tan, 6.0.x-tan, A/UX-tan and Newton-tan (including a close-up of her)

on another note: The makeovers the Apple-tans have in this picture will apply in chapter 4 of ZS! (Yes, I have planned far ahead!)

Mostly done! Remaining progress: 4 more girls to add in plus finish shading + highlights

C-Chan

QuoteYAY!! A DSL-kun is coming soon! I can't wait to see him!

Fufu!  Hopefully DSL-kun met or surpassed your expectations.  ^^

QuoteHowever progress on the Wiki logo isn't going so well for me. Got a few chibis added in but can't really get anymore inspiration at the moment

Awwwwwwww..... ;___;
If you have trouble, tell me what you need.  I can help you out.  ^^

QuoteAnd here's quite a discovery that I found on nijiura.com!

Very nice but... uhh... I don't know if I should update my rendition or what since mine has been around for a year now and she's appeared in zerOSanity...

Disregard that. I found a solution that just occured to me! Ringoaki's rendition I see as KanjiTalk6-tan! (The pre-OS 8 Mac OSes have Japanese counterparts known as "KanjiTalk" that are different enough to have seperate personifications. At least just this once) That way I can support both rendtions and don't have to do any re-writing of zerOSanity! Whoo-hoo!

Those ARE indeed some very cool pictures, although I just spotted the Puma-tan who fails to sport even a smidgen of blue.  T__T

*sigh*

I guess I've been doing this long enough to loosen up on my conceptions of "canondom".  To consider everything that comes from Japan as a so-called "official" design might be respectful, but it's also a bit unfair to non-Japanese artist who have at least put up a comparable amount of time, effort and humility (e.g., foregoing credit, copyrights and "malinchismo") to create their own original works.  It's also unrealistic, since even among their artists there doesn't seem to be as much collaboration as before (think Vistan), and ultimately it's neight impossible to do service to ALL designs that appear, if there may still be countless artists in Japan and around the world who draw incredible designs outside our radar.  Despite the fact that I looked far and wide for an Amiga-tan before I drew her, it used to trouble me to think that perhaps some artist in Thailand, Russia, Italy or some obscure imageboard in Japan might've drawn one at some point.  My priority then was to unite designs and not splinter them.

To a certain extent, I still believe that -- but with stuff such as this alternate Pu-chan or the Mac System 6-tan, a part of me believes it's something of a futile effort.  Just because we do our research or we agree to rally behind a single design doesn't necessarily mean others will too, and [inevitably] vice versa.

So allow me to adhere to the old law of the OS-tan jungle,... let your own talent vote for your favorite OS-tan design.  ^__^
Just like I'll support Pu-chan 100% in our little corner of the world, so too should you support your beloved 6.0-tan design (the fact that you acknowledge that other designs exist is more than most artists can hope for in this so thankless "profession" of ours).  Anyone who tries to put you down, belittle your accomplishments, or unfairly compares you to Deja Vu likely suffers from the same insecure inferiority complex that's bleeding the creativity out of our societies.

I've always wondered if the reason Futaba and ++ artists can create such wonderful works anonymously is because they have less to worry about their own countrymen backstabbing them or posting the kind of degenerate, immature drivel that hounds the unlucky sap posting on certain Western boards.  Maybe they may not call themselves a community and surely they have their scuffles from time to time,... but perhaps, in the end, they have the luxury of behaving as a community, united behind a single purpose and a common goal.  In contrast, we seem stuck in isolated pockets of resistance, with Person X,Y,Z and Company 1,2,3 scheming to find some way to screw us over to ensure that nothing ever changes.

It's a very unfair predicament, but we have to stand strong regardless.....

I guess that's all I have to say about that.  -.-

QuoteLike this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3XFbLVcFXUo

Hmm, you guys are gonna need a navigator. (Translation: I want to go too)

Well,.... sorta..... Just with less furry creatures. ^__^;

And yeah sure, we're gonna need TONS of personnel to manage an airship.  ^v^

QuoteNice pic, but I meant the "fixation for fine, feathered OS-tans" part.

