Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

*stares at piccy*
o_o
MEGASSAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

You might be getting a bit risky there but, sure as hell it's approved by the Ninja and Pirate communities.

And with the risk of sounding like some random moronic /b/tard with way too little lurking on his character sheet...

...sauce??? 'w'
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

Excellent find, C-Chan! I like how it has Tiger-tan with a classic Mac-tan (a first!) and it is in favor of Mac-tan/OS X-tan/That blonde girl with the platinum bodysuit as OS X-tan! :D

Incidentally, I've got a new Mac-related picture!

Another Sailor Moon parody, but with Mac OS 9.2-tan as "Sailor Moonlight!" :D

C-Chan

Scores 7.8 on the Cuter Scale!  ^V^

Unfortunately, I can only count 4 people in this forum who'd get the reference, but oh well.  That makes us "elite"... ^___^

Aurora Borealis

It's been a while but I've returned with some more stuff!

Acme-tan with some old-school cartoony goodness! falling safes, anvils, TNT, the 'Free food' trick, big hammer and a hole supposed to be covered in grass. Acme-tan also has some clones!

And here's the (probably) finished version of the PCLOS-tan fanart I was drawing!

C-Chan

Yo Aurora!  Long time no see!  ^^

Acme-chan I can tell from I mile away, but is that Ah-tan right next to her?  '__'
Not sure who the one in the corner is (with the ears), or the little pint-sized chibi on the tree.  ^^;

*stares at PCLOS-sama*

Fufufu.... Now watch me demonstrate my admiration for your masterpiece faster than you can say "Clean up on Aisle 5!!"  ^V^

*C-chans EXPLODES!!!*

Aurora Borealis

Also haven't seen you in a long time! Glad you're back!

And uhh... Actually the girl next to Acme-tan with the glasses is 2K-tan and the girl with TNT and the chibi in the tree are two of Acme-tan's clones! ^^;

"Clean up on Aisl--"

Okay, I'll go get a mop!

C-Chan

*voice from chunks on mop*

You know,... I was kinda wondering........ Wouldn't it be neat to have some chibi gnus grazing in the background?  ~~~~v~~~~

Gussy Keniji

Ah Aurora-san, I must say I simply love your art style...dood and your comic is also a riot to read, kudos dood

And before I go I'd like to say: Yay! Acme-chan :3

"Wut..."

C-Chan

*C-chan morphs back T1000-style*

Well technically-speaking, Aurora-san is a Doodette.  ^^'
But yep, leave it to her to canonize Acme-chan in less than a fortnight!  ^V^

I'm telling ya, that coyote girl is a hit!!  ^__^

*stares at PCLOS-tan*

Oh, and I still say some nice  furry GNUs would look cute in the background.  ^.^

Bella

Beautiful job on PCLOS-tan! Extra points on the background, as well :D

Aurora Borealis

Can you also find Sarah Connor, C-Chan? :D

I'm glad that you're a fan of my art too, Gussy! And there will be plenty more zerOSanity from me! In fact I'm almost done with pages 15-18 and on paper, I'm up to the end of page 28!

I have some picture ideas in progress and one of them will be of Bliss-tan cutely clinging onto a Linux-tan but... which one? Any suggestions?

And that some gnus were suggested for the PCLOS-tan picture, okay then! I tried making them in Photoshop but since they didn't come out the right size and vectors have to be resized one-by-one and a lot harder to do, I was like "aww forget this!" and erased them. As to why I tried to make the gnus in PS is because I do most of my background work in PS.
I'll try again but in Inkscape, export, add in .psd version of picture, shade and voila!

C-Chan

Nope, but I can tell you where Farah Fonnor is instead!  ^.^

And whaaaaa?  @o@

Vectors have to be resized one by one?  ^^;
I mean true you gotta resize them, but only as a group of paths that make up the GNU, right?  Unless you're planning to make a running herd, but even then, once you got a basic design Grouped and are comfortable with your good friend CTRL+D, cloning additional GNUs is as easy as...

GNU!!  ^.^

It's in chibi form, but maybe it can be useful to you perhaps?  ^__^

http://ostan-collections.net/annex/Images/Gnu.zip

For the baby tilting its head upwards, I selected all the paths that make up the face+horns and rotated it some clockwise.

Added after 4 minutes:

Regarding suggestions.............................................. I noticed the appearance of a new OSX Leopard design (currently viewable at Waka), although coincidentally it's also green-haired.  ^___^;
Since I doubt we're gonna get a flood of Leopard-tan designs like with the Vistans, maybe this could leave some room for integration perhaps?  Well since you're the official Mac Master (sorry Tsubashi-san, she came first...), I'll let you decide.  ^___^

Aurora Borealis

Thank you! That will make things a lot easier!