C'mon, anyone else read the wikipedia article on Tux? *hinthint*

Awww man, I'm too lazy to reread all of that.... T__T
Can't you just stick the cupcake in my mouth so I can initiate chewing? *v*

*opens maw*

QuoteHeehee, I mostly like them because....no giant sharp rotating blades or tons of jet fuel onboard XD

Then again, current blimp technology ensures that some level of risk is always prevalent....

Hot Air = risk of burning
Hydrogen = risk of blowing up
Helium = risk of turning hopelessly in debt  ^^;

QuoteIf you hate GM (I am a bit of a GM fan *drools at Caddy XLR*), you'd despise Ford and Chrysler...cause by all accounts, they're self-destructing at a faster rate than GM.

(At least GM diversifies...)

Oh believe you and me, I only singled out GM cause it's the largest (and coming from Michigan, I got to see some of the "collateral damage" done to the region), but I do have more than enough choice things to say about Ford, Chrysler and the whole lot of other companies that insisted consumers wanted big, bulky gas guzzlers forever during the Oil Crisis (maybe if they had waited 30 years later, they would've made a killing during the SUV craze).

QuoteCool!

I like his Mac/Win battle scene XD

(Though his reinvention of Puma-chan isn't sitting well with C-Chan)

*hiccups*  T____T

Strangely, I'm not phazed by the Cheetah-tan one as much,..... though I don't plan to draw that one either.  -v-

But the Pu-chan is just a plain slap,... no, punch,.... no, mace in the head.  T___T;

QuoteHmm... I kinda feel the same way. I wouldn't have guessed that the aggressive-looking blonde pigtailed catgirl was a new Puma-tan. I'm still very much used to the blue-haired Mikuru-ish one!

*C-chan coos and cuddles up to the one-and-only Pu-chan!*  ^V^

QuoteVector sketch of the 95 OSR 2.5-tan + 98-tan picture. May also add in 98 SE-tan and 95 OSR 2.1-tan.

AWESOME BLOSSOM!!!  At long last, some artsy goodness to douse all that angst I just typed.  ^V^

Anything with OSR 2.5-sama is all good with me!!  ^v^
However, more than curious to see another appearance by OSR 2.1-san.  ^__^

I know I said before I wanted to draw her too,... since you know I make good to my commitments to draw your characters, I'm sure I'll do so one day.  ^.^

QuoteAnd a finished Mandriva-tan! It took me only about three months! (Got halfway done shortly after finishing the sketch, forgot about it until a few days ago)

Very very pretty.  Though it's a bit low-key, she is actually the "Baroness" of the Mandriva family (with PCLOS-sama as the current heir apparent) ^__^

And naturally, I have to commend you on your commitment to support elements of Juzo-kun's design, since it did have many merits of its own.  ^.^

QuoteIt is weird how when I work on a picture a lot but when halfway through, sometimes I end up forgetting about it due to getting back to work on ZS or starting a new picture and don't get back to it until weeks or months later!

*looks uncomfortably at Amiga/ME-tan picture*

Whooops.......  -.-;

Maybe I'll work on it during Christmas,... like a one-year anniversary pic.  ^^;

QuoteApple ][ 30th anniversary picture Gamma version: Now with the addition of Copland-tan, System 7.5-tan, 5-tan, 6.0.x-tan, A/UX-tan and Newton-tan (including a close-up of her)

on another note: The makeovers the Apple-tans have in this picture will apply in chapter 4 of ZS! (Yes, I have planned far ahead!)

Mostly done! Remaining progress: 4 more girls to add in plus finish shading + highlights

And speaking of anniversary pics, WOW!!!  I have to say you're really outdoing yourself with this one,... before long, you'll have the entire known Mac Family in this picture, and all in their best dresses!  ^v^
(although System 5-tan seems to look the same as always, and well,... Newton-chan is always elegant... ^.^;)

Copland-san is surprisingly good-looking in this pic, and A/UX-tan dressed like that could easily be confused with a princess (I pity the poor sap who thinks that, and gets a pile drivered the next minute).  ^^'

You're gonna have to explain System 6's polka dots someday, ya know.  ^^'

Bella

QuoteApple ][ 30th anniversary picture Gamma version: Now with the addition of Copland-tan, System 7.5-tan, 5-tan, 6.0.x-tan, A/UX-tan and Newton-tan (including a close-up of her)

Nice! But I don't wanna expend all my gushing, for I know the final work will be this awesome x10!!! And hopefully, a few of the OS Xs will be among the 4 others....

I have to say, I'm really liking Copland-tan....but no Taligent-tan twin? ;)

QuoteThose ARE indeed some very cool pictures, although I just spotted the Puma-tan who fails to sport even a smidgen of blue. T__T....

I agree....

But ya gotta keep the fun in it.

QuoteAwwwwwwww..... ;___;
If you have trouble, tell me what you need. I can help you out. ^^

I don't mean to but in or anything, but if you need any ideas I could perhaps supply a few....

QuoteAwww man, I'm too lazy to reread all of that.... T__T
Can't you just stick the cupcake in my mouth so I can initiate chewing? *v*

*opens maw*

C'mon, the Penguinitis part? The fixation on fat, flightless waterfowl part...?

QuoteHelium = risk of turning hopelessly in debt ^^;

Yes, but at least there's no GIANT FLAMING WRECKS involved in going broke! XD

C-Chan

QuoteNice! But I don't wanna expend all my gushing, for I know the final work will be this awesome x10!!! And hopefully, a few of the OS Xs will be among the 4 others....

Ah yes,... I already have my dibs on Pu-chan!  It is recommended,... no, it's required,... NO, it's your civic duty to feature Pu-chan!!  ^V^
[and yes, I mean "blue" Pu-chan.... `v')

QuoteI have to say, I'm really liking Copland-tan....but no Taligent-tan twin?

She's probably still trying to help get Sonata and Mac-san dolled up.  ^^

QuoteI don't mean to but in or anything, but if you need any ideas I could perhaps supply a few....

Come to think of it, which micro-chibis have you drawn already?  I know Darwin-chan and Inu-T are in there, but who else?  If you're still having trouble, shoot it right back to me and we'll finish it Open-Source style.
(meaning everyone can draw suggestions as they see fit).

QuoteC'mon, the Penguinitis part? The fixation on fat, flightless waterfowl part...?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh,..................... I kinda read that part now, but..... I dunno,... isn't that kinda lame?  ^^;
The lameness is overwhelming.... Just lost my appetite.... ;___;

*closes maw and walks away in sadness*

*stops*

Well,.... is it possible that a Piginitis exists?  *v*

*creeps back towards Bella, in preparation for a nibble*

*stops*

Oh wait, there is,... It's called Trichinosis.....  T___T;

*droops and walks away in sadness*

QuoteYes, but at least there's no GIANT FLAMING WRECKS involved in going broke! XD

Touche.  ^__^

In any event, I've always wondered if there are other ways to lift LTA vehicles.  I've always wondered if something could be done using "free energy" to propel aerial vehicles (and certainly airships much more easily):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

Ahhhh,... if only Nikola Tesla were alive today.  -v-

Aurora Borealis

Sorry to burst your bubble but the OSX-tans won't be in the picture. That would be too hard for me! However I will also start a picture for the 10th anniversary of Mac OSX (The first OSX, Rhapsody was introduced in 1997) that will have Rhapsody,Cheetah, Puma (the blue-haired one, of course!), Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, Leopard (the teal-haired one because the picture takes place in present time), OSX-tan (err... Mac-tan/OS X Public Beta-tan/OSX-tan... the blonde-haired girl who is OSX-tan in ZS!) and her Intel counterpart (although OSX-tan and OSX Intel-tan will be the same person in ZS, maybe Leopard-tan brought the two together in the same place just for the picture to be taken!)

Oops! And I did forget about Taligent-tan! I was thinking about changing Copland-tan's hairstyle a bit so she looks a little bit like Mac OS 8-tan because Copland was going to be OS 8! And the girl that Bella made as Copland-tan could be Taligent-tan being Taligent was originally known as "Pink". Also, Taligent/Pink-tan would be System 7-tan's twin sister (System 7 was originally known as "Blue" which has been around since the same time as "Pink")

And as for the wiki picture with the microchibis, I added in chibi ME-tan flying from the box about to fall flat on her face and chibi eComStation-tan carefully climbing out of the side of the box using her Spidey powers-- err... threading abilities!
Suggestions for more characters are greatly appreciated!