Also thanks for pointing out that new rendition of Leopard-tan! This oughta call for a new new rendition that will make her a time-travelling magical girl!

Added after 10 hours 53 minutes:

Here's an updated Leopard-tan! Time-travelling magical catgirl! An updated rendition combining C-Chan's rendition (based off of my original one plus the pink-haired one created by S from +Nijiura+) plus the recently-established magical girl Leopard-tan (created by a Toshiaki on +Nijiura+) with the frills and transparent skirt from Bella's rendition. Still may change a couple details...

And here's an almost completely revamped GEM-tan!

This is a very far cry from my original rendition. Anyways, GEM is a DOS-based OS from Digital Research, released in 1985 and had a lot of potential to succeed. However... Apple did not like the fact that it had a Mac-like GUI and sued so GEM 2 was very crippled. Last version released by Digital Resarch was version 3.11 and I thought things ended there. A sad end.

GEM-tan used to be confined to a wheelchair and not able to smile again but when learning about FreeGEM and OpenGEM, I learned there was more to GEM than I first thought. FreeGEM and OpenGEM restored much of the functionality of GEM 1, so GEM-tan recovered over the years and relearning how to stand up and walk with the help of her walking stick and her close friends!

She used to consider Windows 1.x-tan, Windows 2.0-tan and Lisa-tan as rivals but has learned how to work with them (however she and Lisa-tan are very good friends though!)

Her outfit was almost completely changed, is now a combination of 1930's, 1940's and 1980's styles. 1980's style as she is from the 80's, 30's/40's style as she is old-fashioned (why, the latest versions of GEM still look quite like the original!) and the 30's-40's was a time period of prosperity going into hardship then making a comeback!

Bella

QuoteShe used to consider Windows 1.x-tan, Windows 2.0-tan and Lisa-tan as rivals but has learned how to work with them (however she and Lisa-tan are very good friends though!)

Oh. My. God. ;015 I swear on my K8's life that I was going to do a Lisa/GEM-tan pic and/or comic. Like last week (showing how when GEM-tan joined the Vintage-tans, she was very afraid of Lisa-tan but how they learned to be best friends.)

Odd.

Aside from that, she's really cute! Even though original GEM-tan was cute too (maybe in her younger age, whereas here she's older?)

And the Leopard-tan is nice too! (though I have to say I think your version is the best I've seen!)

C-Chan

QuoteThank you! That will make things a lot easier!

Hai hai, any time!  Birds of a feather and all, and we Inkscapeers always help eachother out, no?  ^___^

QuoteHere's an updated Leopard-tan! Time-travelling magical catgirl! An updated rendition combining C-Chan's rendition (based off of my original one plus the pink-haired one created by S from +Nijiura+) plus the recently-established magical girl Leopard-tan (created by a Toshiaki on +Nijiura+) with the frills and transparent skirt from Bella's rendition. Still may change a couple details...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^

Can we say Cuteness Overload, boys and girls?  ^___^
I knew you could!  ^v^

It's a sketch, but still you've outdone yourself.  That is the cutest, most charming, most endearing Leopard-chan I've seen to date!  ^v^
It's no wonder given it's a perfect marriage of various designs -- and just like with collaborative projects, it provides the "cream of the crop" of each version.  I'd say it's time to ratched up the marketing mechanism on this one!  ^v^

*staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares lovingly*  ^_________^

QuoteThis is a very far cry from my original rendition. Anyways, GEM is a DOS-based OS from Digital Research, released in 1985 and had a lot of potential to succeed. However... Apple did not like the fact that it had a Mac-like GUI and sued so GEM 2 was very crippled. Last version released by Digital Resarch was version 3.11 and I thought things ended there. A sad end.

GEM-tan used to be confined to a wheelchair and not able to smile again but when learning about FreeGEM and OpenGEM, I learned there was more to GEM than I first thought. FreeGEM and OpenGEM restored much of the functionality of GEM 1, so GEM-tan recovered over the years and relearning how to stand up and walk with the help of her walking stick and her close friends!

Wow!  That really is a huge departure from your original.  ^__^
But I do like the idea that the original was simply her in the past, and this one represent GEM-chan in the present day, rehabilitated and with some of her hopeful spirit restored.  Now it only does this add more character depth to our characters, but it also helps explain away different clothing, ages and dispositions used in any of the designs produced since people never look exactly the same way all their lives.  ^___^

The Leopard-chan, for instance, may look very young in those magical girl pics, but since ours came from the future it should be natural for her to look older and more mature, with futuristic clothing.  ^v^